• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overrated/Underrated Pokemon In You're Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

collapse

Banned
Well for me i think Camerupt http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/323.gif is underrated, he never get's he's due, he has an amazing move pool and is hella strong Despite his weak type combination and yet from what i've seen people just see him as an above average Pokemon. For overrated Pokemon one word- AERO****INGDACTYL i have him in multiple games and he sucks [he's shitty move pool dosan't help either] i think people just like him cos Lance had one

Last edited:

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Sceptile for underrated. It has incredible speed, and a pretty good movepool to boot.

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
Whimsicot is underrated now. It never gets used

pseudoman

Underrated: Blastoise

I feel blastoise is a lot bulkier than people realize. He can do a lot of things including being an anti lead with fake out and rapid spin to being purely defensive with counter and mirror coat.

Numel: bring him a couple of baton pass boosts and the opponent is done. Ive swept even water pokemon with this thing.

Overrated: Umbreon

I hate this thing so much... most pokemon that can do its job do it much better. Not to mention its attack stats suck, its not overly good at walling either. Id much rather run vaporeon or suicune.

Gardevoir: Apparently im not running into any good gardevoir trainers, ive never had any real trouble dealing with it. Was never really overwhelming, you can still ko past reflect or light screen, mostly the same thing over and over again. W-o-w looks nice on it though.

Glaceon: Not really feeling it, i mean having one of the most powerful ice beams in the game is nice and all, but i feel its stats are too awkwardly arranged for its full potential. That being said, a choice scarf can fix its speed, but youre still locked into one move.

collapse

Banned
also speaking of overrated,crobat!, he's good but not as ''speshol'' as some make him out to be [also a lot of people have him in rate my team sections so he counts as overrated to me] for underrated cradily, he's in my opnion the strongest non legendery grass pokemon and yet you don't see him getting praise or being featured in many rate my team sections [probably cos he's so hard to get]

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Archeops is underrated. People complain about Defeatist, but that's not much of a problem in-game. My Archeops is the star of my team. It can OHKO nearly everything now.

also speaking of overrated,crobat!, he's good but not as ''speshol'' as some make him out to be [also a lot of people have him in rate my team sections so he counts as overrated to me] for underrated cradily, he's in my opnion the strongest non legendery grass pokemon and yet you don't see him getting praise or being featured in many rate my team sections [probably cos he's so hard to get]

First of all, I'm pretty sure the RMT sections are for competitive pokemon.

Crobat: I used one in-game and it was amazing. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Cradily: It's really not that strong. In fact, it's pretty terrible all around. Offensive stats of 81 each isn't anything to be proud of. Amazing special defense in sandstorm, though. I just love its design. And it's really not that hard to get; soft reset in front of the fossil guy in Twist Mountain.

Last edited:

Larry

Porygon- Z - Modest with Adaptability and Choice Specs is just plain mean. Twice I've had a 1 v 3 clutch with this thing and it's Tri Attack.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Porygon- Z - Modest with Adaptability and Choice Specs is just plain mean. Twice I've had a 1 v 3 clutch with this thing and it's Tri Attack.

I'm training a Porygon on my team in Platinum. It's going to be a total beast when it evolves.

collapse

Banned
Archeops is underrated. People complain about Defeatist, but that's not much of a problem in-game. My Archeops is the star of my team. It can OHKO nearly everything now.

First of all, I'm pretty sure the RMT sections are for competitive pokemon.

Crobat: I used one in-game and it was amazing. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Cradily: It's really not that strong. In fact, it's pretty terrible all around. Offensive stats of 81 each isn't anything to be proud of. Amazing special defense in sandstorm, though. I just love its design. And it's really not that hard to get; soft reset in front of the fossil guy in Twist Mountain.

yer but cradily's move pool/defense can make him an excellent annoyer [i remember steven's gave me a lot of trouble] btw i have a crobat in emerald and crystal and it's good but once again not amazing. also i think pokemon with cool designs [umbreon, scyther, raichu etc.] tend to be overrated.

Last edited:
The most overrated(IMO) is Charizard. What sweeping potential does he have? Sure Solar Power is usable, but with that speed? As if.

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
Lucario is disgusting overrated. Speed is blah at best and people boast that it resists a lot. It has NO defensive stats! It's gonna die in one hit anyway!

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I think Crobat is underrated.
I know it's weak defensively but it's got decent attack and killer speed
Great with U-turn

Last edited:

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
OU=overrated, UU and below=Underrated

/thread.

Also, this has been done so many times before. I think this would be better suited for poke polls.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Lucario is disgusting overrated. Speed is blah at best and people boast that it resists a lot. It has NO defensive stats! It's gonna die in one hit anyway!

I agree, I've tried it on several teams. never lasted long.

PsychicPsycho

I don't battle competitively, but I hear a lot of people talk about Torterra sucking, which surprises me. I've used it on two playthroughs and it's performed great both times.
OU=overrated, UU and below=Underrated

/thread.
Huh? Did you read the first post?
I think this would be better suited for poke polls.
I don't know, I think it could harbor an opinionated discussion.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I don't battle competitively, but I hear a lot of people talk about Torterra sucking, which surprises me. I've used it on two playthroughs and it's performed great both times.

I used a crappy natured Sentret as my main for my recent playthrough of SoulSilver, and it worked great. It's really inaccurate to rate a Pokemon's potential based on how it works in game (Battle Tower excluded).

collapse

Banned
people say linoone sucks cos he's so easy to get but with the right move set he can be pretty dangerous btw SAY NO TO POKE HM SLAVERY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.