• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overrated Movies

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
Yeah, there wasn't a high tech approach anyway at that time. I just hate how people go "OH GOD THE SPECIAL EFFECTS SUCKED" - as opposed to (for example) the matrix where there are NO SPECIAL EFFECTS, here's a hint, there's no special effects if they're in EVERY ****ING SCENE, the term special denotes that they're special (and thus not used all the time).
Who cares if they didn't have the technology? They shouldn't have used it then. It looks crap. Now, Alien and Blade Runner were both old sci-fi films that were absolutely brilliant.

The Matrix was damn awesome, though. Not the best film ever, but how is it bad to use many special effects?

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Who cares if they didn't have the technology? They shouldn't have used it then. It looks crap. Now, Alien and Blade Runner were both old sci-fi films that were absolutely brilliant.

The Matrix was damn awesome, though. Not the best film ever, but how is it bad to use many special effects?

If Star Wars hadn't come out, you would not be seeing half the things that exist today - they INVENTED most of the effects they used - these were then built upon by other people. Appreciate the draft because without it there is no final copy is my point about Star Wars, and they did it a damn site better than anyone else did before them (and better than pretty much everyone who tried to copy them).

The Matrix was a plotless pile of dog turd with special effects in every scene to make up for the fact that you could replace the entire cast with PLANKS with faces painted on them to get better acting (would be true in Star Wars if not for Alec Guinness and Harrison Ford - but I digress).

Blade Runner looks brilliant (at most times, some of it is the shits) because it is
1. Made 5 years later than Star Wars.
2. Directed by Ridley Scott.

Alien has few to no real special effects in it, it's just really well made.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

OOH, IT'S SOME LITTLE CUTE DOGGIES! WITH NO PLOT AT ALL YAY!

afafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafa

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I always thought Grease was pretty overrated. It's good if you like cheesy, poppy musicals, but otherwise I really don't see what's so great about it.

I agree with that.

Another film that really gets on my nerves is Dirty Dancing, it's my mum's favourite film, but if i have to listen to Hungry Eyes, one more time i'll shoot myself.

redpanda

Any High School Musical movie(I really don't like them, my sister made me watch the first one with her and wasted a couple hours of my life) and The Dark Knight(It was good but not that good. Batman's voice made me want earplugs...)

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
If Star Wars hadn't come out, you would not be seeing half the things that exist today - they INVENTED most of the effects they used - these were then built upon by other people. Appreciate the draft because without it there is no final copy is my point about Star Wars, and they did it a damn site better than anyone else did before them (and better than pretty much everyone who tried to copy them).

The Matrix was a plotless pile of dog turd with special effects in every scene to make up for the fact that you could replace the entire cast with PLANKS with faces painted on them to get better acting (would be true in Star Wars if not for Alec Guinness and Harrison Ford - but I digress).

Blade Runner looks brilliant (at most times, some of it is the shits) because it is
1. Made 5 years later than Star Wars.
2. Directed by Ridley Scott.

Alien has few to no real special effects in it, it's just really well made.
I think that, for some, Star Wars is a classic, but for me, it just looks old. I mean, it brought a lot of new stuff to the table, but that doesn't mean I'm going to like it anymore. You could say the same about Alien, Blade Runner, or even The Matrix, the only difference is that I like those movies. It boils down to opinion, and classic as it may be, I just don't like Stars Wars.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Any High School Musical movie(I really don't like them, my sister made me watch the first one with her and wasted a couple hours of my life) and The Dark Knight(It was good but not that good. Batman's voice made me want earplugs...)

I hate Highschool Musical, my nephew wanted me to watch the first 2, but i draw the line at the 3rd.

There's only so much a guy can take.

I usually like Disney, but these were horrible.

The Tail

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

OOH, IT'S SOME LITTLE CUTE DOGGIES! WITH NO PLOT AT ALL YAY!

afafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafafa

Exactly 0_o and I was watching this commercial and they said that the dogs are treated better than the actors (okay......) besides, I think that even a 6 year old can figure out those dogs aren't the ones talking.

Back on topic......anyone remember the time The Spongebob Squarepants Movie was heavily overrated?

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
There are people that think Family Guy is an adult T.V. show.

The title of 'Adult Swim' is misleading to cause horny teenagers to believe they are mature by making sexually oriented and racial jokes. And by watching their crappy tv spot.

mewfan1

I really enjoy the High School Musical movies, but I do think that they are a bit overrated. Don't think that I am trying to flame this movies, cause I'm not. I really enjoy them, I just think people get way to excited bout them.

Laser Shuckle

this. dark night of course was overrated because it had so much hype but it was still a good movie.

and napoleon dynamite. i really don't get why people think it's funny...

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I really enjoy the High School Musical movies, but I do think that they are a bit overrated. Don't think that I am trying to flame this movies, cause I'm not. I really enjoy them, I just think people get way to excited bout them.

I really enjoy the High School Musical movies, but I do think that they are a bit overrated.

I really enjoy the High School Musical movies

GrizzlyB. Get my gun.

(OT)

Another overrated movie for me is Spirited Away. It's a good movie with a nice plot, but it's overrated. It's definatley not the best anime movie I've seen.

ForeverFlame

Twilight. The movie isn't even out yet, but it's been getting a whole bunch of hype from those rabid preteen girls who obviously do not have a grasp on what REAL LIFE is. In real life, nobody is perfect. In Twilight Fantasy Land, OMGGG EDWARDDDD U R GOD!!!1!!

I can't wait until that movie flops at the box office and they cancel New Moon. They'll give it a "The Golden Compass" treatment, and forget that it's a part of a SERIES. After all, who would go see Twilight? Families won't take their children to see a movie about... gasp... satanic beings! We're all too conservative for that, obviously. And it serves Summit right for replace The Half-Blood Prince with that Mary-Sue Self-Insertion Crap.

Movie adaptions are usually worse than the original book, right? I wonder what happens when they make a movie adaption of a book that was already bad in the first place? =O