• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paldea Region - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Red and Blue

What towns are you guys the most excited to visit? I think I'm the most excited to journey to the desert oasis, those are always so pretty and a lot of fun to travel towards. Although Glaseado should also be fun to travel to, I'm just not sure about one thing. For a snowy desert, does a place like Glaseado count as a desert oasis or is that only for the sandy deserts? Just a random thought I had a few moments ago. I'm also interested in what looks like a resort type of city, it's the one with the sky scrapers.
I'm excited about the town based on Valencia due to it looking really high tech in the recent trailer.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
I've been searching around to no results and figured I may as well ask here, does anyone have a clear, upscaled Paldea map without any writing/markings on it?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
With thanks to @Smeargle-Sketch , I took the liberty of highlighting every possible town in Paldea.

Paldea Towns - Central
No. of Gyms: 1
Ue8jpDw.jpg

These three towns include the starting town, the first route town, and Mesagoza. I predict we will be locked within these three towns for the early parts of the game, until we receive Koraidon/Miraidon.

Paldea Towns - West
No. of Gyms: 4
z3JyYDy.jpg

These towns are all located west of Mesagoza, excluding the snow-covered town, which is located directly north. Grusha's gym is located just outside that town.

Paldea Towns - East
No. of Gyms: 3
tQU1dEZ.jpg

These three towns are located east of Mesagoza and all have gyms. I predict these will be the first three gyms we are expected to challenge, should we go by the game's intended order.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
With thanks to @Smeargle-Sketch , I took the liberty of highlighting every possible town in Paldea.

Paldea Towns - Central
No. of Gyms: 1
Ue8jpDw.jpg

These three towns include the starting town, the first route town, and Mesagoza. I predict we will be locked within these three towns for the early parts of the game, until we receive Koraidon/Miraidon.

Paldea Towns - West
No. of Gyms: 4
z3JyYDy.jpg

These towns are all located west of Mesagoza, excluding the snow-covered town, which is located directly north. Grusha's gym is located just outside that town.

Paldea Towns - East
No. of Gyms: 3
tQU1dEZ.jpg

These three towns are located east of Mesagoza and all have gyms. I predict these will be the first three gyms we are expected to challenge, should we go by the game's intended order.
You are wonderful

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope they have something akin to Pokestars Studios or even Contests. The previous games have had nice side modes but none have been quite as fun as Pokestars Studio.

I'm also curious about the port town, is that an aquarium in the center of town?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So decided to test out the full scale size of the map, in terms of player feet.

Since the player is typically the height of the front door to their house, I decided to use the door as measurement.

5WEPjo4.jpg

Cropping the door, I measured it against the house and determined the house is approximately 13.5 doors long and 5 doors wide. The house would become the second mode of measurement.

sWSrH4J.png

I took the image of the house directly from the HD map to formulate the measurements. My next phase was measuring the house up against Mesagoza, the largest city in Paldea.

9KR1WhU.png

I determined Mesagoza is the size of approximately 114 player houses, or 7,695 doors. With this, I moved towards Paldea entirely.

9s9mVVh.png

I took the city of Mesagoza and stretched over as much of the traversable Paldea as I could, water included. I concluded Paldea is the size of approximately 63 Mesagozas, or 7,182 player house, or 484,785 doors. This means that, theoretically, there are at least 485,000 steps of player movement across Paldea, in terms of axis geometry.

Of course, given there is no grid within the game, I am likely only accounting for 75% of all steps at best.