• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overjoyed! (462)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Meowth goes even further into the depths of insanity to pull this latest fantasy off. Chancey beats the living daylights out of Giovanni which is scary in and of itself but then heals him.

Another fine battle but with the same result, Ash loses.

And yes, Ash lost to Sabrina twice by forfeit.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Meowth's officially lost it with his boss fantasies.

I love Torkoal's facial expressions in this episode, they're deceivably cute and evil. Chansey was the same. I hope the fact that Corphish lost doesn't just get left out on the window to cool as it would be nice seeing Corphish training to better himself.

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
I want to know why May was sulking outside by the tree by herself. What was her dialouge in that scene?

The camera also focuses on May frowning when Ash loses, what is this about?

I noticed that too. Strange. Good thing i wasn't the only one who noticed.

yeah i think torcoal put up a good fight. especially since it was against the legendary registeel..

Kabuto

little punks!
Glad to see Torkoal return. Poor little guy lost again. Still it was an excellent battle, considering Torkoal had to face the legendary Registeel. Hmm, this could mean we can get Glalie to face Regice. Still, I'm thinking Pikachu will take the win. Who knows.

Dreamcoat

The look on Aipom after being sent to Oak = teh r0x0rz.

Poor Professor Oak, being beaten up by an Aipom. If Aipom meets Bayleef...that calls for trouble. I still don't get why Corphish lost, I mean it has been on Ash's team since Hoenn and it still doesn't do anything new. Corphish has no new attack combos, no new moves. I feel sorry for it, especially with this battle. Oh well, at least Torkoal did well. New move, against a legendary, better battler...I really feel proud for it.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
But Brandon won based on skill alone, using the Lock-On/Zap Cannon combo(using its paralysis effect to slow down Torkoal), in addition to what seems to be the debut of Superpower. I'm just sad that it was Torkoal and not Cyndaquil(no offense to Torkoal, I'm glad it got to appear).:(

there was no Superpower. You're probably thinking of Metal Claw. Anyway, it seems to me that Jindai relies heavily on Lock-On, so it'd be nice if we get to see Satoshi try to figure out some way around it.

Heh... you know, when I watched the beginning of this episode, I got the impression the writers were playing yet another cruel joke on Cotoise. Joy comes along, impressed that Satoshi got the Best 8 in the Saiyuu tournament, and shows off her scrapbook, with Cotoise being KOed in the only picture he appears in. And I came into this episode half expecting some people's prediction that Donphan would be used against Registeel (it's interesting to note that when Satoshi contacted Ookido, all three of steel's weaknesses were mentioned: fire, ground, and fighting. The show tends to focus on the fire weakness alone, so it's good to hear the others made mention of, even if they weren't implemented). Then, he indended up exchanging Aipom (I'm left further questioning its purpose besides a late Trozei ad) for one of his reserves.... for a while, I was left guessing, the only hint being that Ookido said it learned a new attack (someone could've learned Earthquake or Brick Break for all I know), until it was finally confirmed: Cotoise was used, my guess in that "Which Pokemon do u hope to see battle the 2 remaining Regis???" thread wasn't far off.

In spite of its horrid win record, as I keep saying, Cotoise is actually a pretty good Pokemon with lots of potential if the writers could just take better advantage of its tanking abilities. They managed to do just that in this episode, as seen by the use of Iron Defense to counter Jindai's first Lock-On attempt (on an interesting note, Lock-On seems to have put a target smack dab on the reptilian desert-dweller's forehead. Stuff like this makes you thank god 4kids is out of the picture ^^). And it's nice to see, after having Overheat swiped away by Lizardon and Wakashamo, that he's got another exclusive attack (on another interesting note, Ookido says he learned that new technique while he was over there... either Cotoise's been doing some serious training, or this confirms my earlier theory that Ookido teaches Pokemon new attacks without their trainers' consent). They sure seem to be making up for the poor guy's crappy treatment in the past.

Anyway, for everyone confused about that boss fantasy, Nyaasu thought that Lucky would make a good sparring partner, and then heal him afterwards. He based this off the fact that once Joy and Lucky finished beating up on Heigani (and putting their hats back on... they seem to go pretty nuts when their hats are off their heads), they immediately ran the Pokemon they just fainted to get healed. It's about time we see some battle-capable portrayal of Lucky (though, it's no longer gonna be able to take those Crab Hammers so well come generation 4 XD), but seeing as how the characters are gonna be staying at this (pretty friggin well-equipped) Pokemon Center over the next few episodes (guess we see where that "The Pokemon Center is Very Busy!" title comes in), I really hope we get to see it evolve into Hapinasu, considering we never saw the thing since early Jouto, and with a pretty crap portrayal as well (interestingly enough, Sounansu was disguised as a Hapinasu). And concerning Lucky's trainer...

npc1.png

npc2.png

The Joy in this episode definitely wasn't XD. A battle-capable Lucky, and a Joy with a distinct personality, two very rare sights... throw in the Cotoise vs. Registeel battle, and we've got one helluva note-worthy episode. ^^

Last edited:

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
I think Corphish's place as the only unevolved Pokemon on Ash's Team (Pikachu understandably excluded) is starting to becoming rather apparent. Torkoal had a fine battle, but I don't see how Ash's Pokemon tend to improve so drastically when he's NOT with them. Tauros, Snorlax, Charizard (understandably), and now Torkoal. What other Pokemon will become abnormally powerful?

Poor Aipom got sent to the good Professor. What a blow that must be.

Still wish I'd gotten to see Cyndaquil, but alas, that is a wish never to be seen.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
LOL I'm curious as to how many Ash fan girls there are in his world, poor guy had to deal with the Nurse Joy XD
Any ways after seeing the pictures pretty cool episode, can't wait for the next one.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
Maybe Ash sent Aipom over to Oaks is so Aipom can become super powerful without Ash training it like his other Pokemon.
This episode was cool though, except how could Corphish lose? Hes probably dissapointed enough that he lost to Brandon again, but to a Chansey? Poor Corphish.

Sending Aipom to Oak doesn't really mean it will get stronger. We haven't seen Noctowl or Totodile (a pokemon like that) get stronger as of yet. But anyway, I wonder what Brock's reactions were when Ash and May got all the attention from Nurse Joy. I shall mention again...that Trokoal did awesome against Registeel. Even though it lost, the pokemon that used to be Ash's weakest AG pokemon (other than Aipom) surprised us all and became a really powerful battler. I just feel so happy for Torkoal getting the battling style it deserves.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
It's like the game, Oak's lab is probably more like the pokemon daycare in the games since the pokemon are outside running doing things so that's probably why Ash's pokemon are stronger while they are there. The pokemon that are in his lab inside their pokemon are probably the ones that just stay the same like you when they are in your PC in the game.

Also the ironic thing in this episode and I wonder if it was intentional was that one of Joy's pictures of Ash is of Torkoal fainted :p

Last edited:
its kind of pathetic how ash's corphish lost to joy's chansey......i hope that thing evolves soon.............

FlameTrainer

Jedi Council Member
I don't think Aipom will stay at Oak's. I think Ash just had to make space for Torkoal, and that Prof Oak would like to see the newest addition to Ash's team, so while Ash battled with Torkoal, Oak researched Aipmo, and probably Torkoal will go back to Oak's and Aipom will return.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aipom showed up again next week without any transition on-screen. Noctowl was once "Oak'd" and was back in the lineup the next episode without us seeing it transferred back (I think that was "Ring Masters", but I could be wrong).
I agree with your Aipom prediction, or else we'll see something happen kinda similar to bayleef where Ash will show up at Oak's (since we all ready know that's going to happen) and we'll see a Professor Oak that's all beaten up trying to take care of Aipom. XD
I'm not surprised Ash lost, though my heart went out to him with that expression. :( He seemed sooo sad. :(
I'm glad they brought torkoal back too, and that was a great fight they put up against Brandon (or is it Brendan?).

Blazken

Boulder Trainer
I can't wait to see this one. But something up with May, I think she afaid That Ash will have something bad happen to him there like last time. As A FRIEND nothing more.