1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pace - The Final Frontier! (466)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Decisive Match! VS Regice!

After Charizard's loss to Dusclops, Ash is faced with being at a disadvantage in his rematch with Brandon. With only Pikachu, Squirtle & Bulbasaur left, he has to face Brandon's Ninjask & Solrock. However after they have been subdued, Brandon reveals his trump card...the legendary Golem Regice. Will Ash manage to defeat Regice or will he suffer his 3rd loss against Brandon?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. weeman342

weeman342 Well-Known Member

I dont think he'll loose since theres only like 3 eps left..its gunna be close though..

3. The Benmeister

The Benmeister Master of Magnet

For the sake of Serebii not having to do it, these threads are for people who have already seen the episode.

4. Absol_utely

Absol_utely Cool Trainer

Thank Blissey Ash won! 'Bout time too, Brandon smells... where'd u watch it Benmeister? I guess Leeds!

5. sCiZoR_2006

sCiZoR_2006 Cascade Trainer

We see a return of Bulbasaur's Leech Seed (which it used against both Dusclops and Solrock). After Charizard was beat by Dusclops, Bulbasaur mashed it up with a Solarbeam to the face.

Ash showed his innovative thinking when Squirtle went up against Ninjask. Brandon commanded Ninjask to whip some dust into Squirtle's eyes. Ash had Squirtle use Hydro Pump to drench itself (and dissolve the sand out its eyes), fainting Ninjask with a Skull Bash.

Brandon's Solrock had a nice entourage of psychic attacks (Psybeam/Confusion), finally knocking Squirtle out with Solarbeam. Ash summoned Bulbasaur again, but both it and Solrock knocked each other out with their clashing Solarbeams.

Regice VS Pikachu was an interesting battle to see. One would think that a Focus Punch from a Legendary Pokemon would knock out (or severly damage) any Pikachu, but we all know better.

This has to be the first time we've ever seen Pikachu use Iron Tail twice in one attack (that was impressive). Pikachu's final dash using Volt Tackle was real tight to watch, as it ran through and broke blocks of ice to pieces. The sheer force of the attack knocked Regice back into the wall, and it was all over.

6. Blazing Charmander

Blazing Charmander Well-Known Member

Wow. It sounds like it was one pretty physical battle from both sides. Ash's strategies certainly sound interesting and it's nice to hear that Pikachu had a tough ride (Regice is a legendary after all, so it wouldn't be practical to have a battle, to that degree rushed). I can't wait to see how that double Iron Tail move was executed.

It will be interesting to see the scenes away from the battle, ie: Hall of Fame, Frontier Symbol scene. It certainly sounds like an episode to remember.

7. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

It seems like an interesting battle, (I have yet to see the episode) though it seems like Ash got spared, if the three Regis had been used at once, he might not have won. Do you think Dusclops, Solrock, and Ninjask are on equal level with Brandon's Regi's or not?

8. Serebii

9. The Benmeister

Is it, by any chance, that May and Max are in the background as Bulbasaur is facing Arbok despite the fact that they obviously wouldn't have even existed at the time?

10. Or that Ash is wearing his Advanced Gear and in a closed Stadium fighting a Meganium, when he fought Jackson's one it was open arena and he was wearing Johto gear.

11. ~Battle Frontier~

~Battle Frontier~ <-- Wolf Whistle

I know one error in the flashback

-In the flashback, it shows Ash and his Hoenn outfit. It also shows that he is fighting a Meganium using Bulbasaur. But Ash never battled a Meganium in Hoenn and Bulbasaur only battled Team Rocket when Bulbasaur was transported to Hoenn, and Team Rocket doesn't even have a Meganium
    Edit: Beaten :(

12. Serebii

Theres more :p

13. ~Battle Frontier~

~Battle Frontier~ <-- Wolf Whistle

I know! In the other scene, it shows Ash's Bulbasaur battling Arbok ( and May in the side of the image ) but when Ash's Bulbasaur was transported to Hoenn, Jessie did NOT have Arbok, instead, she had a Seviper. You can tell this image is from the Hoenn saga cause May's in it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  14. Since from pictures you can't see every pic of the scene, i'll have to watch the episode somewhere to spot every single error.

15. The Benmeister

Likewise, but I'm assuming it has something to do with Pikachu using Volt Tackle on something it has fought prior to it actually learning Volt Tackle.

16. Genos

Genos Star Allies

Gonna take a looooooooooooooong time to bring it on US.

17. John's Knight

John's Knight Well-Known Member

Seen the pictures... Awesome fight.
    I can't remember of any more flashback errors... =/

Simply loved this ep, can't wait for the dubbed version :O

18. Lord wackruntlje

Lord wackruntlje Speed up, n00b!

Now no one can say that Ash is a n00b. He has beaten Brandon, one of, if not the strongest, trainer in Kanto.
    Noteworthy things:
    *Ash seems to overuse Leech seed during the battle, and thank goodness it's not like in the Indigo leuge were it took a Beedril out with just one of this over-power full attack in the Anime.
    *Almighty Psychic rock Solrock enter the stage, and goes flashy with all it's psychic attacks. Come on, it has already had a big battle with Tate&Liza vs. Ash. And it goes back to the start of the series, where nothing could hit Psychic becuase they just send the attacks back.
    *TR digging? AGAIN? They have done it already during almost all of Ash biggest battles since Hoen, yet this time it was a little batter when they meet some real guards. Though I would really wanted to see them in the battle rather than just blasting of TR...
    *Does the writers know any other ice attack than Ice beam? Just that and Focus Punch, big movepool for a legendary...
    *LOTS of faulty flashbacks, these new animators has propably never seen a pokemon episode before.

Overall, a big disapointment. In my opinon

19. Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16 Well-Known Member

So did Ash turn down the chance of being a battle head or is the offer still habging for anytime in the future?

20. Serebii

He declined it