• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overjoyed! (462)

Pokemon__

Bucephalus
I'm glad Ash brought back Torkoal, he's gotten alot stronger, especially with the heat wave atack. I bet Torkoal would have won if Registeel hadn't gotten in that last zap cannon. And I liked Aipom's reaction to Professor Oak. XD

I thought the Torkoal vs. Registeel battle was amazing! I am always questioning why they wouldn't let Torkoal use Overheat when it was right on top of Registeel's head/body...

But anyway I liked they Hyper Nurse Joy and the whole episod in general.

aipom_fan

I thought the Torkoal vs. Registeel battle was amazing! I am always questioning why they wouldn't let Torkoal use Overheat when it was right on top of Registeel's head/body...

But anyway I liked they Hyper Nurse Joy and the whole episod in general.

i total agree. it was a awesome battle.

i think he didn't use overheat right on top so they can keep the show in the Kanto Region longer and to show how tough brandon is.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
I'm more interested in that Chansey! I've been inspired to breed a Pinpuku when Diamond and Pearl come out and evolve it into a battle Blissey for my team after seeing that Chansey kick Corphish's shellfish butt! :D

Knight_Ram

Yeah, this was a pretty average battle from Ash in both battles shown during the quick 20 minute episode. Expected more from him, but he made the show go on a little longer. (Which is cool). Yup... I liked the new move shown. Looked pretty good for a heat wave.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
There are a couple of things I didn't like about the dub version:

- Torkoal's "voice"
- May saying: "What about me?", selfish much?

Surreal

DIRTY HACKERS
This episode was pretty good. Torkal put up a great fight, Just wished it would of won more battles in the past. But this was a good episode.

Knight_Ram

Heat Wave was doing great, too bad Ash's Torkoal was a little weaker than Registeel.

Maybe another time.

Soulworage717

Registeel.
Truth be told the battle itself was good compared to others. Although having another final standoff (I HATE THOSE.) there was some KINDA clever moments. And proof Lock-On in the anime is an awesome move.

On the bad side I totally have to agree with Ashy Boy. Torkoal's voice is messed up. I dunno if that's age or anything but after listening to AG's voice, it was definately awkward.

Oh yeah, I still love this episode because of only one thing...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

KING BRANDON DEMANDS THE LOCATION OF THE SEALED CHAMBER.

KING BRANDON WANTS YOU TO FETCH HIM SOME PORK CHOPS.

And so on.

This episode gave me the idea of KING BRANDON. And I owe alot to this episode.

ALL HAIL KING BRANDON.

Knight_Ram

Truth be told the battle itself was good compared to others. Although having another final standoff (I HATE THOSE.) there was some KINDA clever moments. And proof Lock-On in the anime is an awesome move.

On the bad side I totally have to agree with Ashy Boy. Torkoal's voice is messed up. I dunno if that's age or anything but after listening to AG's voice, it was definately awkward.

Oh yeah, I still love this episode because of only one thing...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

KING BRANDON DEMANDS THE LOCATION OF THE SEALED CHAMBER.

KING BRANDON WANTS YOU TO FETCH HIM SOME PORK CHOPS.

And so on.

This episode gave me the idea of KING BRANDON. And I owe alot to this episode.

ALL HAIL KING BRANDON.

I think I would rather Hail Knight_Ram rather than him. After all, I did pwn him on Emerald...:p

I also liked the "NOOOOOO!!" thing that Brandon does. Its so funny.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
PUSA really handled Max badly, IMO.

I kind of liked Max in Hoenn since 4kids gave him good dialog and he was kinda snarky, but PUSA didn't know what kind of lines to give him.

I didn't like Max's new voice either, but since BF was only a short season and he's not around anymore I guess it doesn't matter.

IMO, Max's character was ruined the most from the transition of the two dubs.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
Oh yeeeaah, Battle Frontier Max was packed full of snarky commentary and negligible chatter (as if me, in the show!). The voice only made this sound annoying.

And I think Meowth should sue.

But can you blame PUSA though? How could they have dubbed a main character who received close-to-zero development this season? If the kid wasn't a pain, I'd forget he was a stump next to May's leg altogether.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But can you blame PUSA though? How could they have dubbed a main character who received close-to-zero development this season? If the kid wasn't a pain, I'd forget he was a stump next to May's leg altogether.

I don't know, but Max didn't do much in Hoenn either yet 4kids actually made him funny at times.

Some of those early/mid Hoenn episodes when Max would make fun of both Ash and May was quite funny, and that's why I didn't mind him back then. He really did seem like an amusing kid.

The writers themselves did get bored of Max in Battle Frontier, only in that Ranger/Deoxys episode did he have some sort of role, but PUSA just made it worse by giving him repetitive dialog.

I agree that it doesn't really matter since Max didn't do much in BF anyway, but at least they got his goodbye dialog with Ash right. Oh well.

Tadashi

kiss my greens

Its great to show Ash losing twice in a row to the same trainer, something like that has never happened to him, and it is just so refreshing to show that Ash isn't as powerful as he is made out to be.

My thoughts exactly ^_^ It's nice to see him lose some once and a while. Especially against someone like Brandon, so he has to work extra hard to pull off a win the next time around. Jolly good, I say ^_^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Max's new voice was too static like, and far too nerdy.

And as said, the lines PUSA gave him were redundant. I don't remember Max saying things like, "This is the first time I saw this move today!" back when Hoenn was airing.

4kids knew how to write Max's dialog better than PUSA.

Torpoleon

I can tell Ash was really colse to winning this battle!