• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overrated Movies

Rave

Banned
Twilight is overrated?

Josiah

is your favorite
The remake of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
I love Depp, and I still hated that movie to death after I saw it.
I liked it a lot more, and I think if you read the book you'd see how it was a lot closer than the first one.

Cobalt_Latios

Twilight is overrated?
The book, or the movie? Or both? I'm not sure...

Heck, this could all be sarcasm and I fell for it...

...crud.

~C_L~

Rave

Banned
The book, or the movie? Or both? I'm not sure...

Heck, this could all be sarcasm and I fell for it...

...crud.

~C_L~

Its OK, I still love you.

jaxonferz

i agree i love the book, but Eragon the movie sucked horibly! i was sooooo disapointing
i'l probably get hunted down but: TWILIGHT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! No offence to anyone who liked it but it waas the most boring, stupid movie i have ever seen. there was truley no good part of it. i wanted to sleep the whole time.

Napoleon Dynamite
I saw it, and it was incredibly stupid, pointless, annoying, and dull. I didn't get it, and I didn't get why so many people thought it was funny. Honestly, the characters all seemed to have mental disabilities. I don't find humor in that. And all the damned "Vote for Pedro" t-shirts that people wore...oy oy oy.

Last edited:

superjesus1

Eragon. I love the books, and have read all of them so far. The movie was terrible. And it was my birthday movie! I felt cheated, but we still had great food watching it.

Oh my God i forgot how sucky that movie was! The book was immense though. The film had huge gaping plot holes in it like the fact that (for those who've read the book) Angela was in the village where they're ambushed by urgals. When i saw it I was like Whaaaa?!?!?! This didn't happen here, this village was deserted! And she was played by Joss Stone of all people - she has sucky music XD

Jash Thor

Bringer of Lombax
"Crash" is a terribly overrated film. I'm still flabbergasted it won the "Best Picture" Oscar over "Brokeback Mountain" (yes, I am comfortable enough in my manhood to admit that "Brokeback Mountain" is a good movie). Despite some terrific acting (even if the character development was unbelievable), the entire movie felt trite, contrived, and downright insulting.

The film's ultimate message (which I'm guessing was not intended) is that every single person is a pig-headed fascist, and if you think you're not then you're just fooling yourself. It's an exaggerated version of a racially charged society, yet there is no contrast within the film. It's leaves you believing LA is really a bastion of ignorance and fear, and that every resident acts and thinks based on their racist perceptions of others. It's utterly ridiculous.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
"Crash" is a terribly overrated film. I'm still flabbergasted it won the "Best Picture" Oscar over "Brokeback Mountain" (yes, I am comfortable enough in my manhood to admit that "Brokeback Mountain" is a good movie). Despite some terrific acting (even if the character development was unbelievable), the entire movie felt trite, contrived, and downright insulting.

The film's ultimate message (which I'm guessing was not intended) is that every single person is a pig-headed fascist, and if you think you're not then you're just fooling yourself. It's an exaggerated version of a racially charged society, yet there is no contrast within the film. It's leaves you believing LA is really a bastion of ignorance and fear, and that every resident acts and thinks based on their racist perceptions of others. It's utterly ridiculous.

THANK YOU! Crash was a terrible movie. It was useless as a piece of anti racist filmmaking. Stuff like American History X serves that purpose much better
And anyone who was expecting Eragon to be good, take a 2nd look at the abysmal quality of the books. Christopher Paloni makes Stephanie Meyers look like a tolerable writer

loleragon. I couldn't even read the second damn book. too long and boring. And... :0 I think that an inconvieient truth was over rated.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Noooo its not!
Twilight is the best !!!!

These are the reason's that it's overrated.

I want to say Superbad, because the only good parts involved McLovin and the cops, and those were blown out of proportion. It was a decent movie though.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Noooo its not!
Twilight is the best !!!!

My choice of overated movie:
Star Wars
Ps. I love you

Overrated isn't always bad. I like Metallica, but they're overrated. As far as Twilight being "good" or "bad," I will reserve judgment for now.

The Dark Knight was definitely overrated. As were Eragon, Crash, Fight Club, the Spider-Man movies (I still love the comics, though). I fear that Watchmen will be overrated and overhyped, failing to live up to the awesome that was its source.

Actually, I could go on for years about overrated films. But I won't. I'll just seem like I hate entertainment... which probably wouldn't be too far from the truth.