• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overlevelled or Underlevelled

ArthurIhde

Well,both OK.

Warren_G

Adult Trainer
It depends on the game. Currently in Heartgold I use a "squad" based system. Squad 1 being the starter and the first few pokes I caught and other teams are just selected once I retire one.

With squad 3 i'm a bit overleveled but I'm not allowing them to use items. It's a matter of taste.

Halfyre

Sceptile Master
I don't care if my pokemon are underleveled or overleveled I just train them withe the poke trainers before facing the gym leader and train the rest to the same level as my highest leveled pokemon

Ultimate Glalie

Before facing Gyms, I usually train each of the 6 Pokemon in my party to the same level as the Gym Leader's highest-levelled Pokemon.

Ditto123

~Word~
underleveled no contest
overleveled is too much work and bein underleveled is a fun challenge

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
I always am overleveled, but thats just because I battle all trainers I can, which usually causes my team to be quite high in level. On SS however, I was underleveled yet it still didn't add much of a challenge for me. I don't really mind either of the two choices I guess.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
When I was a kid, I used to grind my team to really high levels and OHKO everything, but now I try to be as low leveled as possible while still beating all of the trainers I can find.

I tend to be overlevelled.. I had a lvl 100 at the end of the elite 4...
It wasn't my intention, it was because I ussually play with bad/underrated pokemon.

EDIT- twas on my Diamond game.

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!
I try to train my pokemon equally but my starter usually gets a little more attention. I also level them up based on the next gym so the types who will be strong against the next gym usually are a few levels higher than the ones I won't be using. But then after that gym I work with the pokemon I didn't use in the gym to make up the difference. For the elite4 I make sure all my pokes are at least the same level as the strongest pokemon there.

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
I've been doing a lot of Nuzlocke runs lately, and that paranoia tends to make me automatically just barely overlevel my Pokémon.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Overlevelling is funnish but I like to remain ever-so-slightly below the threshold, as challenges are indeed fun. So I'm always usually at the normal level or below.

card986

over leveled bro. i know it kind of makes me seem like a n00b but why need a challenge when u can just defeat things easy...or i like to keep them the same level to prove my pokemon are better but not under level, i see no point in that.

shadowdorothy

Under leveled usually work for me. I'm always 1 to 5 levels under the current challenger, and it makes the game better. Plus I'm to lazy to train 'em that high.
BTW level 20 notcowl can so pwn a level 25 genger.