• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pacifidlog Jam! (393)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I didn't really enjoy this episode as much as part one, mostly because it was back to Jessie cheating like she did with Dustox the first time she used it, and not doing a good battle (even with defeat) like she did in previous contest battles. I was a bit disappointed by that, though it made sense since we hardly ever see Meowth battle, and of course Team Rocket isn't really known for fighting fair anyway. Still, it was a bit disappointing. I can't wait for some of the Battle Frontier contests. One thing I did like about the Meowth/jynx battle was Meowth being freaked out about jynx having a crush on him. LOL :D

I liked Erika better in this episode too after she finally accepted things as they were between Joshua and May. It turned her from being Harley-style unlikeable to being a pretty good character. At least she showed some depth.

Overall, 7/10, the lowest-rated episode in some weeks.

Battra

what an excellent episode the the battles between May' Skitty and Josh's Houndoom and Erika's Jynx were truly amazing. It was really nice to see Erika apologize to May before their battle that was ruly good sportsmanship. I got a laugh out of seeing Meowth change costume into different Pokemon it was certainly interesting plan they came up with, but I'd like to have seen an actual battle between Meowth and Jynx. Well now that May's got her Fifth Ribbon and Ash has all Eight of his Badges it on to the Grand Festival and Hoen League for them I wish them luck in their coming adventures.

Night Avenger

Rust In Peace
The only thing I didn't like is that they made Houndoom (my fave pokemon) loose to Skitty. TO SKITYY!! I mean, they could've used ANY other pokemon but NO! The little pink weak cat has to win over the devilish incredibly cool and powerful hellhound. AND with an Ice attack... I mean, come on!

I thought this contest was the best of all of them. I loved the battle between Skitty and Jynx. And Meowth pretending to know transform was pretty hilarious.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great contest.

I think the battle vs Houndum was the best. great moves and tactics.
The battle vs Jynx wasn't so good. i didn't like it.

7/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Loved the beginning with Ash training his new Snorant on how to control Ice Beam, it was even able to freeze an orange lol. Jessie attempting to battle against Jynx was fun to watch. I can't believe she used Meowth against that big brute. And when Meowth "transformed" into Sunflora, it was just so ridiculous.

Seeing Meowth's tossed leaves get frozen just showed how unprepared Jessie was for the battle. Even worse, seeing Meowth turn into a Wailord with no specific moves of it's own. I was really hoping Jessie would just take the loss, but she had to revea herself. May's Skitty versus that boy's Houndoom was sad though, since Shadow Ball shouldn't work against Normal types, but at least May won this time around.

The final battle was by far the best so far in Hoenn. Seeing Jynx's kiss plow right through Skitty was unbearable to watch. Skitty was so small compared to Jynx. I will praise Skitty's use of Assist though, even using it to use of Bulbasaur's Vine Whip and Combusken's Fire attacks which was great against an Ice type like Jynx. I'm so glad May finally has her last ribbon! 8/10

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was funny to see Snorunt fail again at Ice Beam, freeze the road, then James slipped and crashed into a wall. It was bizarre to see Meowth use his Transformation cheating tricks, interesting how he brought back the Sunflora look. It was funny when Meowth tried to look like a Wailord. The battle between Skitty and Houndoom was cool. The battle between Skitty and Jynx was great. Skitty really hung in there against Jynx to be able to win. I'm glad May won her final ribbon.

80/100

Vernikova

Champion
Assist spam. Tackle being the decisive blow. Fire Spin of all things being effective here. Standard bad contest episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Assist spam. Tackle being the decisive blow. Fire Spin of all things being effective here. Standard bad contest episode.

What on earth are you talking about? Fire Spin is super-effective against an Ice type like Jynx. This was actually a believeable win for Skitty, unlike the first one against Dusclops.

Vernikova

Champion
What on earth are you talking about? Fire Spin is super-effective against an Ice type like Jynx. This was actually a believeable win for Skitty, unlike the first one against Dusclops.

Yeah, Fire Spin overpowering a Hyper Beam from Skitty followed up by a Tackle is truly believable.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, Fire Spin overpowering a Hyper Beam from Skitty followed up by a Tackle is truly believable.

Jynx was engulfed by the flames and finished off with a Tackle. Not only was it a good win, but it also made the most sense as a strategy. There was no way Skitty would ever win otherwise, yet May knew that by reusing Assist she would eventually get to Fire Spin to finish off Jynx with. It was planned from the beginning, hence May saying the attack over and the writers building up suspense, even with Max saying, "She's using the same attack?" and so forth.

Quite a good episode to wrap up the Hoenn contest journey with.

Ah yes, before the English dub took a nosedive and everything went to hell.

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode and had a nice balance of strategy and comedy, coupled with the glorious voice acting skills that I'm honestly shocked to see done so well after watching TPCi's badly dubbed versions of BF, DP, and average BW dub, I miss the older VAs even more. T_T

90/100

Vernikova

Champion
Jynx was engulfed by the flames and finished off with a Tackle.

One Fire Spin. One. This same attack managed to overpower a Hyper Beam from a Pokemon that was supposedly an actual threat in the tournament. It's poor writing.

Not only was it a good win, but it also made the most sense as a strategy. There was no way Skitty would ever win otherwise, yet May knew that by reusing Assist she would eventually get to Fire Spin to finish off Jynx with.

So May knew that one Fire Spin attack would be able to weaken Jynx enough? Even though she had no prior knowledge to Jynx before then? And the Petal Dance from before was so weak that Jynx brushed it off?

It was planned from the beginning, hence May saying the attack over and the writers building up suspense, even with Max saying, "She's using the same attack?" and so forth.

Bad writing can be suspenseful I suppose.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Most pokemon get done with a considerable amount of damage from a supereffective attack. Jynx was in flames and you keep forgetting Jynx is an ice Pokemon. It was total believeable victory because it was planned to survive until Assist got the right move.

Unlike the Dusclops win, which was indeed terrible writing, the writers managed to make Skitty's win here more believeable and justifiable.

Vernikova

Champion
Most pokemon get done with a considerable amount of damage from a supereffective attack. Jynx was in flames and you keep forgetting Jynx is an ice Pokemon. It was total believeable victory because it was planned to survive until Assist got the right move.

Against the Pokemon of trainers who are presented as competent in battling, rarely, if ever, do we see their main Pokemon effectively get one-shot from one super-effective attack. The fact that Skitty was able to do it to a competent Pokemon commanded by a competent trainer is mind-numbing.