• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pacifidlog Jam! (393)

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
To answer your question, ghost attacks affect normal types but normal attacks don't affect ghost types.

V Faction

www.faction.com
XD001emerald said:
way to go for bumping a year old thread -_-
are we allowed to do that in the anime forum only?
Of course you nitwit. These threads are designated to episode discussions no matter how much time as passed.

Poké_Master said:
To answer your question, ghost attacks affect normal types but normal attacks don't affect ghost types.
Only in the anime. And it's really stupid.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I know the writers wanted to demonstrate the randomness of Assist, but I think it was a bit much. I found it odd that Razor Leaf was "Assist"ed 2 or 3 times in this contest (over the 2 episodes).

Despite the fact that I knew Skitty would win (America is having Ribbon Cup Caper this week), it was pretty suspenseful waiting for the end-all move for Skitty to pop out of Assist.

I didn't really enjoy the fact that Houndoom lost (kinda like how Skitty humiliated Dusclops).

K

Krod

Oooh! I loved this contest! The dusclops contest was much cheaper. I can't wait for the grand festival!

To all you living in the u.s. and don't get to see it:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, but this is payback for everything you get before us!:D :D :D

G

Geki

Yay!! May won her last ribbon. I liked the contest battle between Houndoom and Skitty, it was pretty cool. Besides the fact that I never actually saw the episode thanks to kidswb, from the pics and guide I've read, it was a good contest episode.

4/5

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Dammit all to Hell!

The first time Canada gets a Pokemon episode before the US and I sleep in -_-o
Well, besides last summer when KidsWB went into re-runs and YTV went truckin' through, but this was an IMPORTANT episode D:

It looked like an awesome episode from pictures though. Oh god, I CANNOT believe I just said "truckin' through" >.>

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
.Combusken. said:
The first time Canada gets a Pokemon episode before the US and I sleep in -_-o
I take it you weren't around for Johto season 1. Freaking Brazil got episodes before us. >_<

You guys also got the end of Advanced Challenge before us. That's how I saw the Lunatone episode a week or two early during my trip to Vancouver.

Kabuto

little punks!
When this airs next week I shall gouge my eyes out with a lemon as one of my favorite pokemon (Houndoom) is taken out by a Skitty. Glad to see that Skitty getting sent to the gym so we do not have to look at its pathetic face anymore.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a good episode. The TC was pretty cool. The part where James slid and hit the building was also funny. BTW, why is is that Shadow Ball always is able to hit a normal type even though in the games, ghost attacks can't affect normal types?

G

Geki

This was a really great contest, I'm glad that WB decided to air it. Not much that I can say, but I thought Erika was tricking May when she got all lovey dovey after May beat Joshua. Skitty, Jynx, and Houndoom were cool. And OMG, a Transforming Meowth!!

9/10

The Trainer's Choice was really out there for this episode 0_o

I kinda liked the Joshua/Erika concept, but I outright hated Erika. Her voice, her personality, and her design all just annoyed me. Good name, though xD

The animation was....pathetic for this episode, frankly. A lot of animations, particularly Houndoom's Swift, were just copied and pasted. Ironically, though, it seemed as though they put in more effort in animation when it was Jynx they were animating xD Seriously, it was pretty cool looking.

Joshua had a good voice, and a decent design. Good enough for me.

Though I didn't like Erika....at all, I have to say that it's nice to see a person who actually dislikes May(besides Harley, of course). There's nothing wrong with friendly Co-ordinaters, but it gets a bit redundant after a while =/

May's strategy against Jynx irked me a bit. Nothing like the Dusclops episode, of course, but it was still a bit irritating that May got the right move at the right time and right when she needed it.

Anyone else rather like Erika's line of, "Looks like you Assisted the wrong side!"? I dunno, I thought that was rather clever o.o

Overall rating:
8.4 out of 10
Decent final contest, all in all. Could've been worse, and could've been better.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Kabuto

little punks!
May's strategy against Jynx was ok because she expected to get fire spin (even though she got the move at the last second).

What I really hated was skitty beating Houndoom. That was even worse than I thought it would be. All of a sudden a weak Skitty's Blizzard takes out Houndooms powerful flamethrower. Pfft pathetic. Luckily, I decided not to gouge my eyes out with a lemon since the next episode was good.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This is one of my favorite contests, purely for the May/Joshua/Erika thing. At least Skitty didn't KO Houndoom, it just lowered its points.

May's "Leave me out of your problems!" line was awesome.

I liked the way she beat Jynx too, she had to go through Assist several times to get her Fire spin.

Medea

Excalibur
Pretty good episode and once again, Erika got on my nerves (I am very glad I screwed her badly in my upcoming story). But what I am very happy about is seeing Jynx in action since it is one of my favorite pokemon. But for the most part, a good episode.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I really loved this episode so much! It was great to see Jessie and meowth hold out that long in a contest before. Extremely funny! I don't know why almost everyone doesn't like Erika. To me she was better than Harley but the fact that she lost was able to shut her mouth for now. Hopefully she'll learn her lesson about picking fights with people!

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Pretty good episode, I guess. The Erika and her friend there were somewhat boring characters in my opinion, perhaps partly because of their character design, but meh.

The battle was nice, but I just don't like the idea of a little Skitty winning so many Contests easier than it should. Well, at least their not real battles, then it should really lose. Really, though, I think May should have at least one large Pokemon to showcase in Contests. Maybe her Combusken should evolve or something. That would be cool.

Episodes shown out of date like this aren't as interesting as they could be, but nonetheless I'm glad I finally saw this Contest. 7/10.

halloweenghost

jolteonjak said:
I know the writers wanted to demonstrate the randomness of Assist, but I think it was a bit much. I found it odd that Razor Leaf was "Assist"ed 2 or 3 times in this contest (over the 2 episodes).

Despite the fact that I knew Skitty would win (America is having Ribbon Cup Caper this week), it was pretty suspenseful waiting for the end-all move for Skitty to pop out of Assist.

I didn't really enjoy the fact that Houndoom lost (kinda like how Skitty humiliated Dusclops).

You kidding? My skitty gets fly alot in my emerald