• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pal park

Scrufox86

Hi all. I just got thinking about pal park and was wondering what did everyone else do. did you use it just to transfer legendaries or did you transfer almost everything that was useful and then restart on that game?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Useful stuff really, along with items as well. Legendaries were part of that but I also transferred over main Pokemon I used a decent amount in my team as well, and rare ones that weren't available in DPPt at the time. Haven't done it for HGSS yet seeing I had already transferred Pokemon over, but I might do so in a while as I've some more Colosseum Pokemon to transfer.

Shale

gtfo
Clone from Emerald, rinse and repeat.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I just transfer stuff like starters or any legendaries. If i need anything to complete my pokedex that i can transfer over. I don't use it that much though.

blackterminator3

I just transfer mostly every Pokemon I had for Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. It was so fun to do, because while I was enjoying catching them bad boys/girls Pokemon. I also enjoyed the music feeling to it as well. It made me want to catch more and more of the old time Pokemon from the previous regions.

G50

No longer posting
Since I used Pal Park prior to having any of the event Pokemon aside from Mew, I transferred all of the Pokemon I could from the other 5 games, except the Johto starter lines and Milotic at the time.

I used to forget which Pokemon I had caught already during the Timed Game, and sometimes it took over an hour to do.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
After Ss/Hg came out you doesnt need to transfer your pokemons you can cought them!

Kalosian

So long
I mostly transferred Pokemon I needed for my Pokedex in 4th gen that were easier to obtain in 3rd gen, or just unobtainable in 4th gen (although this was more of a problem before the release of HG/SS). I did also transfer some Pokemon I used for breeding in Emerald to use for breeding in Platinum as well, but never got around to use them as much as I had wanted to.

blackmeadow

Coolio Julio
I transferred ones I couldn't get in my Diamond or Soulsilver. Or occasionally ones that I want on my White but not the fourth, so I just transfer to Soulsilver and then to White.

Scrufox86

only if you do it wrong...

I don't know how to clone because i always thought it could mess up my game and i would lose all my save data. But it does seem intriguing now. So any shinies could be cloned and pal parked up to 4th gen? Cool.

And my lvl 100 breloom with spore and false swipe for legendaries and shiny hunting.

Shale

gtfo
I don't know how to clone because i always thought it could mess up my game and i would lose all my save data. But it does seem intriguing now. So any shinies could be cloned and pal parked up to 4th gen? Cool.

And my lvl 100 breloom with spore and false swipe for legendaries and shiny hunting.

Anything can be cloned through Emerald if you are at the Battle Frontier. I did have it mess up my save file, though it only erased one box of useless Pokemon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I mainly use Pal Park to get useful items onto my Gen IV games, such as TMs, Master Balls, berries, etc. I also use it if I need a Pokemon that's easier to find on RSE/FRLG.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
Transferring rare items and legendaries for later trading, don't really need it anymore, though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Transferred rare Pokémon over that I can't get on SoulSilver. I don't play my Ruby anymore, but I made sure to bring over the Pokémon that I can actually catch in the wild if I wanted them again. I don't have the heart to start the game over.

SuperEpicRock

Yeah, I transfer all my good pokes and good items (masterball, Tms, etc.) and then restart my game. It's a great set up for a transfer, imo, though I'm not particularly fond of the fact that If you happen to forget a surfer, you're screwed. This has happened to me before.