• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pal Park Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz4

is back.
No, no, and NO!!! According to Marriland of Gamefaqs:

This same quote holds true for UK Pokemon games: Although you can trade between DS games from different regions, you can't transfer a Pokemon from say, a UK GBA Pokemon game to a US D/P unless you trade the Pokemon to a US GBA cart from the UK GBA Pokemon game, then transfer it from that very same US GBA cart that you traded it to, so I doubt that you can transfer Pokemon to Pal Park in your D/P game if the regions of that particular D/P game and the GBA Pokemon game are different from each other...

1.Same language
2.Different region
So, maybe.

Great guide Leebui.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
One question that isn't on there: can you change a nickname after you transfer?

legendary pkm master

Water Pokemon Master
u acting like i ment to do that.
why would i multipost on purpose my comp got frozen and that happened so stop MINIMODDING.

magpie

Rocket Admin
Really, a Class-A thread Leebui ^_^

Sticky-ification is in order, I do believe =D

Evil_Lathander

Pokémon forever
I would like to note that on the main serebii site, it is stated that it is uncertain wheter or not backward trading is possible and it will be announced when official sources give away the information

KageNaruto

Say a Pokemon can learn an HM. This HM (dive for example) is not in D/P. Do you still have to delete it? And is there ANY way to make the Pokemon relearn it if you do? Cause if my Ludicolo can't have Dive in D/P I'll be angry!!

Shinou lover

We will pown you!!!
Say a Pokemon can learn an HM. This HM (dive for example) is not in D/P. Do you still have to delete it? And is there ANY way to make the Pokemon relearn it if you do? Cause if my Ludicolo can't have Dive in D/P I'll be angry!!

I'm sorry but Ludicolo can;t have dive anymore in DP

BCVM22

All HM moves must be deleted from a Pokémon before it gets transferred. Dive is no longer an HM in D/P, and Ludicolo doesn't learn it via leveling up and therefore can't regain the technique via the move relearner.

Guess you'll be angry.

KageNaruto

Nooooooooo!! Why Gamefreak why? Why have you forsaken me!!!???

Now my only hope is that Dive is in the 5th gen. And I guess my team will no longer have a Ludicolo, that or a much crappier one.

Freakshow

Jibaku
Ludicolo doesn't need Dive anyway. The one I really hate is not being able to Transfer my promotional Japanese (obtained @ Pokemon Center Osaka, Japan about 2 years ago)Surfing Pikachu from my game to D/P.

ChariMence

Hmm.. this might be a stupid question, but what about eggs? I wanna hatch a Charmander egg so it could have my name and ID Number thingy as the OT. Even though I'll name my character the same as it is on my LeafGreen (BOB) I want it to have my Diamond Version's ID number [thingy].

broken_inside

Marsh Trainer
You could just breed the Pokemon in your game once its transferred and then when it hatches it will have your ID number, etc.

Anyway, nice guide. :)

ChariMence

You could just breed the Pokemon in your game once its transferred and then when it hatches it will have your ID number, etc.

Anyway, nice guide.

Forgot about that. How could I forget about breeding in D/P, I like breeding! But anyways, what I meant was that I wanted to keep my Charizard on my LeafGreen, too. But then I could just breed it in LG, transfer Charmander, and re-breed it in Diamond.. so I guess never mind then.. o_O

Leebui

Questionable...
So...um, do you know the approximate time to find a legendary/uber? I know you mentioned 'a long time', but how long?

(If it's already in the FAQ, I probably missed it)

It depends. It could take 20 seconds, or 6 minutes, must longer compared to the normal Pokemon's encounter rate of about 2-3 seconds per Pokemon.

One question that isn't on there: can you change a nickname after you transfer?

No. Your Pokemon retains the same ID as before, and unless you hack, there's no way to match up precise ID and Secret ID.

To person saying "NO, NO and NO!" or something: Please note that region restrictions aren't all black and white (although it'll make things simpler if it was). In 3rd gen, there was already an exception with the English-language games, so it may happen again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.