• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pace - The Final Frontier! (466)

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
This was a wonderful episode, and a great comeback for Ash. Bulbasaur beats Dusclops thanks to the aid of Leech Seed. It gets Solrock this way too. Squirtle gets its fair share of battling with Ninjask and wins. With Bulbasaur and Squirtle down for the count, it's up to Pikachu to beat the powerful Regice. I have something to say about its "urbishness":

1. Pikachu's disire to win and its spirit were strongest when landing down Volt Tackle thus providing extra strangh.

2. Regice slapped into the wall hard giving way all the energy it recovered with rest.

3. ...not to mention how hard it hit the ground resulting in its defeat...

For those asking, Regice used Ice Punch, Ice Beam, Icy Wind (I think, or was it Blizzard?), and Rest.

I know this one's going to be great dubbed, except for more animation errors. As far as I know, Regice keeps its original voice. I wonder if Solrock will. Maybe, but then again, maybe not.

Knight_Ram

Awesome! I cant wait until I see this episode! its going to be so pro! The one battle i have been waiting for, for? Um, ever since I heard of it! Yay! Hope its as good as it looks from the pictures! :D

Leona

YOU JELLY?
i badly wanna see it :( but i have to wait until tonight to download it

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was really awesome. The battle between Bulbasaur and Dusclops was awesome. The battle between Squirtle and Ninjask was pretty good. It was also kind of cool to see Squirtle use Hydro Pump to clean its eyes from the Sand Attack. The battle with Solrock was cool, although it was kind of weird that Solrock sounded like a Noctowl. It was funny when TR got blasted off by Regirock and Registeel. It was cool to see Regice since the Lucario movie and I must say that Regice sounds A LOT cooler than the one in the movie. The battle between Pikachu and Regice was amazing.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
When pikachu was frozened, it sounded like Ash said "Thunder Pulse" but he really said thunder bolt. Other than that, it was a great episode!

RandomCharizard

Oh god what a horrible episode.
And the animation didnt even help.
Except for the Squirtle battle, every battle had something to do with the pokemon is in trouble either confused or trapped and they need to remember all the good ol times they had with Ash. Its also pisses me off how bad the pacing was. 2 episodes? At least a three parter.

...What am I complaining about..this is pokemon. -_-

Rex Kamex

I'm soooooo glad the dubbers kept that piece of Japanese music that played during the beginning of the Bulbasaur VS Dusclops match.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash's Bulbasaur is probably the strongest Bulbasaur on the planet. I thought Bulbasaur Vs. Dusclops was the best battle of the episode, there was some really good strategy there and we saw Bulbasaur use nearly all its moves.

Ninjask Vs. Squirtle was alright, hell, I'm glad Squirtle took down at least one Pokemon. Of course Squirtle never gets to be glorified like Bulbasaur and Charizard do. :rolleyes:

Bulbasaur Vs. Solrock was ok, nothing special. I liked how we saw Regirock and Registeel one last time as they blew TR away.

Pikachu vs. Regice had some problems, but it feels more like nitpicking than anything. Volt Tackle smashed it hard at least.

I like how quickly the departures were, oddly enough. Brandon awards Ash the last symbol, Ash finally conquers the Battle Frontier, and then Brandon and his assitant take off in the Pyramid.

Scott drives Oak and Joy back to where they need to do, along with Bulbasaur to the lab. Charizard flies back to the valley, and Squirtle returns with Jenny to the Squirtle squad.

I also really liked that last group profile shot for some reason, it signals the end of AG quite nicely.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
This episode is making me wonder if it's really pronounced Reg-ice or Regi-ice like it was in the 8th movie.

Anyways great battle. Bulbasaur vs. Dusclops, Squirtle vs. Ninjask, both vs. Solrock (which kept its original voice), and Pikachu vs. Regice (same). Pikachu really hits with one hard volt tackle let me tell you, and Sarah Natochenny was great just like before. Great work.

Zabi

Not really here.
Reg-ice? I thought it was Regi-ice.

Good episode. I am glad they had Duslcops own in this episode. He doesn't get enough attention he deserves, except for that 1 contest. I am glad Squirtle got some attention as well, we don't get to see it as much as Bulbasaur and Charizard. If that Volt Tackle didn't send Regice into the wall, obviously Pikachu would have gotten owned. Only 1 shot to defeat a Legendary is a litle hard to believe, but, it did hit hard.

EDIT: Beaten about Regice, xD

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
As I've said before, Brandon's VA tries way too hard to be serious and nothing but.

I haven't really been discussing the music in the dub lately, because quite frankly, there hasn't been anything worth discussing. However, in this episode, I noticed much more Japanese music being used than usual. Heck, they even kept the Movie 8 piece when Regice battles. They still cut the Movie 8 piece at the end, but overall, it was more than I'm used to hearing for this dub.

I've actually always pronounced it "REJ-ICE". I haven't seen the dub of Movie 8, so i wouldn't know if it was different there. "REJ-EE-ICE" just doesn't suit the spelling in English, even though I believe it's pronounced that way in the Japanese version.
And the animation didnt even help.
The animation wasn't that bad. Granted, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad.
Its also pisses me off how bad the pacing was. 2 episodes? At least a three parter.
Which makes the dub title incredibly ironic.

Although, I believe I said it when this ep first aired in Japan - This probably would have been paced better had the writers not wasted so much time in Part 1.
pokemonelite4leader said:
You americans have nooooo idea how lucky you've got it we have to wait ages for sinnoh saga in uk/eu battle frontier only just started.
Oh, quit whining. At least you have a non-screwy system of measuring units.
This episode is making me wonder if it's really pronounced Reg-ice or Regi-ice like it was in the 8th movie.
I'd trust the PUSA pronunciation, considering how they got Bonsly correct unlike 4Kids. Makes me want another Raikou appearance soon so we can clear that one up also.

EDIT: God, this thing took nearly 2 hours to go through. Damn you, forum lag. Damn you to hell.

Last edited:
Okay...there was something wrong with that ep...when brandon's ninjask does aireal ace, squirtle dodges it, and it wasn' in the middle of dive or something either, ash just yelled DODGE IT SQUIRTLE! and it did...literely impossible. and pikachu can't even learn volt tackle unless you breed with a light ball, and he just got his pikachu from oak, he didn't breed it. Also when pikachu was frozen in a block of ice, and he used T-bolt...pokemon can't use moves when they are frozen solid!!! Even if the move could thaw/break them out...

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Good episode...

1. Ninjask's voice was obvioulsy done by the same VA as Professor Oak's. At times, I thought Professor Oak was shouting "NINJASK!!!"

2. I like the invert effects they did with the animation when Solrock used Confusion. REALLY cool.

3. I like the 8th movie song that they put in during the Pikachu vs. Regice match, but nobody's mentioned that it's actually originally the Regi song from R/S/E when you battle the Regi...

10/10 Only two epidsodes left!!

I don't like that ep. ash shouldn't have won...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Okay...there was something wrong with that ep...when brandon's ninjask does aireal ace, squirtle dodges it, and it wasn' in the middle of dive or something either, ash just yelled DODGE IT SQUIRTLE! and it did...literely impossible. and pikachu can't even learn volt tackle unless you breed with a light ball, and he just got his pikachu from oak, he didn't breed it. Also when pikachu was frozen in a block of ice, and he used T-bolt...pokemon can't use moves when they are frozen solid!!! Even if the move could thaw/break them out...
Game "Logic" =/= Anime Logic

Seriously, that Light Ball/Breed crap doesn't even make sense if you think about it logically.

Well, i think it does, and remember when they were talking about shadow punch, and how it never misses? Well, what about aireal ace? The writers cheat for ash, i tell you, and i hate it.

Dax

Legend
The animation was super crappy and it's sad because it was an important episode. It was good to see old team back in battle with Ash. I never found the battle exciting or epic, it was just a battle.

Max is really annoying me, sure he didn't talk that much but everytime he opens his mouth I want to punch him.

The repetitive strategy of Brandon in the Pikachu/ Regice battle was good but I wanted more of him. He froze Pikachu and used rest like 3 times. I wanted more strategy from him.

Bulbasaur is just awesome. He battles well and he looked scary when he was confused. His attacks really helped Ash and he proved how amazing he is and how much he can handle himself in a battle.

They gave flashbacks of Bulbasaur, Charizard and Pikachu but. no Squirtle? They cheated on me!

It was a good episode, I was expecting more but I enjoyed it a lot.