• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OVGD's Top 100 Games of all Time

Ampy

Light The Stars
Personally I believe that OOT should be first on the list for Zelda games, I don't really have a strong argument for it, but I really think it had the hugest impact on the series... as cliche as it is :p So my vote goes OOT > WW > ALttP (MM > LA > OoA = OoS)

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Personally I believe that OOT should be first on the list for Zelda games, I don't really have a strong argument for it, but I really think it had the hugest impact on the series... as cliche as it is :p So my vote goes OOT > WW > ALttP (MM > LA > OoA = OoS)

I appreciate the input but voting is kind of the opposite of what we should be doing at this point, at least I believe. If the rest of the list is decided on votes then when the list is finished you just know there's going to be someone out there who will say:

"Oh well if it's just based of votes it's just a popularity contest! This list is garbage!"

What I think should happen at this point is we get into discussing. If you could make some strong points on how it had such a large impact on the series and why it deserves to be recognized as better than the other Zelda games then I think we could get a real good discussion going here.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
What I think should happen at this point is we get into discussing. If you could make some strong points on how it had such a large impact on the series and why it deserves to be recognized as better than the other Zelda games then I think we could get a real good discussion going here.

Do you think it would be easier if we had a separate thread solely on these discussions?

Donesparce

Professional Loser
I haven't played a ton of the games on the list, but I'll give my opinions on Zelda. Ocarina of Time was extremely revolutionary. It took the series from 2D to 3D in a flawless manner and made one of the most expansive games of the time. And it's aged pretty well, the gameplay is still enjoyable today. There are many ways to play it, any playing style is supported. However, after playing them both, I think WW takes everything good about OoT and makes it better. The sidequests are fun, there's a ton to explore, the story's good... It proved that 3D Zelda was here to stay and could stay fresh.

My only problems with WW are how tedious the Nintendo Gallery is (which is optional) and that the dungeons are, compared to the other 3D games, pretty weak.

Both games have great gameplay with so much to do and lovable characters and are easily among the best games I've ever played. I'm nominating both of them to be high up on the list, with WW a bit higher than OoT.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Hmm how about a new rule? Any game added or taken out have 1 week to hear a counter argument. If not then the game is added or taken away from the list. I want some games to disappear from the list already as 200 something games is too much to look at in one sitting.

Also CC#06 can you number the games in order? I hate seeing duplicate numbers. While some games have the same points but just put them in some order. It would make things a lot easier imo.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Since we're moving Pokemon Stadium from the list let's remove Pokemon XD as well. Colosseum and XD were just stripped down versions of the Stadium Games with a poorly strung together story tacked onto it. Local Multiplayer really killed in in an era where Online Gaming was making its emergence. I don't think it offered enough to be considered revolutionary.

They were not the 3D Pokemon Adventures that people have been hoping for.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Might as well.

1. Minecraft (if specified 1.2.5)
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Pokemon Emerald
4. Call of Duty MW3
5. GTA San Andreas
6. Saints Row 2
7. Socom 4
8. GTA 4
9. Just Cause 2
10. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
11. Midnight Club LA
12. Pokemon Conquest
13. Rainbow Six Vegas 2
14. Socom Confrontation
15. Call of Duty BLOPS
16. NHL 10
17. NHL 12
18. Nascar 07
19. Nascar 09
20. Midnight Club DUB Edition
21. Lego Battles
22. Super Scibblenauts 2
23. Crash Nitro Kart
24. Mario Kart
25. New Super Mario Bros

Sohryu

Be a Man!
25? Aren't that too much? I haven't played so many good games ¬¬
1: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D/ 3DS
2: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/ N64
3: Super Mario World/ SNES
4: Super Mario RPG/ SNES
5: Pokemon Crystal/ GBC
6: Pokemon Emerald/ GBA
7: Final Fantasy VII/ SNES
8: Final Fantasy Tactics/ PS1
9: Ar Tonelico 2; Melody Of Metafalica/ PS2
10: Ar Tonelico; Melody of Elemia/ PS2
11: The World Ends With You/ DS
12: Guilty Gear XX2/ PS2
13: Guilty Gear 2: Overture/ XBOX360
14: King of Fighters 2002/ PS2
15: Kid Icarus: Uprising/ 3DS
16: Terranigma/ SNES
17: Sonic the Hedgehog 2/ GEN
18: Sonic Unleashed/ PS2 (Don't judge me, i only like it due to it's soundtrack)
19: Chrono Trigger/ SNES/DS
20: Okami/ Wii
21: Advance Wars : Black Hole Rising/ GBA
22: Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2010: Over the Nexus

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Uh, guys, read the entire first post please.

Me said:
After the default list is prepared, that's when people can start debating on which games should be ranked higher/lower. It would be best if people debate on such games one at a time to not cause confusion. At the end of the discussion the person with the strongest argument will have their choice impact the list. This part may need some tweaking.

The default list is already completed.

Bumping the thread. :) Anyways I agree that the Pokemon adventure games released for the GC should be removed. Colosseum and XD didn't add much if anything to the pokemon franchise.

I agree with this. Not much of a comparison between the "core" Pokemon games and the Gamecube ones.

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
I personally believe Team Fortress 2 should be ever so slightly higher. Valve have created a constant stream of updates and are one of the few video game companies that treat their fans with respect. It's free to play now, for goodness sake!

One of the greatest shooters of all time, it has crazy replayability. Like collecting things like you do in Pokemon? Look at these hundreds of new exciting weapons and of course; HATS.

Loads of gamemodes with more being added every few months.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Sorry 'bout that >.>

I think that Pokemon Gold / Silver are ranked pretty high. The games wern't that good imo. The graphics , gameplay etc. was pretty bad imo.

Abstinence Pistols

Sorry 'bout that >.>

I think that Pokemon Gold / Silver are ranked pretty high. The games wern't that good imo. The graphics , gameplay etc. was pretty bad imo.

What?

The graphics on a game put on a handheld console released over a decade ago don't hold up to the graphics of modern gaming systems?

Imagine that.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
What?

The graphics on a game put on a handheld console released over a decade ago don't hold up to the graphics of modern gaming systems?

Imagine that.

They don't?

AGGG, that means I can never play any old games ever again. Goddamnit