• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pal Park Pipe Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigaslave

My true pipe dream would be a Slot 2 adapter that allows the use of retro-GB cartridges. I want to bring forwards my oldbies from Yellow. Teleport/Cerulean Gym Mew, anyone?

eonmaster_457

Okay, that would be a novel idea, but my question is: how many old cartridges are actually still there? And which of them haven't a dried up battery? And what about the people who never even played those games?

Though I miss my Blue team, that's for sure.

So even if that were to be implied, most people would find it useless.

m190049

Local psychopath
Okay, that would be a novel idea, but my question is: how many old cartridges are actually still there? And which of them haven't a dried up battery? And what about the people who never even played those games?

Though I miss my Blue team, that's for sure.

So even if that were to be implied, most people would find it useless.
I still have copies of all the 1st and 2nd gen main games that work fine (except for red version. That broke...)

PsychicsRox

I'm gonna hafta trade too X.X
Died.
I could lend my friends help but if its the Platinum just released stage (English), dunno if he'd let me trade that many pokemon. But I'm not as bad as you. I don't care bout the pokedex so I no nid to trade 300 pokemon over. Only about 24 pokemon to transfer.

eonmaster_457

I still have copies of all the 1st and 2nd gen main games that work fine (except for red version. That broke...)

I've never had a battery go dead on me. I still have all my cartridges, so i think that'd be a pretty good idea. However, if it costed mroe than 10-15$ i wouldnt buy it...

oh, i see the case. Though unfortunately, I think most my GBC Games (if not all), already had dead batteries. :( So sad...

Arande

My blue is dead, my silver still works fine...

eonmaster_457

Really? I've actually switched to the r*ms of it. (I believe the discussion is illegal)

On topic: Also, if they did make it so that people can migrate from Old Games, then wouldn't virtually everyone have a shiny Gyarados?

Arande

Well, the biggest problem with migrating from 1st and 2nd gen would be that IV's were from 1-16 then... Dunno if that'd be for the better or worst.

latios reborn

I don't suppose anyone would be able to hep me out with getting 5 pokemon from Diamond to Platinum?

As I do have that problem and I'm kind of hanging around eterna city in the hopes of getting my fire type over there.

And I don't see what the big deal with wanting the 1st and second gen over.. Fire red and leaf green covers that. (well for the first gen)

m190049

Local psychopath
this thread's point is to express what one would've loved in Pal Park.
So it's what was the Ideas Thread, except singled out to a smaller topic?
There was a reason the thread was closed...
And I don't see what the big deal with wanting the 1st and second gen over.. Fire red and leaf green covers that. (well for the first gen)
Fire Red and Leaf Green did that for the first game...

However, G/S/C was arguable the best game. And no, I don't mean Graphic-wise... According to ratings from the time the game was released, G/S/C was the biggest, has the most fun plot, had the most replay value, etc.
Although as of now, the 2nd gen is the and the one with the least availability , since GBC games are no longer sold, while GBA games still are sometimes, and also in a way the oldest. The first gen is really the oldest generation, however it's games were re-made for the 3rd gen, so the 2nd gen is the "Oldest" or so to speak.

And that's why so many people want a G/S/C remake to a point that remake discussion was banned.

Now lets get off the subject... Again, as I said, remake discussion is forbidden.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Get a second DS. :p

CHG-Swampert

CHG Co-Lead Swampert
nah its impossible im sure. You'd need two DS's unless they do like a weird Gameshark-like thing where you can insert one game then trade to another by turning off and inserting another

eonmaster_457

Wow, how ironic, you got one too?
Anyways, I got that Limited Edition Dialga+Palkia DS from a while ago...

Bad news though. D=
I come home,and go on the computer, and what do I see? I see a couple articles saying apparently a new DS model is coming.

: (

Oh no! I just got the Limited Edition Dialga Palkia DS Lite, too.

I can't believe a new one is coming up.
On topic: I do wish we can export and import the Migrated Files, even just on wi-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.