• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pale blue dot

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
I think you're missing the point. Sure, we go to wars and such to claim territory as our own...but from this view (which is a photograph from space that humans have taken) you can see that the planet which is home to over 6 billion people, countless animals, breathtaking natural beauty and so forth, fits into about one pixel.

If that doesn't demonstrate what little effect we have on the greater scheme of things I don't know what does.

But as has been said, we are so insignificant, we might as well just get on with it.

Riversong

Buggy down.
I do love seeing these things; they fuel the imagination of what else is out there.

But part of life is moving past the feeling of insignificance so that we can better ourselves and keep our 'pale blue dot' a place to be proud of!

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I think you're missing the point. Sure, we go to wars and such to claim territory as our own...but from this view (which is a photograph from space that humans have taken) you can see that the planet which is home to over 6 billion people, countless animals, breathtaking natural beauty and so forth, fits into about one pixel.

Well, virtually anything can fit into a pixel if you resize the image as such :p

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
Yeah true, but if the photo were in real scale it would be about 19.3 light seconds wide, or a bit over 5.7 million kilometres ;)

It would also be 4.5 x 10^14 square-km in area, easily wrapping itself around the whole of Jupiter.

Last edited:

SmartD

That's an interesting perspective. Every living thing crammed into a tiny blue dot. Facinating.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
But as has been said, we are so insignificant, we might as well just get on with it.

Pretty much; people complain about so much, but we're not really the center of the universe when you look at it. It's a calming thought actually, thinking that we can relax and have fun like we should.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
[IMG139]http://i25.*******.com/6nuha8.gif[/IMG139]

I love this. This is why space and the universe in general has captivated me so much. It really makes you wonder why anyone would bother and waste their time to show interest in us, a small speck of atom dust in an infinite universe. It makes me love God more and more.

Oh, why can't our mortal brains fathom this much knowledge and not go mad from it? I've thought about this so much, it's painful and exhausting.

...My head hurts just thinking about thinking it TT^TT...

As I looked at that picture, and then at otaku-dono's insignificance-realizer, To Heal by Underworld came on and made me think just how amazing it really was. How small we are. How finite our existence is compared to everything else that's out there. Amazing. Just amazing.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
^ That just blows my mind. It's really amazing when you imagine just how small our planet is and what a tiny part of the universe we are compared to the other fantastic things out there.

And I, for one, am a complete believer that Earth is not the only planet in the universe with life forms such as us humans on it. :)~
Us Earthlings would be extremely foolish and arrogant to believe that our planet is the only one in the universe with intelligent life.