• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Overwatch Discussion

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Everyone watch this. Then tell me cosmetics don't affect anything.

Doesn't change anything and I asked you once already to drop the subject. It's not bringing anything to the discussion of Overwatch itself and is putting a sour mood in the thread. If you want to cry about optional purchasable content that has no effect in-game, go somewhere else.
I agree that the post-release heroes have been really good. Most of my favorites are those that came out after the game was released. I think their kits and storylines are more interesting than the base-game heroes, honestly. I don't play a lot of Brigitte but that's just because I haven't been maining support lately.

What makes you say that Orisa was the worst? I thought she was so cute and lovable when they released her! She was unexpected for sure, everyone at the time thought Doomfist was going to be added then, but I was happily surprised it ended up being her instead (though I do remember a lot of people theorizing that an anchor tank was going to be added, but I felt like the majority were all about Doomfist being added)

What do you think of Hammond! I was really thrown off by the hamster thing at first and still kind of think it's dumb, but I love his kit and what he's going to bring to the game. I'm so glad that he can allow the meta to shift in what I think is a really good way for this game.
Same here. Sombra is easily my favorite hero bc she had the best reveal and hype up. Too bad she's just subpar in everything she does.(Damnit Blizzard, just give her reasonable buffs!)

Orisa was a curveball, which isn't bad per se, but she was underwhelming and felt like she just had her abilities ripped from other heroes + she didn't have much of a personality until they started to add in voice lines and interactions with other heroes.

I LOVE Hammond! I seriously thought he'd be a Chimpanzee or a Monkey based on the teasers and HLC hosting Gorillas and such, but WOW I was shocked to find out he's a Hamster. At first I was like "What?! That's stupid!" But now I can't help but love the little fella, I can't wait for his cosmetics to drop on PTR, I'm hoping the artists got creative and gave him a Disco Ball mech suit for one skin :p I hope he causes a meta shift, and I think he will, he'll probably cause Triple Tank Dive to be meta, which will be very fresh and new for the game.

Manchee

extra toasty
Everyone watch this. Then tell me cosmetics don't affect anything.

Doesn't change anything and I asked you once already to drop the subject. It's not bringing anything to the discussion of Overwatch itself and is putting a sour mood in the thread. If you want to cry about optional purchasable content that has no effect in-game, go somewhere else.

What Erron said, plus if people playing the game have a gambling problem, that's not the fault of Blizzard, who are giving everyone a chance to get some fun cosmetics. I can recognize that they're squeezing more money out, sure, but I can also recognize when I should not buy more loot boxes since the cosmetics don't add any effects in-game. They also are just that- cosmetics. (also, I got through maybe a minute of that video and couldn't bring myself to watch a toxic gamer with nothing better to do rant for 17 minutes about microtransactions, so my apologies if my comments are different than what you might be expecting :p)

Same here. Sombra is easily my favorite hero bc she had the best reveal and hype up. Too bad she's just subpar in everything she does.(Damnit Blizzard, just give her reasonable buffs!)

I heard a lot of people saying that her PTR changes (infinite stealth and translocator) are nerfs, and I can't say I agree, but I don't play Sombra enough to predict how it will feel once the changes are live. I'm not a big PTR player so I haven't tried them yet, but my biggest gripe is just the decrease in movement speed while in stealth mode.

Orisa was a curveball, which isn't bad per se, but she was underwhelming and felt like she just had her abilities ripped from other heroes + she didn't have much of a personality until they started to add in voice lines and interactions with other heroes.

Oh, okay! I see what you mean. I'm a bit nervous that Hammond will be similar since it's his mech that talks and not him- how will they do interesting/lore-building dialogue between characters?

I LOVE Hammond! I seriously thought he'd be a Chimpanzee or a Monkey based on the teasers and HLC hosting Gorillas and such, but WOW I was shocked to find out he's a Hamster. At first I was like "What?! That's stupid!" But now I can't help but love the little fella, I can't wait for his cosmetics to drop on PTR, I'm hoping the artists got creative and gave him a Disco Ball mech suit for one skin :p I hope he causes a meta shift, and I think he will, he'll probably cause Triple Tank Dive to be meta, which will be very fresh and new for the game.

Hahaha I really hope he has some fun skins and voice lines, the developers can be really fun with his character and I'm excited for that. I almost want to get on PTR and try him out, but I know that it'll be soon enough before he's live and played all the time anyway.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I heard a lot of people saying that her PTR changes (infinite stealth and translocator) are nerfs, and I can't say I agree, but I don't play Sombra enough to predict how it will feel once the changes are live. I'm not a big PTR player so I haven't tried them yet, but my biggest gripe is just the decrease in movement speed while in stealth mode.

Oh, okay! I see what you mean. I'm a bit nervous that Hammond will be similar since it's his mech that talks and not him- how will they do interesting/lore-building dialogue between characters?

Hahaha I really hope he has some fun skins and voice lines, the developers can be really fun with his character and I'm excited for that. I almost want to get on PTR and try him out, but I know that it'll be soon enough before he's live and played all the time anyway.

IMO her PTR changes, even after the recent buffs, are still nerfs overall. Sombra's issues didn't lie in her stealth abilities, infiltrating the backline wasn't much of an issue, the 75% speed bonus while invisible for 5 seconds was enough for just about every Sombra to get where they wanted before decloaking, and most of the time you'll decloak before the timer runs out considering this is a fast-paced game. The new stealth just overall feels slower, and while it lasting forever is nice, it doesn't make a positive impact on the gameplay of good Sombra players. The new Translocator is really clunky too. Allowing the enemies to destroy it was an overall nerf in general, it's ironic because the disruption hero is most easily disrupted now.

The good things that came from this were the ability to cancel TLC and interrupt reload with Hack. Her problems are really in her reliability, consistency, and damage output compared to other DPS heroes.

What they should've done with Invis imo was reduce the delay between entering and exiting,(0.7 is too long imo) AND add a damage threshold to Invis. It can be cancelled currently by >1 damage, which is terrible.

Then they should've reverted the cast speed for Hack back to pre-buff. So, 0.8 second cast time + leniency and less LoS restrictions. Then have it cancel Brigitte's passive, Inspire, and add a damage threshold to it, because similarly to Invis, it can currently be canceled and put on a 2 sec CD(which should also be removed) by >1 damage.

Finally a buff to her passive that would allow her to deal extra damage to targets with >50% health, just to give her extra damage and a better overall average damage dealt to hopefully put her in line with other DPS heroes.

---

Same here, but they've been doing better with their recent heroes. Moira, Doomfist, and Brigitte were all well done with great personalities. From Hammond's current voice lines, he seems really mischievous and silly. His unreleased victory poses have him mocking other tanks by mimicking their poses. He has D.Va's bubble gum victory pose,(Where he lays on his mech doing the peace sign while blowing a bubble of gum) and Orisa/Rein's 'Confident' poses. His current voice lines are stuff like "Get Wrecked" when killing an enemy with Minefield(I believe) and when he uses Piledriver he'll sometimes say "Clearing the Area" like Reaper's friendly Ult voice line. So he so far seems like a cute, silly, and mischievous hero. Which is amazing imo.

---

I'm hoping he does too! So far he seems to like to mock other characters, so I'd love to see some stuff like that. I also desperately want to see an interaction with him and D.Va where D.Va says something to him along the lines of bragging about her mech and he repeats what she says in a whole 'mocking' tone. I also think we'll see a Junker skin for him, in his Origin Story in the Scrapyard where the Junker Queen is giving him his 'crown' his mech looks very junker-inspired like one of D.Va's Junker skins. I'm hoping his other two legendary skins are cute or silly. I really want a Disco Ball mech!!!

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hey everyone. I'm a huge Overwatch fan. I'm a tank main, and D.Va is my favorite! Just found this non-Pokemon section of the forums and thought I'd check it out. Never realized there would be others talking about one of my current favorite games.

I don't know anything about Sombra, so I don't have a dog in this fight. I've heard people praising the changes and I've heard people claiming that the changes are the worst thing ever. Y'all DPS mains can discuss that.

However, can I just say how much I love Hammond so far? He's so fun to play. I love rolling around, swinging across the map, and everything else about his mechanics so far. I just wish I could play him in more QP matches than No Limits. It just doesn't feel as real to play when there are 12 of the little fella running around. I like practicing the new characters in a QP setting. His backstory is cheesy as all get out, but I can live with it. I mean, he's from the same vein of story as the talking gorilla. Yeah...

And I'll agree with the people online that say the buildup to his release wasn't great. With the developers removing the Junkerqueen's voice lines, I was certain it would be her. They even did some deliberate camera work with her poster in the background of the Hammond teasers. It just felt like lazy writing when they flat out told us his backstory in a video too. Jeff just stood there and presented us with exposition that (I think) every other character had revealed over time. Plus, they could have added in so many little easter eggs prior to adding him. Like, maybe placing his mech somewhere in the Junkertown map, or giving more hints on Horizon (because there are already some, but they didn't hit the live game until very recently). I don't know, just my thoughts. And yeah, I know I'm a few weeks behind on news, but, again, I just discovered this section of the forums. So, you'll have to forgive me.

Manchee

extra toasty
I'm hoping he does too! So far he seems to like to mock other characters, so I'd love to see some stuff like that. I also desperately want to see an interaction with him and D.Va where D.Va says something to him along the lines of bragging about her mech and he repeats what she says in a whole 'mocking' tone. I also think we'll see a Junker skin for him, in his Origin Story in the Scrapyard where the Junker Queen is giving him his 'crown' his mech looks very junker-inspired like one of D.Va's Junker skins. I'm hoping his other two legendary skins are cute or silly. I really want a Disco Ball mech!!!

I love his cosmetics! He's a really cheeky character overall, and I appreciate that a lot from Blizzard. They did a good job with this one, and I really hope his addition can get tanks to be a better class overall.

ps, I liked reading your comments on changes to Sombra! The more I'm paying attention to her now that she's received these changes, I agree that she needs some more changes to make her better. It's weird that they have let her down so much, because she had such huge buildup to release and she is an incredibly cool character!

Hey everyone. I'm a huge Overwatch fan. I'm a tank main, and D.Va is my favorite! Just found this non-Pokemon section of the forums and thought I'd check it out. Never realized there would be others talking about one of my current favorite games.

Ooo, tank main! I feel like I don't see many of those. How do you feel about the current state of tanks in the game?

Also, has everyone seen the recent PTR changes?? There have been so many! I'm really excited to see what comes next because it feels like they're finally trying to put out some good balancing. Not sure if I think the Hanzo changes are enough, I still think he does way too much damage up close. I'd honestly like to see him have to reload, but I know they'll never do that to him. What I wish would happen instead is making his arrows do less damage up close, because I think that defeats his whole purpose of being a sniper - I've never heard of a sniper that is better up close (you can't do what he does with Widow, and I think that's one of the worst things about him). I'd also like to see Zen get a second harmony orb to throw out because compared to the other supports, he needs a little more in terms of healing his team.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yeah I've seen the new PTR changes. They're really crazy! They changed the meta with a single hero and they're changing it again with a TON of balance changes.

I'm hoping that it's going to be drastic, I'm tired of the deathball/GravDragons/double sniper meta...

Manchee

extra toasty
I'm hoping that it's going to be drastic, I'm tired of the deathball/GravDragons/double sniper meta...

Oh my god, I know! I can't stand how prevalent it is. Thankfully, with Hammond being live now, I see double sniper dying quickly. I'm glad that Zarya is popular, but I don't like the other heroes that come along with it. Also, I wish people would learn how to counter her INSTEAD of charging her power so much. No one seems to understand how to not hit her while she or a teammate are bubbled, lol.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Oh my god, I know! I can't stand how prevalent it is. Thankfully, with Hammond being live now, I see double sniper dying quickly. I'm glad that Zarya is popular, but I don't like the other heroes that come along with it. Also, I wish people would learn how to counter her INSTEAD of charging her power so much. No one seems to understand how to not hit her while she or a teammate are bubbled, lol.
A lot of people are finding Hammond to be quite underwhelming actually. Hopefully if he is so underwhelming when he releases in comp, then they give him reasonable buffs. One thing I've noticed is his ammo count is just so low and he needs to reload very frequently. I think an increase to 100 ammo would be reasonable.

I get so many people that pick Junkrat and just spam and power Zarya up. It's awful. Doesn't help that I hate Graviton Surge so much, so I can't wait for her to fall into irrelevancy.(Sorry haha)

Also as someone who is maining Mei this season, nothing is worse than freezing an enemy and just as you're about to kill them, they get bubbled by Zarya.

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ooo, tank main! I feel like I don't see many of those. How do you feel about the current state of tanks in the game?

Rein is broken, my poor baby. I really hope they fix him soon like they promised. D.va is in a good spot. Those two are my favorites to play, and I feel like everyone else is in a good spot as far as their abilities go. Winston and Orisa are kinda out of the meta now, which is unfortunate because I like Orisia. I used to be really salty that Blizzard hadn't given us a new tank in a while, but that's been solved, obviously. Hammond...omg, he is so fun to play! I'm so glad that he went live recently. I have been having a blast playing him. I get a lot of toxic people saying that I'm bandwagoning, but I ignore them because Hammond is some of the most fun I've had in a while with the game.

As far as PTR changes go, I'm kinda happy with what they're doing to supports. Mercy really doesn't need another nerf, however. But the rest of the buffs are nice. I think Blizzard needs to stop focusing on dragging Mercy down and instead think about how to bring the other healers up. Which they did minus nerfing Mercy again.

A lot of people are finding Hammond to be quite underwhelming actually. Hopefully if he is so underwhelming when he releases in comp, then they give him reasonable buffs. One thing I've noticed is his ammo count is just so low and he needs to reload very frequently. I think an increase to 100 ammo would be reasonable.

I agree with the ammo count comment. I feel like that's my only issue with him so far. I roll/swing into a battle, put my shields up, and start shooting...then run out of ammo extremely quickly. Even like 50 or 100 more would be nice. Nothing crazy.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty
Don't know if anyone's interested in this bit of news but looks like LEGO will be releasing sets and figures based off Overwatch.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1031873600452796417?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1031873600452796417&ref_url=https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamescom-2018-new-teaser-for-overwatch-lego-sets/1100-6461320/

My bet is they'll release official info at BlizzCon and release them in 2019.

I think these are going to be super cute!

So, I'm incredibly over snipers in this game. I've probably said it before, but it only seems to be getting worse. And I'm seeing it across skill levels, not just where I am. It seems especially bad with Hanzo, and I see him getting headshots left and right that should not count at all. I feel like Blizzard is afraid to nerf any OP damage heroes that they have and it's getting under my skin.