• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pallet Party Panic! (083)

Alloutℯ

Banned
I don't think that Satoshi failing to keep his word in this instance counts as him lying, though. Yes, he told Pigeot that he'd return when he finished his errand at Daidai Island, but he didn't say that with the intention of purposely misleading Pigeot. He just had other things come up, which distracted him.

My point is that he shouldn't have made such a big commitment that he'd never keep.

Leonhart

Imagineer
My point is that he shouldn't have made such a big commitment that he'd never keep.

In Satoshi's defense, his statement wasn't necessarily a huge commitment at the time. His decision to never return was something that happened after a lot of time had passed.

When Charizard got rid of Team Rocket's balloon I thought he finally changed, but nope. When the party ended the episode got way too serious and then sad for my liking when Pidgeot left.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
When the party ended the episode got way too serious and then sad for my liking when Pidgeot left.

The episode felt like two stories combined into one and I think the episode would've benefited from being two separate ones instead. The Pidgeot thing was the best part because it was fleshed out well despite the pacing, but I wish we had seen more of the party since we hardly got to see Ash unwind and celebrate.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
So Dogasu claims that Ash's remark to Pidgeot about him coming back was taken out of context by fans even in the Jpn version, which I guess means that Ash never intended to retrieve his Pidgeot.

The whole thing is really confusing since it could've been interpreted in several ways. But these days the whole promised return thing isn't even important since we're not likely to ever see Pigeot again, anyway.

It was great seeing the citizens of Pallet Town throwing a big party for Ash and it sucks that Gary wasn't there. Team Rocket selling food was my favorite part especially when they made an order of extra spicy food to trick Ash with. I thought that Charizard helping out was funny since he only did it because the food was ruined by the bombs and Ash's Pidgeot leaving felt so surreal since Fearow part of the episode felt disconnected from the rest. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I thought that Charizard helping out was funny since he only did it because the food was ruined by the bombs and Ash's Pidgeot leaving felt so surreal since Fearow part of the episode felt disconnected from the rest. 7/10

I did think it was amusing that Lizardon was ignoring the chaos around him up until the food table got destroyed by the Rocket-dan's bombs. Had that not happened, the party would've probably been doomed since I don't think that any other Pokemon there would've been able to reach and destroy the Rocket-dan's hot air balloon since Satoshi's Pigeon had already been defeated.

MockingJ

Banned
I did think it was amusing that Lizardon was ignoring the chaos around him up until the food table got destroyed by the Rocket-dan's bombs. Had that not happened, the party would've probably been doomed since I don't think that any other Pokemon there would've been able to reach and destroy the Rocket-dan's hot air balloon since Satoshi's Pigeon had already been defeated.

Ash still had Squirtle and Bulbasaur didn't he? So he could've used them to reach Team Rocket's balloon somehow even if Charizard hadn't helped out in the end.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Ash still had Squirtle and Bulbasaur didn't he? So he could've used them to reach Team Rocket's balloon somehow even if Charizard hadn't helped out in the end.

Satoshi attempted to use Zenigame's Water Gun against the balloon if memory serves, but I don't remember if he used Fushigidane. Even so, I doubt that anything other than Lizardon would've worked given that the Rocket-dan seemed prepared for almost anything in this episode.

Red and Blue

I had forgotten Ash tried to catch Fearow. Would have been cool if he caught it and took it with him to Orange Islands after Pidgeot left

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
I had forgotten Ash tried to catch Fearow. Would have been cool if he caught it and took it with him to Orange Islands after Pidgeot left

Wouldn't that have caused a plot-hole, though? He left Pigeot behind so that it could act as a protector for the Poppo and Pigeon flock in case that Onidrill ever returned to cause problems again. So if Satoshi had caught the Onidrill, he wouldn't have had a reason to leave Pigeot behind in the first place.

Red and Blue

Wouldn't that have caused a plot-hole, though? He left Pigeot behind so that it could act as a protector for the Poppo and Pigeon flock in case that Onidrill ever returned to cause problems again. So if Satoshi had caught the Onidrill, he wouldn't have had a reason to leave Pigeot behind in the first place.
Maybe the Spearow flock would still want to cause trouble despite their leader being captured. Or Pidgeot could have still stayed in order to protect it's friends from future threats

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Maybe the Spearow flock would still want to cause trouble despite their leader being captured. Or Pidgeot could have still stayed in order to protect it's friends from future threats
Because, not despite. Spearow were portrayed as vengeful.

Leonhart

Imagineer
pacman000 said:
Because, not despite. Spearow were portrayed as vengeful.

The wild Onisuzume flock was nowhere to be seen when Satoshi tried to capture Onidrill however since they were in pursuit of the Rocket-dan trio even after Satoshi left the forest as seen at the very end of the episode, so how would they have known that Onidrill was captured even if Satoshi had succeeded in his attempt? It seems unlikely that they'd seek revenge for something that they'd have no knowledge of.