• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overrated Pokemon

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm not sure i agree with that mysef

But i agree with most of your list excluding Talonflame and Excadrill

On itself, Greninja is really just sub-par and Delphox-mediocre.
And Chesnaught I don't even know what that does other than Spiky Shield.

I see either Talonflame or Excadrill on basically every single Team I face and they are rarely threats. Also Excadrill was overrated due to past Uber, but that was understandable because Sand, but now it lost that it seriously dipped and doesn't deserve most of the hype I see of it.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't think Hydreigon is overrated, either. o_O I don't see that much love for him, especially since he got nerfed in 6th gen.

Also, I'd say Chesnaught would be the best of the Kalos starters if Greninja didn't have Protean.

Ketaru

Oh, now you make me not want to use Infernape...

Tonguetyd

That one Pokemon with 3 heads that evolves at Level 68, are people REALLY that desperate to grind THAT much?

Level 64. And it doesn't take much effort to get something to 64. Heck, my Pokemon were level 70 when I beat X and Y.

I think the following are overrated:

Eevee gets way too much love despite just being a gimmick made to illustrate different evolution methods.

Lucario isn't half bad, but with its Mega Evo being banned, it's nowadays rather mediocre.

phanpycross

God-king
So much typhlosion.

I will give it, that it has an amazing design, but its stats are the exact same as charizard, which is just lazy.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
It might also be because I feel like people only like Greninja because he's a ninja, and I find ninja in general to be overrated (the old "people only like them because of Naruto" excuse and all that). Plus, he's not even the first ninja Pokemon (poor Accelgor is forgotten).

You forgot Ninjask as well...

I'm not gonna say Charizard is one of the most overrated pokemon because everyone has said it but on my list of most overrated pokemon are..

Rotom-W: I know he's good and all but you cant get into a battle 8/10 times without running into those things...

Landorus T: Stealth Rocks. U-Turn repeat... I'm just tired of seeing them...

Talonflame: Although I don't see people using him as much, the reason why I picked him because everyone wanted Talonflame for Gale Wings

Nodame

Misty <3
- Dragons! Good thing we've got those cute little fairies to take care of them now.
- Oh God, Charizard. I mean, it gets two mega stones for crying out loud. Blastoise and Venusaur only get one.

Last edited:

Gampi

ガンピ
Since nobody's bought it up yet, Goomy.

Yes, it's cute. But it pretty much ruined an excellent opportunity to introduce the first non-Dragon pseudo-legend since Tyranitar, there was so much potential for a Fairy/Steel type line. I know that isn't a good reason to think something's overrated, but still.

Last edited:
Since nobody's bought it up yet, Goomy.

Yes, it's cute. But it pretty much ruined an excellent opportunity to introduce the first non-Dragon pseudo-legend since Tyranitar, there was so much potential for a Fairy/Steel type line. I know that isn't a good reason to think something's overrated, but still.

The only potential Goomy brought was possibly Dragon/Poison. Fairy steel makes absolutely no sense for him.

Speaking of which, Goodra is terribly overrrated. Have fun dying to any physical attack. Your "godly" special defense doesnt help out there, nor does your mediocre at best special attack. And its a booger.

Gampi

ガンピ
The only potential Goomy brought was possibly Dragon/Poison. Fairy steel makes absolutely no sense for him.

Speaking of which, Goodra is terribly overrrated. Have fun dying to any physical attack. Your "godly" special defense doesnt help out there, nor does your mediocre at best special attack. And its a booger.

I wasn't referring to Goomy when I said "Fairy/Steel".

Nodame

Misty <3
Add Blaziken, Greninja, Aegislash and Taloonflame to my list. My god, these guys are everywhere.

Note: Just because I think it's overrated does not mean I think it is a bad Pokemon. I admit that some of my favourite Pokemon are overrated lol

Last edited:

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Charizard, for hopefully obvious reasons. I especially dislike MegaCharX since I can't see it as anything than fanservice and a marketing ploy. It's part Dragon (people have been screaming "Why isn't it Dragon?!?!" for year) and black (why else do people love shiny Charizard?) and it's been shoved down out throats by GameFreak/Nintendo by it being the only Mega in Origins and Red's main Pokemon, the Mega that received the most screen time in the trailer for that new anime special as well as being upfront for the poster/artwork I seen for it and now it's in Super Smash Bros. I almost feel sorry for MegaZardY since it seems like the only people who know it exists are competitive players.

I will admit that Eevee and the Eeveelutions are overrated/overexposed, but I think it's more that people just think they're really cute which I don't mind, rather than people ignorantly saying that Charizard is the best Pokemon ever when that just simply isn't true. It's design isn't even all that creative. I mean it's just a dragon, really.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I have a few.

Charizard: For reasons practically everyone has already mentioned. Plus, the amount of favouritism this one gets is very noticeable.
Greninja: Everyone worships this thing as if it's the best Pokémon ever. Being a ninja doesn't automatically make you awesome. And just like Charizard, favouritism everywhere (Looking at you, Protean and Smash Bros)
Lucario: It has been shoved down our throats ever since its introduction. I don't want to see Lucario every five minutes.
Mewtwo: It really isn't the coolest thing everyone makes it out to be.
Eevee+Evolutions: See Lucario. Plus, adding more and more evolutions to it feels really stale these days.
Talonflame: Gale Wings. Nuff said. Rock types stop this thing cold.

There's more but I can't think right now. May update later. Remember, overrated does NOT mean bad!

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate

How is a base 110 Special Attack mediocre,I wonder?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Poison makes zero sense for it, as it's based upon snails, snail slime, and a mythological snail-esque dragon from mid-western Europe, none of which remotely have to do with Poison.

"Have fun dying to any physical attack"?
Literally the same can be said about Blissey, Mandibuzz inversively, etc.
You logic is severely flawed.

110 Sp. Attack is not mediocre, if it was, a large amoutn of offensive Pokémon must be mediocre to you.

Orithan

Poison makes zero sense for it, as it's based upon snails, snail slime, and a mythological snail-esque dragon from mid-western Europe, none of which remotely have to do with Poison.

"Have fun dying to any physical attack"?
Literally the same can be said about Blissey, Mandibuzz inversively, etc.
You logic is severely flawed.

110 Sp. Attack is not mediocre, if it was, a large amoutn of offensive Pokémon must be mediocre to you.

I couldn't say this more. It is one of the best Special tanks in the game and, unlike Blissey, it is good at deterring physical attackers that don't rely on Earthquake thanks to Gooey lowering the Speed of any pokemon who hit it with direct contact moves. It also has a very wide and diverse offensive movepool to hit back with, having access to good Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Fighting, Poison and Dragon coverage.

Last edited: