• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pallet Party Panic! (083)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pallet Party Panic!

After Losing in the Indigo League, Ash is suprised to go back to Pallet Town to a celebration. While there, Prof. Oak gets a call about a strange Pokéball found by Prof. Ivy on Valencia Island. Oak Asks Ash to go get it for him, but on the Way, A group of Spearow and Fearow are attacking some Pidgey's and Pidgeottos. Can Ash and his Pidgeotto save them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Pidgeot is a great Pokemon...with just one problem, he left in less than one episode, oh that is just great.

7.5/10

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Cloud Strife said:
Pidgeot is a great Pokemon...with just one problem, he left in less than one episode, oh that is just great.
The fact that Pidgeotto was pretty much one of Ash's best pokémon and was only used for petty little tasks such as pecking holes in balloons/scouting is what angers me the most. Pidgeotto is one seriously underated pokémon due to the fashion in which it was used. I think someone in another thread commented on how it toppled a Rhydon with a Quick Attack and put the likes of Squirtle and Pikachu to shame at that point. And it was so true. Pidgeotto deserved to be featured a hell of a lot more IMO.

This episode did rock though and I was extremly happy to see Pidgeotto as the highlight of an episode (well, half an episode). The first half with Charizard is what I disliked about this episode, mainly due to the fact that it pretty much robbed potential screen-time for Pidgeotto.

W

Water Boy

Pidgeot should have stayed at least until the end of the Orange Islands. It was awesome, and it would have been even better in Johto rather than Ash having to catch Noctowl.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
I know, seriously. Pidgeot was so cool, and then...BAM, he's written off the show.

Nobody bothered to mention Fearow? I think it's pretty intersting that that same Spearow Ash threw a rock at came back, with a vengeance.

Pidgeot is awesome, I miss him.

8/10

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
ChaosMage said:
Yeah, the first episode referance was nice, since ythis is the last Kanto episode.

Hmm I always thought the last Kanto episode was Pokéball Peril because the theme music (or at least for the dub) didn't change until the episode where Tracey came into the scene.

Anyhow I quite liked this episode, especially the moment when Pidgeotto evolved so it could defeat Fearow, great stuff. Of course it was sad when he left it, but on the plus side it did allow Ash to bring in other pokémon for Johto etc.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
"Pallet Party Panic" was an awesome episode, and a great way to start the Orange Island arc.

Pidgeot will return someday......someday.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Gravy said:
The fact that Pidgeotto was pretty much one of Ash's best pokémon and was only used for petty little tasks such as pecking holes in balloons/scouting is what angers me the most. Pidgeotto is one seriously underated pokémon due to the fashion in which it was used. I think someone in another thread commented on how it toppled a Rhydon with a Quick Attack and put the likes of Squirtle and Pikachu to shame at that point. And it was so true. Pidgeotto deserved to be featured a hell of a lot more IMO.

This episode did rock though and I was extremly happy to see Pidgeotto as the highlight of an episode (well, half an episode). The first half with Charizard is what I disliked about this episode, mainly due to the fact that it pretty much robbed potential screen-time for Pidgeotto.

I totally agree with you. Pidgeotto was one of my favorite pokemon and it should have gotten way more air time (rather than just blow smokescreen away with Gust).

I reckon this episode (as I'm sure it says it in at some point) is prove of how loyal Pidgeoto is to Ash. It still followed his commands when it evolved (one of the best evolutions EVER i might add). Tis a real shame that Ash had to let him go, and he will return one day to Ash. I know he will.

Scar

Hadouken!
This episode was, in my opinion, the last true classic of the Kanto Region. It was also, if I say so myself, one of the best out of all of them. Well, mostly...let me explain why:

First off, the plot with the Pidgeys/Pidgeotto and the Spearow was simply ingenius. Think about it, the final threat of Kanto was, in fact, the first Pokemon/s Ash ever fought, and it took the evolution of one of his best Pokemon to fight them. I mean, the timing and momentum of the evolution was perfect. Pidgeotto/Pidgeot evolved to fight a foe clearly at least twice as strong as it was to save a flock of its own kind. That's the kind of stuff a lot of the Pokemon episodes should have.

However, take note that I ONLY mentioned the Fearow-plot. The after-party of the Indigue Tournament was just sad. I mean, Charizard, yet again, stole the glory when it really didn't deserve to. Here's why: Charizard NEVER listened to Ash, and every time you thought he FINALLY started obeying (Blaine's GYM, the battle with Aerodactyl, etc.), the writers end the episode with it blowing everything around them to kingdom come with Flamethrower! This was no exception. This time, however, it stole a good amount of the glory from a Pokemon that got almost none before.

There was only 1 complaint I have with the Fearow-plot. Ash only got to keep a fully-evolved Pokemon that obeyed him for about five minutes tops! They should've AT LEAST kept Pidgeot until early Johto. I guess I'll never understand why the writers' minds...with Charizard, Pidgeot's early departure, and the cutsy-team that Ash was given about fourty or so-episodes after (no offense to any Johto-fans).

But all in all, it was [mostly] a great episode. I only have a few problems with this episode, but the good far outweighs the bad.

I rate Pallet Party Panic 8.5/10

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
This episode is a real mix of different aspects, and the plot takes a right turn halfway through, but it's still got its share of memorable moments:

- Pidgeotto's long-awaited evolution. It still sucks that he left immediately after, though - it's like the writers were teasing the audience.
- The return of Spearow/Fearow. That was a stroke of genius.
- The sidesplittingly funny animation drawings in the sequence where Ash and Brock react to the over-spiced food Jessie and James have given them.
- Meowth using the word "wasabi". 4Kids loses points, however, for the "meatballs" thing and the enigmatic line "Blaster balls away!"

In all, not a bad episode - considering that it set up the Orange League, "The Saga That Launched Over 75 Filler Episodes".

Tazzler

Finally people who feel the same way that I day the pidgey family is one of my fav families and pidgeot is one of my fave pkmon i always thought wtf did ash get pidgeotto for if i rarely used it the only gym battle he used it in was fuschia and cerulean which were pathetic i i were pidgeotto i would have flown awy 50 episodes b4 that

P

Poke

jynxroxs said:
if i were pidgeotto i would have flown awy 50 episodes b4 that

LMAO that line is frickin awesome this had me crackin up for 5 minutes lol why is it that pidgeotto didnt just fly away and screw that stupid little kid that always send him out to peck balloons?

I really miss Pidgeot, MAYBE it will come back one day...

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
ash should have got him back before he went to johto!

B

Blue_Poliwhirl24

I think this episode is cute especially Charizard sad tries to get his fangs on some food. In short I think it's sad that Ash leaves Pidgeot just after he had evolved but it seemed right at the same time (but Pidgeot would be a great asset in Ash's team in say the Orange League battle against Drake and his Dragonite. I like this episode because it shows it's great to get home and how sad but how nice it feels to leave your loved onces (can be compared with say, "Bye-Bye Butterfree" except the come home part ^^)

T

Togechic

This episode also had the distinction of having Team rocket be both ruthless (distracting the gang with spicy food, capturing Team Rocket, and for their own amusement, bombarding the party as they made their getaway) and hapless (getting caught in the Spearow/Fearow crossfire).

R

Rachael

I loved the part with the wasabi sauce. I was really surprised to hear the word "wasabi," although I guess I shouldn't, since it's used a lot in English, too.

And like most people who posted, I was disappointed to see Pidgeot go so quickly. I love that family, although my favorite is the adorabely cute Pidgey. ^^

I understand that Fearow was the evolution of the Spearow that Ash threw a rock at, but it's always annoyed me how some Pokemon are always portrayed as the villain: They're the Pokemon who pick on Ash's Pokemon or the Pokemon that bad guys or mean trainers use. Beedrill is another example of those Pokemon, and it makes me sad, because I really like Spearow, Fearow, and Beedrill. :(

But overall, a very great episode, and a turning point in the series. :)

Team Rocket Admin

This was a great episode, and I was so ****** that the writers got rid of Pidgeot. Infact what surpirsed me was the fact that Ash kept it as long as he did. Lets hope we see Pidgeot in this new Kanto saga.

Batdude

Old school
The whole Fearow/Pidgeot thing is genius we don't se much of anymore. Let's face it, everyone wanted Pidgeot to stay because to this day it is one of Ash's strongest Pokémon, even if it doesn't travel with him anymore. But if you think about it Ash coudn't have kept Pidgeot, even without the stupid defenceless Pidgey getting attacked every five minutes. What would Ash do with a Pidgeot? He'd fly everywhere. And seeing as how he caught Lapras later for surfing, flying would have made surfing a waste of space.