• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overrated Pokemon

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Mega zard X, its appeared in the specials yet they haven't even touched on the topic of Mega zard Y

Tonguetyd

Sadly, people do often choose Pikachu over Raichu because of that stupid light ball, but other than that Pikachu isn't used much.

That's actually something I can't understand, seeing as Raichu actually has a chance to set up, considering it can take a weak hit and live.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
A few pokemon such as Rotom-W, Landorus, and Deoxys I find overrated...Mostly because I see them too many times in battle

alexterri

Eevee and any of its evolutions.

Ask anybody what is their favourite Normal, Fire, Water, Electric, Dark, Psychic, Ice, Grass or Fairy type. Count how many people answer with any of the following: Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon, Leafeon or Sylveon.

The Eeveelutions, while a nice way of introducing new evolution gimmicks, are usually laughably weak and outclassed, and the fanbase goes crazy of them. I'm convinced they're more overhyped than Charizard, and most of the people who dislike the 'zard for being overhyped usually like the Eeveelutions. It's a vicious cycle.

Then how come you have Sylveon as your avatar, and it's in your signature?

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I think Mewtwo is overrated, people call it and it's Mega Y evolution OP and yet I've always found them to be rather easy to beat.

He's just a glass cannon if anything.

I think Mewtwo is overrated, people call it and it's Mega Y evolution OP and yet I've always found them to be rather easy to beat.

He's just a glass cannon if anything.

Tell me how 106 / 90 / 90 bulk is bad. That's better than Swampert, for reference. MMY is a bit physically frail, but it's now even better than Heatran specially defensively. Mega Mewtwo X is the better of the two anyway, and is actually bulkier than things like Celebi and Jirachi.

Mewtwo is not a glass cannon, and quite frankly it's freaking awesome.

As for overrated Pokemon, I feel like Aegislash must be mentioned. It's incredible competitively and is a staple of many of my teams, but it and its preevolutions don't have much personality to them.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Mewtwo Y is a glass cannon, even a fully ev trained one can fall to a Samurott's megahorn after surviving a psystrike

The Kanto starters (and their evolutions) and Pikachu.

I don't absolutely hate these Pokemon, though. I mean, for example, I had Pikachu/Raichu on both X and Y teams. The reason they can be overrated at times is because they seem to be the only Pokemon on any Pokemon shirts I've seen sold in various places.

There's other Pokemon that can be used on T-shirts than these four, folks!

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
The Kanto starters (and their evolutions) and Pikachu.

I don't absolutely hate these Pokemon, though. I mean, for example, I had Pikachu/Raichu on both X and Y teams. The reason they can be overrated at times is because they seem to be the only Pokemon on any Pokemon shirts I've seen sold in various places.

There's other Pokemon that can be used on T-shirts than these four, folks!

I too am sick of seeing Pikachu being on too many Pokémon merchandises. But I love its evolution though.

As for the Kanto starters, yeah, they're so darn overrated as well.

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Yeah, I can also agree that the Kanto starters are overrated (I mentioned Charizard before). They're all protected by thick layers of nostalgia and I really don't get what's so appealing about them.

Got a few more:

Blaziken: Again, like Charizard and Greninja, tons and tons of favouritism. The only thing it doesn't have is a black shiny colour, but just like those two, gets far more than the other two of its generation.
Aegislash: I honestly don't get what's so appealing about a possessed sword.
Garchomp: It's everywhere. Literally everywhere.

Creeper

om nom nom
Blaziken.

that is all.

dew i was going to say you were a liar but samurott can take a psystrike and ohko back (43.3% of the time) It's still not a glass cannon though, you're using a 120 base super effective attack.

if we're just using stab

252+ Atk Samurott Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 160-190 (45.3 - 53.8%) -- 43% chance to 2HKO

base 70 def is okay, not great but far from glass cannon

Silvijo

Yeah, I can also agree that the Kanto starters are overrated (I mentioned Charizard before). They're all protected by thick layers of nostalgia and I really don't get what's so appealing about them.

Got a few more:

Blaziken: Again, like Charizard and Greninja, tons and tons of favouritism. The only thing it doesn't have is a black shiny colour, but just like those two, gets far more than the other two of its generation.
Aegislash: I honestly don't get what's so appealing about a possessed sword.
Garchomp: It's everywhere. Literally everywhere.

Froslass for those nasty Garchomps, buddy.
Anyways, I fully agree with your post. Do people even have some creativity nowadays? Must be kind of boring using the same Pokemon every time.

Pikachu is the most overrated thing of all time. Yes it is cute, yes it is the pokemon mascot, I understand that. But it is VERY rare (took me an hour to get in Y) and when you DO get it, it isn't even very strong. Pichu is pathetic, and Raichu is kinda Meh. Aint so cute once its been PWND over like 100 times. Moar like rage inducing. Release it right now. Better than having a redundant yellow rat in your party/box.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Froslass for those nasty Garchomps, buddy.
Anyways, I fully agree with your post. Do people even have some creativity nowadays? Must be kind of boring using the same Pokemon every time.

Unless you're dealing with Scarfed Chomp

I always find Terrakion overrated mainly because on how many times I see that bloody bull.

Rotom-W is on my list of overrated pokemon. As much as I like him to an extent, he's been used so many times its not even funny...some cases its annoying

Charizard
Lucario

Pilpulp

美的
How is Zoroark overrated?

I've never heard of anyone giving it glowing reviews and it isn't used by a lot of people.

In the same way as like Lucario in terms of it basically had its own movie. It's not overrated as in good, just special or something.