• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overjoyed! (462)

PANCAKE

I can't smile :|
Ash: "So Brandon, can I have a battle with you?"
Brandon: "Noooooooooooooo!!"

Thank you Tivo and your 5 rewinds. I love a good laugh at bad voice direction. :D

I agree with you Water Dragon, Registeels voice was 110 times better in the movie. I wouldn't have even minded at all if PUSA used clips from it's previous voice, insted of redoing it. Not to mention it didn't really say much.

Nice to see ol' Torkoal again. Shame we didn't get to see it's signature crying though. And now he will spend the rest of his days at Oaks, along with the the other Kanto and Johto Pokes'. Speaking of Professor Oak, it was funny to see Aipom maul the poor guy when it was transported there. Oaky can't get a break with these creatures.

Nice to see a Chansey in battle! It ***** slapped Corphish around then took it away to care for it. The boss fantasy about Chansey was the best I've seen in awhile. It actually made some sense.

Let's see.......... Oh, the actual battle with Registeel was "Pffffft" for me. Nothing we haven't seen before. I roll my eyes everytime I see Ash ordering his Pokemon to power up by bouncing off a wall, twisting in a sandstorm, etc. It's boring stratigies like that which offer him cheap wins. <---Just my opinion so don't go nucking futs people.

6/10 from me. Can't wait to see the actual finality coming in a couple weeks.

-PANCAKE-

Edit: S-E-N-S-E corrected

Last edited:

Shift

I'll learn you good!
This episode was awesome. It was good to see a Chansey again AND one that battles was pretty cool, too. The Boss Fantasy was rip roaringly funny this time. It was also funny how Chansey went nuts after losing its hat as well as Aipom beating up Professor Oak. Registeel was cool, although I like the voice from the Lucario movie better. Torkoal's new voice sounded awful. It was great to see Heat Wave in the anime. The battle was awesome.
Torkoal's new voice would be Jimmy Zoppi, though I thought it sounded pretty good.

The episode was pretty good; I liked both battles, especially Torcoal taking down Registeel.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
Ahhh this episode has three great parts:

Nurse Joy and Chansey with mind control hats that keep their spirits nurse mode.

There's the Aipom giant bobblehead.

Then the battle itself was classic. I just think he relied too much on body slam instead of his other moves. He didn't even use overheat in the cyclone where it probably would've been more effedctive. Or any fire move for that matter. It could be like the Cyndaquil battle vs Scyther in Jotho.

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
I actually watched the dub ep, it wan't bad. I liked the Nurse Joy and Chansey battle, hehe. XP OMG, Registeal.

Something about Max saying "You can look but you can't touch," Made me giggle though. Heh.

You guys stop whining about Aipom. In the next episode he is going to already been confirmed to talk to Oak whether he goes to Oak's or over the computer.

This episode was good. I'm glad Ash has gone on a losing streak it makes things interesting. Ash had been on a winning streak that I'm glad has ended and he is stumped with this one.
ash was never on a winning streak.he loss to anabel,brandon 1st and 2cd time.

I loved this episode but registeel wasn't as badass as i thought he would be.still it was a good episode though and hoora to torkoal.

Ahhh this episode has three great parts:

Nurse Joy and Chansey with mind control hats that keep their spirits nurse mode.

There's the Aipom giant bobblehead.

Then the battle itself was classic. I just think he relied too much on body slam instead of his other moves. He didn't even use overheat in the cyclone where it probably would've been more effedctive. Or any fire move for that matter. It could be like the Cyndaquil battle vs Scyther in Jotho.
*coughflamethrowercough* oh? and heat wave.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I agree with you Water Dragon, Registeels voice was 110 times better in the movie. I wouldn't have even minded at all if PUSA used clips from it's previous voice, insted of redoing it. Not to mention it didn't really say much.
PUSA redoing it? Registeel's voice in this episode was different from his movie voice in the Japanese episode, as well. PUSA didn't redo jack. Please have an idea of what the hell you're saying before you throw that assumption stuff out there, no offense.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
I must admit, this was a great episode. It was nice to finally see Ash bring back another one of his pokemon for battle since he hasn't done it since Heracross. Heat Wave was a really nice move to see in the anime. Torkoal put up a really great fight until Brandon told Registeel to use the Lock-On, Zap Cannon combo. It was also nice to see a Nurse Joy offically battle for the first time. Funny how Corphish can beat Anabel's Alakazam, but it couldn't muster the power to beat a Chensey and its 600 and some odd hit point defense. I guess Chensey had too much bulk. Ash really thought on his toes in the battle with Brandon, and he showed him that he got much better since their first encounter. He just has a little more work to do, and then, he will definitely beat Brandon.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
Ash: "So Brandon, can I have a battle with you?"
Brandon: "Noooooooooooooo!!"
-PANCAKE-

I still laugh when i think about this part. lol a simple no would have sufficed.

I still fell really sorry for torkoal, he fought so hard and...lost. but he tried his best.

lol getting knocked out while standing was kinda weird though.

ps. did they have to change alllllllllll the pokemon voices and actors, what was wrong with the old ones? were they all like on some kind of temporary contract or what?

and why does it seem that almost all the voices they redid i don't like why can't there be a voice i like why?

oh well lamenting over torkoals loss and the loss of his original voice actor will get me nowhere. on with life.

Last edited:

AdvancedK9

SHOOP DA WOOP!!!
I want to know why May was sulking outside by the tree by herself. What was her dialouge in that scene?

The camera also focuses on May frowning when Ash loses, what is this about?

this is what i'm frigin wondering about... could this be a forsight of may leaving? we ARE close to the end

Max:ash must be learning a lot down there

May: /(mind)but what about me?(/mind)

i cant beleive CN rushed in december

wasnt the friggin contest enough?

PANCAKE

I can't smile :|
PUSA redoing it? Registeel's voice in this episode was different from his movie voice in the Japanese episode, as well. PUSA didn't redo jack. Please have an idea of what the hell you're saying before you throw that assumption stuff out there, no offense.

Look you bafoon:

First off you say "no offense", then have the nerve to say "hell". Get a life you loser. I'm not some nerdy Star Wars freak who picks apart every damn episode to shove in someones face to prove a point. If I was wrong, then I'm wrong. But have a correct way of coming at me with it, insted of some droning jack-*** who lives in his moms basement not opening up his colletors edition Pikachu for fear of devaluing it.

I seen the Lucario movie once and had never seen the Japanese stuff until recently. So IM compairing it to the TRANSLATED stuff I saw. I've nothing else to go on until someone points it out. I've had that happen a few times now and people were nice about it. Not a jerk like you. So next time you want to try to correct me on something PM me, IM me on my AOL, just don't try and point me out like an idiot on the forum. Creep.

^ Wow take a chill pill dude.

I've read through some posts, but nothing really telling me anything (too many mixed views). Can someone give me a clue-in on how good PUSA's Torkoal was? Well good's probably too generic, more along the lines of a brief description? Or a comparrison to 4Kids' Torkoal voice?

I'm just dying to know.

Thanks in advance people :O. If its not too much trouble or anything.

S.Suikun

First off you say "no offense", then have the nerve to say "hell". Get a life you loser. I'm not some nerdy Star Wars freak who picks apart every damn episode to shove in someones face to prove a point. If I was wrong, then I'm wrong. But have a correct way of coming at me with it, insted of some droning jack-*** who lives in his moms basement not opening up his colletors edition Pikachu for fear of devaluing it.
Actually, it's my mom's closet. We don't have a basement. :p
I seen the Lucario movie once and had never seen the Japanese stuff until recently. So IM compairing it to the TRANSLATED stuff I saw. I've nothing else to go on until someone points it out. I've had that happen a few times now and people were nice about it. Not a jerk like you. So next time you want to try to correct me on something PM me, IM me on my AOL, just don't try and point me out like an idiot on the forum. Creep.
Whoa, whoa! Don't call me a creep until I actually become a certified pedophile! I'm just an intern as it is.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
This was a cool episode. I didn't think I'd ever see a Chansey battle. Brandon's voice was kinda annoying though.

Registeel was the coolest with it's robotic voice. I want to see the episode where Ash battles all 3 regis, mainly to se what the others sound like.

I think this should count as Ash's first official loss agaist Brandon, since he was possesed by an evil spirit when he fought Regirock.

Why did he use Torkoal? If he used Charizard, he would've won. It did beat Articuno, after all.

This episode gets a 7/10 in my book.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ Wow take a chill pill dude.

I've read through some posts, but nothing really telling me anything (too many mixed views). Can someone give me a clue-in on how good PUSA's Torkoal was? Well good's probably too generic, more along the lines of a brief description? Or a comparrison to 4Kids' Torkoal voice?

I'm just dying to know.

Thanks in advance people :O. If its not too much trouble or anything.

It was fairly different from the old Torkoal, at least.

As a comparison, you know how the new Corphish sounds in comparison to the old one? Think of Torkoal's voice changing along the same lines.

Its not a bad voice, it just sounds a bit different than what we're used to.

S.Suikun

Why did he use Torkoal? If he used Charizard, he would've won. It did beat Articuno, after all.
Yeah, just what we need. Even more Charizard over-glorification. You'll get your wish and more in the near future.
[spoil]When it gets completely assraped by a non-legend. :p[/spoil]

Weavile_Striker

#1 Weavile Fan!
Ah man. I didn't get to see the end of the episode. It was pretty funny when Aipom started beating up Oak. Also, is it just me, or does that things head get bigger every episode?