• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Painter's Paradise

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Hey, guys. It's me, Poke-friend. I haven't been on for quite while, though I've been on the site a few times already. My team might not be as good as my old ones, and might even be worse. Please bear with me; I'm feeling a bit rusty.

Ok. I based my around pokemon that my friends tell me to draw, or pokemon my friends like. Here it is:

Camerupt @ Passho Berry/Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
Ability: Solid Rock
-Eruption/Overheat
-Earth Power
-Ancientpower
-Amnesia/Will-O-Wisp

Eruption/Overheat and Earth Power for STAB, Ancientpower to boost stats, and Amnesia to boost Sp.atk two levels, or Will-O-Wisp to burn the opponent. I'm trying to promote this pokemon. I believe its stats are ok and I think it will fair well.

Wailord @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Oblivious
-Water Spout/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

A lot of people have asked me to draw this. Water Spout/Surf for STAB, Ice Beam for Grass-types, Rest to recover HP, and Sleep Talk to attack while asleep. I think this looks pretty ok as well. Its massive HP will allow it to use Water Spout over and over again, and Rest will allow it to hit hard, though it depends heavily on how much HP Wailord has. Surf is what I'd use if Water Spout doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Leaf Guard
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Shock Wave
-Wring Out/Protect

I would have used a SubSeeder set, but this time I decided to mae my own. Giga Drain for HP recovery and STAB, Focus Blast to hit steels, Shock Wave for Flying-types, and Wring Out to wear down high-HP opponents, or Protect to earn a free turn for recovery thanks to lefties.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pure Power
-Mind Reader
-High Jump Kick
-Thunder Punch
-Recover

This was really funny to draw. I wanted to use a different set, one that focused on diversity, but I decided to keep it simple. Mind Reader to gain "sure-shot" status, High Jump Kick for STAB, Thunder Punch for Flying-types, and Recover to, uh recover.(XD) I wanted just Thunder Punch to deal with my friend's Gyarados, but I'm not sure if I should switch Mind Reader or Recover with Psycho Cut.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Thunder Wave
-Roost

Para-flincher set. This was kind of a pain to draw. I still can't fathom as to why. Air Slash for STAB, Aura Sphere for Steel-, and Rock-types, Thunder Wave to paralyze foes, and Roost to heal.

Golem @ Muscle Band
Impish Nature
Ability: Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Rock Polish
-Explosion

One of my favorite pokemon to draw. Earthquake and Stone Edge for STAB, Rock Polish to boost speed, and Explosion to destroy special walls, and physical walls alike.

Well, I hope it's ok. My team covers each others' weaknesses, and I've tested them out, to find if they have good synergy or not, which they do, though I apologize for the crappy selection. Please go easy on me...or not. But let's stay positive, right?

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
Holy crap. Fantastic team! I suggest Ice Punch for Medicham instead, however.

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
Ok, some comments about your team

@Camerupt : Looks nice, but Eruption would be better if you're using a Tricky Room Team, because he's pretty slow. If you use overheat, you might consider Choice Specs. Otherwise, Passho Berry is fine. And oh, Amnesia boost Sp. Def by 2 levels, not Sp. Atk ( Nasty Plot boost Sp. Atk by 2 levels).

@Wailord : Again, he's too slow to pull Water Spout nicely. Surf is your better option here.

@Tangrowth : It's nice to see someone who doesn't use subSeed xD. Anyway, tangrowth is a defensive pokemon, so Knock Off and Toxic could be on the set, if you'd like.

@Medichan : Well... discard mind reader and recover. May sound good on the paper, but not so good when battling. Try Ice Punch and Psycho Cut with an Adamant nature and Choice Band as your item. *obscene attack xD*

@Togekiss : Seems nice, I liked it. Flamethrower or Nasty Plot are also good options for the set.

@Golem : Yep, this dude rocks ( lame joke ).

Well, these are my suggestions. Hope I helped ^_^

hOuOugIa

DON'T STEAL MAH HG!
Hey, guys. It's me, Poke-friend. I haven't been on for quite while, though I've been on the site a few times already. My team might not be as good as my old ones, and might even be worse. Please bear with me; I'm feeling a bit rusty.

Ok. I based my around pokemon that my friends tell me to draw, or pokemon my friends like. Here it is:

Camerupt @ Passho Berry/Wise Glasses/Choice Scarf
Modest/Timid with Choice Scarf Nature
Ability: Solid Rock
-Eruption/Overheat
-Earth Power
-Ancientpower
-Amnesia/Will-O-Wisp/Lava Plume (with Choice Scarf)

Eruption/Overheat and Earth Power for STAB, Ancientpower to boost stats, and Amnesia to boost Sp.def two levels, or Will-O-Wisp to burn the opponent. I'm trying to promote this pokemon. I believe its stats are ok and I think it will fair well.I think Eruption will be better here, but you might want to use it with Choice Scarf & Timdi Nature. A reliable fire move on the 4th slot. Lava Plume might be better than Flamethrower because the burning chance.

Wailord @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Oblivious
-Water Spout/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

A lot of people have asked me to draw this. Water Spout/Surf for STAB, Ice Beam for Grass-types, Rest to recover HP, and Sleep Talk to attack while asleep. I think this looks pretty ok as well. Its massive HP will allow it to use Water Spout over and over again, and Rest will allow it to hit hard, though it depends heavily on how much HP Wailord has. Surf is what I'd use if Water Spout doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore. I think Surf is a more reliable move here since you might not be able to rest off the damages including the huge ones that the opponent landed on you during the two turns.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Leaf Guard
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Shock Wave/AncientPower
-Wring Out/Energy Ball (Not Sure)/Toxic

I would have used a SubSeeder set, but this time I decided to mae my own. Giga Drain for HP recovery and STAB, Focus Blast to hit steels, Shock Wave for Flying-types, and Wring Out to wear down high-HP opponents, or Protect to earn a free turn for recovery thanks to lefties.AncientPower can be an option over Shock Wave for not only Flying but also Fire. (Not sure on that because of the low base power + rarely uses that.) I would go with Wring Out on the last move, but another reliable STAB move might worth it since it will bring out more damage when you don't need the recovery from Giga Drain. Toxic can be used as status is always welcome on opponents.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pure Power
-Mind Reader/Psycho Cut/Ice Punch
-High Jump Kick/Brick Break
-Thunder Punch
-Recover/Psycho Cut/Ice Punch

This was really funny to draw. I wanted to use a different set, one that focused on diversity, but I decided to keep it simple. Mind Reader to gain "sure-shot" status, High Jump Kick for STAB, Thunder Punch for Flying-types, and Recover to, uh recover.(XD) I wanted just Thunder Punch to deal with my friend's Gyarados, but I'm not sure if I should switch Mind Reader or Recover with Psycho Cut.I think Medicham is frail even that not able to use Recover, and the Mind Reader thing, I think it's not really worth it since he's so frail (again?!) that I'm not sure he will survive after get a hit from opponent while uses Mind Reader. Brick Break could be an option over Hi Jump Kick for the 100% accuracy. It's worth to put a physical Psychic STAB here. Ice Punch also an option for Physical BoltBeam.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Thunder Wave
-Roost

Para-flincher set. This was kind of a pain to draw. I still can't fathom as to why. Air Slash for STAB, Aura Sphere for Steel-, and Rock-types, Thunder Wave to paralyze foes, and Roost to heal. My favorite set for Togekiss!

Golem @ Muscle Band
Impish Nature
Ability: Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Rock Polish
-Explosion

One of my favorite pokemon to draw. Earthquake and Stone Edge for STAB, Rock Polish to boost speed, and Explosion to destroy special walls, and physical walls alike. Not sure on this, I have not use it before.

Well, I hope it's ok. My team covers each others' weaknesses, and I've tested them out, to find if they have good synergy or not, which they do, though I apologize for the crappy selection. Please go easy on me...or not. But let's stay positive, right?
Changes in BOLD. Great Team!

Last edited:

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Hey, thanks guys! I didn't expect to get such nice feedback. Thanks for your help. I'll make sure to make any necessary changes.

Camerupt:

Flamthrower>Eruption/Overheat, Will - o - Wisp over Amnesia. Despite what several others have been saying, Camperupt is not an attacker only to use with Choice Scarf. He is a Tank, and should be used as such. I suggested Flamethrower as he shouldn't be switching out to much, so Overheat would be a problem to his Special Attack, and he's to slow to use Eruption effectively. Will - o - Wisp was placed over Amnesia so he can take Physical Attacks and do damage to opponents.

Wailord:

Surf>Water Spout. Like Camerupt, Wailord is to slow to make good use of Water Spout. Though he might actually be a decent user of Choice Scarf... I think you should stick with the RestTalk set, however.

Tangrowth:

With all due respect, that set is horrible. Giga Drain has to low Base Power, and Focus Blast and Shock Wave will not hit opponents hard enough fast enough. If you ask me, if you use Tangrowth you should be using it as a Seeder or Chlorophyll Sweeper. If you don't want to use a SubSeeder, I would suggest a SleepSeeder:

~ Leech Seed
~ Sleep Powder
~ Knock Off
~ Power Whip

Medicham:

Since he's very frail, I would slap a Choice Scarf on him, and give him these moves:

~ Psycho Cut
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Thunder Punch
~ Ice Punch

Togekiss:

Fine.

Golem:

Fine.