• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paldea Region - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Noy

given what we've seen of past games, and how they did terrain exploration in legends; I highly doubt they'll implement stamina. Hopefully they will implement rivers, bridges, Ledges, mountains, tunnels, and extreme weather; well enough, to balance progression thru the game.

DSDark

Breeder
Actually you didn't specifically mention that gyms could be in any order. And you said that your gym progress would affect your stamina and how much of the region you can explore.
Right as you Battle the gyms you can choose which ride you want to upgrade.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder how many castles, if any, are in this region. I hope there's at least one large, abandoned one. I can't wait to explore and discover all the sights that I can. I'm also hoping for tunnels and caves that are like Legends' tunnels and caves only with more treasure in them.

Noy

I wonder how many castles, if any, are in this region. I hope there's at least one large, abandoned one. I can't wait to explore and discover all the sights that I can. I'm also hoping for tunnels and caves that are like Legends' tunnels and caves only with more treasure in them.
will they be filled with a regional paras, with either water or ghost type; and be just as numerous and aggressive. That way we can be harassed by paras above ground and under ground.:D

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think that the Gyms won't be done in any order, because there won't be any gyms.

One thing I think might actually happen is that all the gyms will be in one city.

Seeing this design at the center of the plaza makes me feel much of the game's league battling will take place in a single location, rather than across the region.
uUI90Al.jpg

I already think the region will be rather small, so the concept makes sense to me anyhow.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
One thing I think might actually happen is that all the gyms will be in one city.

Seeing this design at the center of the plaza makes me feel much of the game's league battling will take place in a single location, rather than across the region.
uUI90Al.jpg

I already think the region will be rather small, so the concept makes sense to me anyhow.
I think that's just a marketplace area with a bunch of shops.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

uUI90Al.jpg

I also don't believe that this region would literally have only one city in it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just want this game to have varied topography, with lots of secret nooks and crannies, caves, tunnels, etc. I want areas to feel more natural and something that you could get lost in. My major disappointment in Hisui were the mountains/caves. It's so empty and are practically linear (except for one).

I would also love to encounter random trainers on the wild. Random houses, buildings and structures too. SWSH's wild area fails a lot in this regard. The DLC maps are great, but still lacked trainers.

Nave

I just want this game to have varied topography, with lots of secret nooks and crannies, caves, tunnels, etc. I want areas to feel more natural and something that you could get lost in. My major disappointment in Hisui were the mountains/caves. It's so empty and are practically linear (except for one).

I would also love to encounter random trainers on the wild. Random houses, buildings and structures too. SWSH's wild area fails a lot in this regard. The DLC maps are great, but still lacked trainers.
I feel like caves and tunnels are getting more and more basic with every game. I miss being able to get lost in one.

It would be so cool if trainers appeared in the open world and seemed to have a life of their own; coming and going at different times, and even using different Pokémon depending on when you see them.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I feel like caves and tunnels are getting more and more basic with every game. I miss being able to get lost in one.

It would be so cool if trainers appeared in the open world and seemed to have a life of their own; coming and going at different times, and even using different Pokémon depending on when you see them.
One thing I really noticed in SWSH is the severe lack of trainers even on the routes.

Most trainer classes only have 2 trainers, Youngster and Lass for example. Some even only have 1, such as the Beauty class. Heck, for the first time in the series, there were no Ace Trainers in the game, which have been present since Gen 1.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I also don't believe that this region would literally have only one city in it.

When did I say there would only be one town?

I said all the gyms could be in one city. We know there's going to be towns in the game, but given Game Freak's knack for baby steps, and this is Pokémon's first fully open world game, I think we're going to have less than 8 towns.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
When did I say there would only be one town?

I said all the gyms could be in one city. We know there's going to be towns in the game, but given Game Freak's knack for baby steps, and this is Pokémon's first fully open world game, I think we're going to have less than 8 towns.
I'm not thinking that this game will even have Gyms.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Having all the gyms in one place kinda loses the motivation for me to fully explore the region since the primary objectives would practically be the same thing over and over: "go do this thing over there, then get back here to fight the next gym leader", then rinse and repeat.

It would be no different to Legends, since it's practically the same game flow. "Get your ride, calm the frenzy, report back to me."

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Having all the gyms in one place kinda loses the motivation for me to fully explore the region since the primary objectives would practically be the same thing over and over: "go do this thing over there, then get back here to fight the next gym leader", then rinse and repeat.

It would be no different to Legends, since it's practically the same game flow. "Get your ride, calm the frenzy, report back to me."
I agree, and it would make all the other towns aside from the big one meaningless, and you might as well only have the one big town and have the rest of the region be a vast, undeveloped wilderness.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I agree, and it would make all the other towns aside from the big one meaningless, and you might as well only have the one big town and have the rest of the region be a vast, undeveloped wilderness.

That would only be true if the only thing the game had to offer was gyms. Of course, for the last 25+ years we've been conditioned to having gyms be the focus of every story, sans Sun & Moon.

With Legends showing there can be a truly fun and engaging title without placing a league at the center leaves me to think Scarlet & Violet won't have gyms at the center either. The game may end up having a independent story that we can take on at our leisure, much like with Legends.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That would only be true if the only thing the game had to offer was gyms. Of course, for the last 25+ years we've been conditioned to having gyms be the focus of every story, sans Sun & Moon.

With Legends showing there can be a truly fun and engaging title without placing a league at the center leaves me to think Scarlet & Violet won't have gyms at the center either. The game may end up having a independent story that we can take on at our leisure, much like with Legends.
They wouldn't really do that with Gyms. It would be better suited for something like Sun and Moon's Island Trials.