• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overrated/Underrated Pokemon In You're Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudoman

Overrated:
- nearly all Eeveelutions (especially Umbreon, which sucks at everything it tries to do)

Yay, someone agrees with me.

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
Overrated:
Hydreigon with Draco Meteor. I've met several of these guys in random wi-fi battles, and nearly all of them started out with using Draco Meteor, and none of them held the White Herb (I think I've only met 1 that didn't do so). They're dragons, and they have great special attack, but they can't OHKO everything with Draco Meteor.

Underrated:
Archeops. I'd really like to experiment with a double or triple-battle team showcasing Archeops and a good defensive skill-swapper. Should be interesting.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I think Dragon types are overrated. Yeah they're resilient, but Dragon is only super effective on Dragon. Kinda the same with Ghost but it's also super on Psychic.

Underated: At the moment, Raikou. I made a team around a 4 special attack Raikou, it's doing ok right now. Needs more testing but eh :/ There aren't too many OU Electric types, except Rotom-W, Jolteon, and Magnezone.

Saints 5

Arcanine is overrated, for sure. There are better fire types out there, and I don't just mean the ones with dual typing - I mean the pure fire types.
Rapidash is underrated, yet it's one of my favorite Pokémon. Its fast and it barely has a move pool good in enough to survive
I think Dragon types are overrated. Yeah they're resilient, but Dragon is only super effective on Dragon.
Except for Altaria, the forgotten defensive dragon type.
The only other underrated Pokémon that I can think of is Fearow, and is an overrated Pokémon, I can't think of any that hasn't posted.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Overrated: People've already mentioned Dragon types, and I know I'm gonna get a bit of hate for this, but I think Salamence is overrated. It's got good stats, but it's so....generic. No special moves, nothing to make it stick out besides being a dragon. Also, its wings look like Pringles.

Underrated:

Liepard. With a high speed, thunder wave, and hell, sand attack, night slash, and fake out...it can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.