• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overrated Movies

Hydroleaf

♥ ♥ Brain Bleach ♥ ♥
The Woodchipper Massacre is the worst movie in general, let alone the worst horror movie yet. A shoe and a wad of gum will a red jell center could get better ratings on acting and everything else than this movie...

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I remember everyone of my friends saying that Dark Knight was the best movie ever, i watched it and feel asleep it was that boring, Ironman was better.

High school Musical - What are disney doing?? what happened to the good animated movies they used to make? I swear only idiots like those crappy movies.

Be kind rewind - For a Jack Black film this was pretty grim, so boring.

I have a new movie to add to my list, and that would be Twilight. Seriously though, its becoming worse than the Jonas Brothers.

I have a new movie to add to my list, and that would be Twilight. Seriously though, its becoming worse than the Jonas Brothers.

InfamousMrJ

Serebii'sGhostbuster
I remember everyone of my friends saying that Dark Knight was the best movie ever, i watched it and feel asleep it was that boring, Ironman was better.

High school Musical - What are disney doing?? what happened to the good animated movies they used to make? I swear only idiots like those crappy movies.

Be kind rewind - For a Jack Black film this was pretty grim, so boring.

Ironman was a joke. If I had to pay to watch it, I would have been pretty peeved.
Be Kind, Rewind was very much a bad movie. As it often the case, the trailer for it was the better than the entire movie.
As for High School Musical 3, Disney knew exactly what they were doing. With two made for tv movies under their belt, and a huge fan base, putting the last on the big screen was very smart, as it was a sure thing that it would make a killing, and did it ever. Disney wanted to milk those fans, and they did just that.

seveguy

To Kill a Mockingbird.

I have seen it twice and I don't care for it. Really, I don't understand why people think that Atticus is like the biggest movie hero ever. He fought for an African American, and wasn't racist. So were most good people back then.

Scout bothered me as well. Her character just looked very vulnerable, like tripping on a twig would kill her.

I also found the ending a tad incomprehensible.

Haxon22

iJerk
Twilight in my opinon it was dull

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
To Kill a Mockingbird.

I have seen it twice and I don't care for it. Really, I don't understand why people think that Atticus is like the biggest movie hero ever. He fought for an African American, and wasn't racist. So were most good people back then.

Scout bothered me as well. Her character just looked very vulnerable, like tripping on a twig would kill her.

I also found the ending a tad incomprehensible.

I do hate that book (never seen the movie,) but saying most good people were not racist is just not true. Racism was (and is) part of the fabric of American society, and plenty of otherwise good and decent people do horrific things in its name

thunderblade12

I watched Napoleon Dynomite expecting something great and I asked myself about 100 times "is this supposed to be funny?" The only joke was something that been done about 100 times, the stereotypical nerd characters, "gah freakin idiot!"

HoennMaster

I watched Napoleon Dynomite expecting something great and I asked myself about 100 times "is this supposed to be funny?" The only joke was something that been done about 100 times, the stereotypical nerd characters, "gah freakin idiot!"

I agree. I remember everyone saying it was a good movie and I was jealous that I hadn't seen it. Then we had to watch it in Psychology last year and I was like WTF? This is beyond stupid.

Tyranitarphantom

seems so familiar...

I'm not even sure if Twilight had any affiliation with Disney, but it follows the trend set by Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana, and High School Musical. Crappy beyond belief, but somehow mesmerizing to young girls. A group of friends (i was one of only two guys, then like 5 girls) went to see Twilight, and me and my friend just left, it was disgusting. They said we were idiots >.>

Seriously. That movie wasnt funny. I'd venture to say its the most pointless movie ever (even stupid parodic movies like Scary Movie were kinda funny)

Last edited:

Penguinist Trainer

Twilight - nothing special about it
Napoleon Dynamite - I agree with the others. This is a mockery of what a movie should be.
High School Musical - Do people think this is what high school is like, cause my memory says different. and if you want to watch a musical, go to broadway, if you want to see a movie go to the movies.

High School Musical: Hey Disney have there's a new movie called Grease have you heard of it?
Twilight: Did anybody know that those freakin' books existed before they made it into a #^*$ing movie?
*Also, to add to the idea of High School Musical, did anybody else notice that in the first one Gabriella was supposed to be some sweet, shy, innocent girl; while she was a prostitute through the course of #2 and #3, not to mention those retarded JC Penny commercials they had at the end of Summer? Also think about this with the sexuality of the dudes in those movies: person A wants to rip Person B's head off so the Person B just starts singing to to Person A, causing a big song and dance number that ends the whole fight. Ever heard of punching? It's a much easier way to end an argument and show your manliness than just singing to the guy.

RagTag

Shroomin'
The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger was really not as great in that movie as everyone said he was.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Twilight: Did anybody know that those freakin' books existed before they made it into a #^*$ing movie?

The books were a smash hit. They were milking the fans of the books when this movie came out.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
The Dark Knight - I really enjoyed it, and I'm inclined to like most things with Batman in them. But people take it way to seriously. I haven't seen populist philosophy that ham-fisted since...anything I can remember, really.

If you're starving for "deep-thinkey" Batman, read a copy of The Dark Knight Returns, or even The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Powerage

Flannigan's Ball
Honestly, I only read the first couple pages of this thread, and just as I suspected it's one of those "Man, I'm gonna pick a film everyone loves and say I only kinda like it so I look DIFFERENT ON THE INTERNET" threads.

The Dark Knight is not overrated. I do believe it was mentioned earlier, but it's a return to form for films. It's not focused around shiny special effects, it's focused around the writing, the acting, the atmosphere. To the guy who said WB capitalized off of Ledger's death, you're wrong. Well before he died the Joker was already a heavily advertised aspect of the film, and he was a controversial choice that was garnering a ton of attention.

Also, to the guy that listed Citizen Kane along with films like The Matrix, Transformers, and a Scanner Darkly, you're just an idiot. You don't get to name what is easily one of the best films of all time with a bunch of mediocre to entertaining movies and then make a few sweeping, generalizing statements about your list and expect anyone to believe a single damn word you're saying.