• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Palkia EV problem.

Sora_Keyblade_Owner

Ultimate evil grinXD
Im training my Lv 47 Palkia with Special attack evs. Ive given it the maximum amount of Calciums and it has battled 3 Alakazams, 1 Gengar, 1 Haunter, and more than 20 Gastlys. That should be around 34 SpAtt Evs. But when it finally leveled up to Level 48, it only got a total of +6 in Special Attack. Shouldnt it be getting 8 more points than usual (34 divided by 4=8)? What gives?

Kataki

complete.
evs arent added up all at once.If you had a lv 99 palkia and battled all those then you would see the +34 in Sp att but its only level 47 so you dont see much of a difference at all >.>

Sora_Keyblade_Owner

Ultimate evil grinXD
Oh and one more thing, My Palkia's a special sweeper and im giving it 252 in attack. With the remaining,should I give 252 in speed, or 129 speed and 129 HP? Its got a Docile nature.

Bull

Just a pokemon fan
The nature is not good as it is a neutral one. Any sweeper needs a plus speed nature or a plus attack/special attack one. However, normal Palkia have the Hasty one. If you're not willing to change, just simply go for the 252 evs in Speed. That's the best you can do. The remaining 6 should go into attack as the normal set is:

Palkia@Lustrous Orb/Life Orb/Choice Specs
Hasty with 252 evs in sp. atk, 252 evs in speed, 6 in attack
Spacial Rend/Draco Meteor (with Choice Specs)
Surf
Thunder
Aqua Tail (this is to 2HKO Blissey).

Hope I helped.