• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overjoyed! (462)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash did much better this time around with no evil spirit to play with his strategy. Torkoal finally learns Heat Wave, and it looks great(better than the one Clark's Charizard used). But Brandon won based on skill alone, using the Lock-On/Zap Cannon combo(using its paralysis effect to slow down Torkoal), in addition to what seems to be the debut of Superpower. I'm just sad that it was Torkoal and not Cyndaquil(no offense to Torkoal, I'm glad it got to appear).:(
you have to admit though it's funny how Sceptile was only able to force Regirock to it's knees while Torkoal kept knocking Registeel over, and even funnier was the fact that it used the effect of the Zap Cannon to paralyze it back as well, to bad though it lost in the end, but like i said in the spec thread we now know that Brandon's favorite strategy is to use Lock-on and follow up with a powerful attack which makes me wonder who gets to go up against Regice now as they are going to most likely survive a Sheer Cold barrage to win.

Also, Chansey was just awesome.:D Once again ignoring low stats helped for a change--as we know, Chansey has the second lowest Attack of any Pokémon and the suckiest Defense. And was that BIDE that it used for the finishing blow?! NICE!:D
Bide or Solarbeam, but man i would not wanna be Corphish right now.

Why is so worried about Aipom? I know it is cool and all but heck, Ash might get it back for Shinou or Aipom was a capture so the fillers it was in could amuse us and get some comedy in before the serious matches against Brandon. Anyway, Torkoal showing no mercy to Registeel was awesome! This its shining moment and I can't help but really proud for it. As for Nurse Joy, her character was very hyper and a little bit more goofy. It's like she's a fangirl for Ash and May. Her Chansey was also pretty cool too.

Gryphon Turboclaw

Thunder Trainer
I want to know why May was sulking outside by the tree by herself. What was her dialouge in that scene?

The camera also focuses on May frowning when Ash loses, what is this about?

As if there wasn't *enough* to be curious about in this ep, now we get this little mystery. Maybe she's worried about how Ash is going to able to handle Brandon the next time around?

It's probably temporary. Stop b!tching about it.

Ash did much better this time around with no evil spirit to play with his strategy. Torkoal finally learns Heat Wave, and it looks great(better than the one Clark's Charizard used). But Brandon won based on skill alone, using the Lock-On/Zap Cannon combo(using its paralysis effect to slow down Torkoal), in addition to what seems to be the debut of Superpower. I'm just sad that it was Torkoal and not Cyndaquil(no offense to Torkoal, I'm glad it got to appear).:(

Looks like I was dead right on the portrayal of Brandon by the writers...they really are making Ash sing for his supper in this arc. Something I can't help but to ask, though; was any backstory given as to how Brandon *got* those Regis in the first place, or are they---the writers---saving it for the next go-round(or not at all, which would stink)?

For some reason, I'm starting to get a "Martin Jigmar" vibe off of Brandon. (shrugs)

Also, Chansey was just awesome.:D Once again ignoring low stats helped for a change--as we know, Chansey has the second lowest Attack of any Pokémon and the suckiest Defense. And was that BIDE that it used for the finishing blow?! NICE!:D

Cushioning that horrible defense is the second-highest stamina count in all of pokemon existence(and no legendary even comes close in that category). Put them together and Bide becomes a lethal weapon against anyone with only physical attacks in their bag of tricks. Throw in a hefty Special Defense and a decent Special Attack(plus the movepool to utilize them), and you've got a pokemon that can *really* hold her own in a match, even in the face of bruisers like Mewtwo, Slaking, and Rayquaza.

you have to admit though it's funny how Sceptile was only able to force Regirock to it's knees while Torkoal kept knocking Registeel over, and even funnier was the fact that it used the effect of the Zap Cannon to paralyze it back as well, to bad though it lost in the end, but like i said in the spec thread we now know that Brandon's favorite strategy is to use Lock-on and follow up with a powerful attack which makes me wonder who gets to go up against Regice now as they are going to most likely survive a Sheer Cold barrage to win..

Not really, since Regice can't even *learn* Sheer Cold. Lock-On + Blizzard + Zap Cannon, however, is an all-too-likely possibility, and one that leaves the bulk of Ash' pokemon quite literally out in the cold. How Ash gets out of *that* conundrum should be most interesting to see.

Bide or Solarbeam, but man i would not wanna be Corphish right now.

I hear you. Looks like poor old Corphish has got *quite* a bit of work to do...

Last edited:
Cushioning that horrible defense is the absolute highest stamina count in all of pokemon existence(and no legendary even comes close in that category).
Blissey says hi, nya.:p Poor Corphish.:(

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Oh I'm not upset Aipom was Oak'd, more like confused. It doesn't make much sense. And am I the only one who thinks its sketchy that Nurse Joy had pictures of May and Ash?

Gryphon Turboclaw

Thunder Trainer
Blissey says hi, nya.:p Poor Corphish.:(

Whoops, you're right. I guess I had Blissey on the brain---when was the last time we saw one, again?---when I was talking about Chansey(though statwise, I wasn't off by *much*).XD

Oh I'm not upset Aipom was Oak'd, more like confused. It doesn't make much sense. And am I the only one who thinks its sketchy that Nurse Joy had pictures of May and Ash?

Well Primeape being given away doesn't make much sense ether but unfortunately we're not the writers. A stalkerish Nurse Joy...hmm, Brock has got to be jealous. I agree with some other people's opinions about Corphish. Not including Aipom, all of Ash's pokemon from either his Hoenn or BF team have had new attacks or have improved in strength (like evolving) except Corphish. The Chansey battle shows that Corphish needs something new.

Whoops, you're right. I guess I had Blissey on the brain---when was the last time we saw one, again?---when I was talking about Chansey(though statwise, I wasn't off by *much*).XD
The only time we saw one was Ignorance is Blissey. And Blissey has about 200 more HP than her lesser form has. 'Wasn't off by much' is pushing it.XD

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Not really, since Regice can't even *learn* Sheer Cold. Lock-On + Blizzard + Zap Cannon, however, is an all-too-likely possibility, and one that leaves the bulk of Ash' pokemon quite literally out in the cold. How Ash gets out of *that* conundrum should be most interesting to see.

Don't forget though, some pokemon in the show tend to pick up attacks that they cannot get in the games(most recent example is Ritchies Tailow being able to use gust.) and since Sheer Cold is a low accurate but devestating move, and Brandon's strategy is to use Lock on with something powerful, I believe it will use it.

Chris

Old Coot
Why send Aipom to Orchid? Because Jukain, Donfan and Heigani were necessary should Jindai have decided to use Regirock. Oosubame's a strong Pokemon but couldn't possibly win against Regirock or Registeel, whereas Aipom was just recently caught and doesn't have much in ways of battling experience and also could not do anything to the Regis.

Pikachu is self explanatory.

As for the whole Natsume battle, there was really only two episodes revolving around the battles themselves. Not three. Trying to capture a Ghost Pokemon was simply part of the story so Satoshi can attempt beating her. When Ghost followed Satoshi to Natsume's Gym, he was no where in sight before the match even was set to begin. Satoshi didn't win or lose considering the battle hadn't even started yet and he said he had quit before doing anything else.

His return with no Ghost in sight left him no choice but to use Pikachu, who decided to fight on its own. On a technicality Satoshi only won because Yungerer was unable to battle at all due to it being connected with Natsume and her dying of laughter, thanks to Ghost. Whereas here, Satoshi actually lost two times during a battle in two episodes and has to rematch him a third time in a third episode.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I wouldn't be surprised if Aipom showed up again next week without any transition on-screen. Noctowl was once "Oak'd" and was back in the lineup the next episode without us seeing it transferred back (I think that was "Ring Masters", but I could be wrong).

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Aipom being Oaked for Torkoal was pretty lame, at least they didn't bring back Charizard again just yet.

Ash losing to Nurse Joy was pretty lame too. He can't defeat a friggin Chansey, how does he ever expect to defeat Regice or for that manner any of them? (I hear a 'zard in the distance.....)

At least Brandon wasn't as nasty as he was the last time. That made up for some of it.

Hmmmm, I noticed the Pyramid didn't fly away this time, Brandon simply packed up his supplies to go exploring and left on foot. Does that mean the Pyramid stays put now, or is he going to move it later?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
You guys stop whining about Aipom. In the next episode he is going to already been confirmed to talk to Oak whether he goes to Oak's or over the computer.

This episode was good. I'm glad Ash has gone on a losing streak it makes things interesting. Ash had been on a winning streak that I'm glad has ended and he is stumped with this one.

Lord wackruntlje

Speed up, n00b!
This was one of Meowth's weirdest boss fantasies. First Chansey is boxing with Giovanni, then heals him XP
Nice to see a Joy with some personality, was some time ago. And about time Ash got some medium-serious fans, he had gotten quite good as a trainer. Though I don't see why Joy would like May aswell, she haesn't done as good as has IMO.
Good close ups with Registeel's eyes, they made it look more mechinized when they was a little sunken in. I first assumed the anime would make them pout out a little, but this was a nice suprise.

dragonruby0

dragonmaster
i think charizard will come back vs regice the matchup wud be interesting
also perhaps will corphish will evolve to regain pride?

I'm happy Torkoal put up an awesome fight. That it lost is sad, but it was on the verge on winning when Registeel knocked it out. And Torkoal was used to full potential.
I didn't expect Ash to lose against Joy, too. WTF is going on here?
Aipom does seem to be a Miracle-Gro Pokemon.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
I always wanted to see Nurse joy and Chansey in a battle.

This was Torkoal's best appeareance/fight. The Regi's are my favorite legendaries, so it was also cool to see anotherone of them fight. This episode was awesome, one of the best battles.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
As EE said if you're going to send a one of your Pokemon back you're going to send Aipom back since it's probably the least refined and battle hardened of Ash's bunch. There's a slight chance Oak may have requested it to check Aipom out also but it's kinda hard to tell by the pictures.

It's obvious that the writers wrote this to give Torkoal some redemption :) The best Torkoal batte and actually a really good 1v1 battle in general. It's good to see the writers can still be creative and write a good battle still ;) It was nice to see Brandon give a lot of respect to Ash after their match and a Nurse Joy with a personality :D

I know it's debatable but I count this as Ash's first lose to Brandon. Granted he still had some influence in his first battle but it was still marred by the evil spirit's influence like having Sceptile hide behind the judge and collaspe the roof on Regirock. Though there is a lot of good points to say this is second loss.

Not to push shipping or anything since I don't believe it will ever happen in the Anime besides maybe a small crush ala Battle Tower but going by the pictures it appears May is concerened about Ash. Ash looked really disappointed after his loss to Chansey and concerned about his upcoming match with Brandon and it seemed May was sharing the same feelings of disspointment and worry of her friend. That's my opinion anyways unless there was some other dialogue or scenes that the pictures don't show.

As far as Chansey goes. It's one pokemon that you would be wise not to underestimate with the right moveset. Seismic Toss, Softboiled, Minimize, and Sing (or any move of your choosing) would make for a long day for most opponents :)

Last edited: