• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pace - The Final Frontier! (466)

Kabuto

little punks!
Its true I fully agree, not only was the battle of Pikachu and Regice flawed but there are other problems. Looking back on the episode, it was worse then I thought at first.

Ash has been training with his Battle Frontier team all this time and ends up winning with starters he hasn't used in years. If Sceptile and Torkoal were mixed into the battle along with ashs original team, it would be good because it'd be a mix like the other facilities. But all of ashs original pokemon get all the credit for the win. Luckily they didn't beat the Regis or it would've humiliated ashs bf team even more. At the same time, why the hell didn't Brandon use the other two regis. If ash had faced the three regis instead of dusclops, ninjask and solrock with his original team, I DOUBT he'd win. Bulbasaur and Squirtle won their matches fairly though so that was a plus (except like gravy said ash dove in to save bulbasaur). Pikachu versus Regice was the cop out. As I mentioned earlier, Regice didn't use lock on hence why ice beam kept on missing. The only hits Regice seemed to use on pikachu was freezing it, trapping it (which it escaped easily), and hitting it with ice punch. The other move was rest (which turned out pointless in the end), since pikachus double iron tail and volt tackle knocked it out after it fully recovered. Regice is known for its massive hp and sp defense and even after two consecutive super effective iron tails and a volt tackle, it should still be able to put up a fight. Regirock got up coutless times after Sceptile used leaf blade. Also in DP pikachu is bound to lose to something weaker, likely a baby pokemon so this causes another problem. Well thats it for my rant, carry on.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Regice is known for its massive hp and sp defense and even after two consecutive super effective iron tails and a volt tackle, it should still be able to put up a fight. Regirock got up coutless times after Sceptile used leaf blade.

usually, I'd say special defense means squat because the anime never seems to follow the rules about Pokemon stats, but for once, I thought the anime was actually showcasing this with the way it sustained Pikachu's Thunderbolt so well (Volt Tackle's more of a physical attack, so I would let that slide if not for the Rest). Those consecutive Iron Tails were cool, though.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Kabuto you may want to go look at the pics again or find a way to watch the episode cause if my memory serves me right, Regirock never fell over at all when fighting Sceptile it was only forced to it's knees. Seriously i don't think i'm ever going to grasp the concept of how Pikachu won with one blow afer Regice used Rest, it does not make sense.

Last edited:

diablohuman

ELITE BEAT AGENTS!!!
I've just seen the episode (finally!) I thought the Pikachu and Regice battle was flawed but still very enjoyable. I reakon Regice should of used curse instead of rest to make it more believable.

GonbeTR

Banned
Even if everyone thinks that the reurn of Kanto starters tkaes unfairly the role and good effort of his Ag taem, I am glad to see the original trio because I love nostalgia. I think watching again the old starters is enjoying. For instance, I have missed Bulbasaur's "leech seed". Charizard's loss at the previous episode shows the importance of strategy, so they don't always make Kanto starters overpowered.

In my opinon, the match is one of the best of the Battle Frontier. It could be better if it were 6vs6. I think attacks and the action of the episode are excellent too. I like think these 2 episodes of Pyramid battle are awesome.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
My summary is here...only two weeks late! 8D

-Blah blah blah RECAP blah blah.
-The Saur is up against The Clops. The Clops Shadow Punches The Saur. The Saur is pushed back a lot but it simply scowls and gives off its best "YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT *****!" face. The Saur attempts to get revenge with a Razor Leaf, but The Clops uses Detect like a sissy little coward. And...oh****! The Saur is at the recieving end of a Confuse Ray! But...OUR ***** AIN'T TAKING THAT! It snaps out of it in 1/1,000,000th of the time it took The Zard to, and sends out a Vine Whip of JUSTICE! The Clops stops the Vine Whip by Shadow Punching The Saur, resulting in a Saur flying off the battlefield, but...it gets back into Badass Mode in midair and lands safely. And...The Clops gets a Leech Seed! The Clops sends out (Will o Wisp?), and
The Saur counters with Razor Leaf. Oddly enough, the leaves don't catch on fire but rather cause the Blue Fireball Thing to explode, shocking both The Clops and The Saur(apparently they haven't learned that everything explodes yet). Then...here comes the OUlar-beam...I mean, Solar Beam! But The Clops ain't taking that, and it stops The Saur dead in its tracks with a Confuse Ray.
-The Saur doesn't use the Power of the Badass to break out of its confusion this time, so it just stands there, wobbling...still gathering light for Solarbeam...and eventually firing the beam in an upward direction...exploding against something and blasting off TR...
-Dusclops takes this opportunity to fire off a Will-o-Wisp(since I still don't know if that's something else) at The Saur. The Saur takes the hit, and gets back up(on its hind legs. It must have been practicing that, I swear), and...It's confused, but it's a confused BADASS now! Ash orders a Vine Whip, and Bulbasaur complies, and...
-BULBASAUR has hurt itself in its confusion!
-Another Blue Fireball heads Bulbsaur's way, which almost hurls it against a wall, but...Ash ain't allowing that! He acts as an organic cushion to its blow, although The Saur is still being a masochist after all this.
-It's flashback time! The scenes for today are:Bulbasaur VS Exceggutor, with a KOed Pika in the background, The Saur kicking a Meganium's ***, and The Saur VS a Zangoose...er, okay...,and an Arbok...while Max and May are watching...er...well, all these (mostly fake) memories were enough to snap The Saur out of it. Horrah!
-OU Beam starts charging up again, The Clops tries to stop it with a Generic Blue Fireball, but The Saur dodges and finally knocks The Clops out with the beam. Scott mentions something about Seed Damage shortly after this, probably commenting on either Leech Seed's effects or male reproductive damage.
-Mr. Ineed A. Hug sends out Ninjask(note for the unaware:Its voice rocks.), and Ash recalls The Saur so that he can send out...Generic Blue Turtle! Ninjask speeds at GBT with a Quick Attack, but GBT deflects it with...Rapid Spin! And then...
-OH **** SANDSTORM!
-GBT is knocked onto its back(while spinning a few times, which I find amusing for some reason), and Ninjask takes advantege of GBT's helplessness to get a Double(...triple...quadruple...quintuple...) Team going. But GBT uses the time honored "attack all the clones in a row, thus destroying the fakes and revealing the real one which never took the chance to attack or even move" techinique to utilize a continous Water Gun to attack all the clones in a row, thus destroying the fakes and revealing the real one which never took the chance to attack or even move.
-GBT Water Guns the Real One(breaking the continous Water Gun from before for some reason), but The Real 'Jask dodges with ease and Quick Attacks the GBT, knocking it into the air, where it...uses Hydro Pump! Ninjask counters with a Sandstorm, and...the two meet producing sparks(?!?!?!) and then an explosion(everything expl...ah, forget it.)!
-Oak says something(possibly about the blatent defial of chemical laws?).
-The Jask Sand Attacks GBT, rendering GBT blind. Sorry Ash, but no amount of inaccurate flashbacks can cure a purely physical affliction.
-Jask takes the opportunity to use Not-So-Quick Attack, and Ash uses the obligatory strategy when combating a foe your Pokemon can't see...listening! This allows GBT to hear the buzzing of Ninjask's wings(presumably not heard otherwise to avoid insane viewers), dodge the Not-So-Quick Attack, and Hydro Pump its ***. But The Jask dodges and comes in for another NSQ Attack, and...the water from the Hydro Pump falls onto GBT and washes the sand out of its eyes(apparently its skin is very water-permiable, since some sand undoubtedly got into areas the water shouldn't be able to reach)! Nurse Joy eagerly writes something down about that in her notebook.
-Bam! Skull Bash! (on a somewhat amusing note, I heard the "ROKETTO"(of Rocket whatever the other word is of the attack's JP name) and immediately expected it to be followed by a "-DAN!")
-Well, The Jask is a great attacker but it can't take a hit worth beans, and it's down and out!
-Jindai brings out his next punching bag Pokemon...Solrock! Ash doesn't recall his Pokemon this time, and has GBT get thigns off to a fast start with a Hydro Pump(it's the new Water Gun!).
-Solrock counters this with...Psywave, I think...
-GBT immediately goes into a Skull Bash, but is stopped short by a Psychic, and is thrown against the wall with said Psychic shortly thereafter. Solrock uses Shadow Bal...AHAHAHA! Sorry, its voice is TOO amusing...l, but GBT spins out of the way with Hydro Pump(one trick pony alert!), and keeps flying towards Solrock while changing to a Rapid Spin(which is only different from Hydro Pump in that it requires no water).
-Jindai orders an OU Beam, shocking Ash("OMG ur pkman cant use the same moves as mine?!"), which conveniently starts charging as the Rapid Spinning Turtle hits a wall and falls onto its back again. We're then treated to a still shot of the MOMENT OF IMPACT(saves on animation costs and all).
-And the turtle's DOWN!
-Underground, TR's building an oddly familiar tunnel(seriously, it looks just like the one from the Symphonic Medly opening), but sadly there are no random Pokemon to randomly run at them here.
-Ash sends The Saur back out, and is immediately assulted by a PSYCHO WAVE! ...er, Psywave. But admit it, Psycho Wave's cooler. The Saur dodges the oddly beam-like wave and fires off a Razor Leaf(it was either that or Vine Whip. Yep). But the leaves are stopped short by a Psychic(this pattern's looking familiar...), and sent back to bruise The Saur before they magically disappear(apparently Razor Leaves aren't normal matter? Or they sublime REALLY fast?).
-The Saur goes in for a Vine Whip(it was either that or Razor Leaf. Yep). But the vines and The Saur are stopped short by a Psychic(this pattern's looking familiar...), and are thrown towards a wall. But The Saur is a badass, and it lands on and jumps off of the wall no worse for the wear. Solrock launches a Generic Dark Ball and The Saur dodges with ease and then proceeds to Leech Seed the 'Rock.
-The next Psycho Wave(cooler than Psywave I tells ya!) hits The Saur, pushing it back a fair deal while it keeps trying to mantain its most important thing:being badass.
-The Saur uses Solarbeam, and I think you all know what HAS to happen because of that so I won't say it. (hint:Solrock has the same attack)
-This clashing of the beams results in both Pokes being KOed at the same time. Der Gasp!
-TR finally reaches a room, but...REGIROCK AND REGISTEEL ARE THERE. Ohsnap! TR wind up being the targets of a Lock On, and despite them running like hell back into the tunnel, they're blasted off. And...hey wait a minute, they didn't say "yana kanji!" BLASPHEMY!
-The next match is Pikachu VS Regice(how unforseen!). The Chu uses T-bolt, but...what happen? NICHTS, THAT'S WHAT! The Ice uses Icy Wind(?), chilling everyone in its general direction. Even Scott and Chansey, despite their layers of blubber.
-Pikachu goes in for an Iron Tail, but The Ice forces it to dodge an Ice Beam, which...FREEZES HALF OF THE BATTLE FIELD. Ash is screwed...is what I would say if AG wasn't going to end soon and this is Ash's THIRD match against Jindai.
-Pikachu goes in for a Quick Attack, but The Ice brings that ol' Ice Beam into play again and freezes the other half of the battle field. Well, damn. Better not aim that thing where it could hit the bleachers now, eh?
-Instead of having The Ice use its ice powers to freeze its opponents or at least make it a pain to get around, Jindai instead orders a Dynamicpunch, which The Chu tries to dodge, but...nobody taught IT how to move around on ice! The Chu tries a T-bolt instead, which seems to paralyze The Ice(and makes it make some cool robot sounds!). Pikachu then uses more of its Move In Midair For No Good Reason powers to Iron Tail The Ice, which fights back with another Ice Beam, which Pikachu dodges(can the thing move well on ice or not?! MAKE UP YER MINDS!), but...MORE of the building freezes over(you'd think the audience would be running for their lives about now, along with the referree) and trapping The Chu between some ice blocks!
-The Ice takes this opportunity to...sleep. LAZY BUM.
-Pikachu somehow breaks out of the ice by making its tail all glowy and irony, and runs towards The Ice, but...The Ice wakes up and uses Ice Beam for a direct hit!
-The Chu is now frozen and would be dead within minutes due to hypothermia or at least lack of oxygen if this wasn't an anime.
-Time for the flashbacks(ASH, INACCURATE FLASHBACKS ONLY WORK AGAINST NON-PHYSICAL THINGS), which all involve Pikachu zapping the crap out of something aside from the first one where Pikachu's helping Ash up a cliff for some reason.
-Ash orders a T-bolt, but NOTHING HAPPENS. The ref starts to declare KAAAAA-sama the winner, but...The Chu starts to spark?
-Pikachu breaks free with a Thunderbolt! Said bolt hits The Ice as Battle Frontier begins to play, but The Ice isn't taking that and Dynamic Punches The Chu, resulting in an amusing pinball-like series of bounces. The Chu strikes back with two consecutive Iron Tails, the second one actually chipping some of the ice off of Regice. The Ice uses Ice Beam again and The Chu dodges(Ash's voice is oddly high right here. Perhaps he's been yelling a tad too much?); The Chu gets trapped between ice blocks again; The Ice dozes off again; The Chu breaks free with Iron Tail again and races at The Ice with a Volt Tackle, and...it's a hit! And The Ice is down!
-Ash is ecstatic at FINALLY beating the man who really only needed a hug, so much in fact that he jumps VERY high into the air, as does Pikachu(magically teleported to the other side of the battlefield again).
-Ash finally gets his Symbol, and Jindai finally gets a hug...wait, the only part of that that happened was the Symbol part, Jindai's still hugless. :(
-Later, Ash gets a plaque to hold his symbols(and that says other crap we'll never be able to read 'cuz IT'S IN TAIJIRIN 8D), and...Ash turns down the Brain position! Since it'd be kind of wrong to hold one when he has no bra*carted away in a mysterious Ash-decorated van*.
-The Pyramid flies away(THAT must be an interesting sight for passerbys), Jindai hopefully getting a hug from the referee at least, Ash parts from his three glory stealers Kanto Starters(Charizard barely says goodbye before flying off! Hah!), and it's finally over with.
-I miss Jindai already.

Irene

Rather bizarre
*wipes tears away after reading Juputoru's summary"

I need a hug too, now :C

squirtleking

Defender of Justice
AWRIGHT! TAKE THAT, BRENDAN! You just got pwned by a bunch of midget pokemon!

Once again, Bulbasaur shows us why it is the mon by bringing down Solrock and that accursed Dusclops, Squirtle gets a few brief uber moments in one of the best matches in the BF, this is shaping up to be a great match, so long as Regice requires a team effort-

Enter Solrock.

The cheap b*stard pulls a Solarbeam out of nowhere to beat Squirtle before nearly bringing down Bulbasaur-

BUT OUR ***** AIN'T GOING OUT LIKE THAT!

Insert one "solarbeam duel" here, knocking both pokemon senseless. Oh no, that means...

Glory to the French rat.

Now that Bulbasaur and Squirtle have dealt with the lv70+ pokemon, Pikachu picks a fight with the lv5 Regice, which just happens to burst out of the ball when Brandon was OBVIOUSLY planning to release a lv80 Golem or something similar. Grr.

In short, go Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Curses to the Evil Rat of Inexplicable Uberness.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
GOD, I absolutely despise Pikachu. For once, I want to see Regice freeze Pikachu with Liquid Nitrogen, then use Superpower, laugh in his face and say "What the **** man? Did you REALLY think you could win against a pokemon like me? Screw it!"

>_> But NO, Pikachu has to be the big hero.

Pokemon Pikachu has beaten that are WAY to strong for a volt mouse:
-Milotic (Juan + Lucy)
-Solrock + Lunatone (Liza + Tate)
-Freaking Slaking (Norman)
-Regice (Brandon)

I mean, the list goes ON AND ON!

squirtleking

Defender of Justice
I know - don't forget:

Geodude (Brock/Roxanne)
Onix (Brock)
Raichu (Surge)
Rhydon (Blaine)
Miltank (Whitney)
Piloswine (Pryce)
Nosepass (Roxanne)
Wattson's entire team
Metagross (Tyson)

There's just no stopping the Evil Rat of Inexplicable Uberness.

Then again, it did get beaten by a MEOWTH for goodness sake!

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
GOD, I absolutely despise Pikachu. For once, I want to see Regice freeze Pikachu with Liquid Nitrogen, then use Superpower, laugh in his face and say "What the **** man? Did you REALLY think you could win against a pokemon like me? Screw it!"

>_> But NO, Pikachu has to be the big hero.

Pokemon Pikachu has beaten that are WAY to strong for a volt mouse:
-Milotic (Juan + Lucy)
-Solrock + Lunatone (Liza + Tate)
-Freaking Slaking (Norman)
-Regice (Brandon)

I mean, the list goes ON AND ON!
I thought Grovyle beat Slaking? No offense, of course.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Oh...Right. Yep, with Overgrow. Sorry, but he still has some pretty lame comebacks...such as "Aim for the Horn" Rhydon!

chaos_Ep3

I don't know if this was pointed out already, but another error in the flashbacks is the fact that we see ash in the advance clothes while remembering his battle against Lt. Surge. (Or at least I think that scene is).
Also, what attacks used Regice after the Ice coffin? He used what punch: dynamic, ice or focus. And what attack was the one when Regice started to glow in circles?