• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pallet Town Assassin III: Back to Scratch

Kinrah

Assassin Host
No, you're not reading it wrong. It's back. Back to scratch.

The Assassins have resurfaced in Pallet Town, after the operation in Hoenn was made a complete failure, and after an extended holiday (coughcough) Kinrah returns to try and restore some sort of order.

Now, any of you who've played before should be aware of the rules, but I still have to post them to inform you of any updates that have been made to them.

THE RULES

Normal forum rules apply, of course.

GAME PHASES
The game consists of four phases - different things happen in each one.

Phase 0.5: Signup phase. Happens at the beginning of each game, where people sign up to play. Signups start at 15 places, and if there is enough demand, it will be increased in increments of 5 players. Depending on the number of people there are, Role Holders may be doubled up. When I feel the signups have finished, I will send out the Key PMs.

Phase 1: Key Phase. I wait patiently for responses from the Role Holders. It moves on when all relevant responses have been made.

Phase 2: Accusation Phase. I will make a post saying who has been assassinated, or if they're lucky, who's been very nearly assassinated. After this, players guess who the assassin is - by accusing people. We move on when two people have been accused and seconded (requiring a minimum of four accusations).

Phase 3: Voting Phase. I will post a table of the current players, with the accused voting for each other, and the remaining players should vote for whoever they think is the assassin. At the end, I execute whoever has the majority of the votes, and will inform the players whether they have killed the assassin or not. If they have, the game ends, and we go back to Phase 0.5 (unless Super Spy is in operation, which I'll explain later). If they haven't, I tell them they haven't killed the assassin, and we go to Phase 1 instead.

ROLES
There are four main roles. Players will fill all four.

Role 1: The Rocket Assassin (Short: Assassin)
The second most important role, after mine. At the end of Phase 0.5, I message him/her telling them that they are the assassin. In Phase 1, they respond by telling me the name of a player they want to kill. (This cannot be me, obviously, themselves, or a player that is already dead.)

In the event we have multiple assassins, they will know who each other is. This is only because when they didn't one killed the other in the first round.

When the assassin is executed, the game ends with a victory for the townspeople.

Role 2: The Officer
At the end of Phase 0.5, I message him/her telling them they are the Officer. Every round, they message me with a guess as to who the assassin actually is. When the assassination occurs, I message them back telling them if they guessed correctly or not. HOWEVER. If they guess correctly, they cannot explicitly tell other players that 'I am the Officer, and was told the Assassin was Person X'. They can defend players who are being accused who they have been told is not the assassin, though.

If they are assassinated/executed, their job ends.

Role 3: The Doctor
At the end of Phase 0.5, I message him/her telling them they are the Doctor. Every round, they tell me the name of an alive player they want to save (this can include themselves). If by bizarre coincidence they tell me the same name that the/an Assassin has picked, the assassination takes place, but it will fail, sending the intended target into hospital for the remainder of the round; they cannot take place in any accusations or voting until I have executed somebody.

If they are assassinated/executed, their job ends.

Role 4: The Rocket Spy (Short: Spy)
The Spy is a person on the inside. They will know who the Assassin is, but not vice versa, and the Spy is NOT allowed to tell the Assassin who they are. In the case that the Assassin is accused, they will attempt to steer votes away from them without drawing too much attention to himself. The Spy can be killed by the Assassin, thus taking away his best line of defense.

Depending on the number of people remaining when the Assassin is executed, I may turn the Spy into a Super Spy - who becomes the Assassin when the real assassin is killed. Of course, this won't happen if they've already been bumped off.

I have removed the Warlord role for a few reasons but mostly because I really had no idea what to do with it, whoever got the role didn't know how to play it and the assassins didn't know how to use them.

THERE IS A TIME LIMIT OF 48 HORUS ON EVERYTHING.
I cannot stress this enough.

In Phase 1, should 48 hours pass and a Role Holder has not responded, that person will be kicked from the game and another person messaged to take their place.

In Phase 2, should 48 hours pass after an accusation has been made, with no new accusations, I will PM the Assassin and he/she will strike again.

In Phase 3, should 48 hours pass after a vote and there is no clear majority, and no players change their votes, I will declare both of the accused innocent, and execute one of the people who haven't voted at random.

If you are killed, you can no longer post accusations, votes, or even guesswork on who the assassin is. Dead men tell no tales. You can still post in the thread, but try and keep things to a minimum. Go haunt somebody. :D

Same goes for the roleplay. We are in a storyline environment - so go places, have fun, just like you would in real life. Just don't make MASSIVE roleplay posts, or swamp the thread in roleplay. Otherwise it makes it kind of hard to find important posts.

But most importantly... HAVE FUN!

The official explanation: I was running out of time to post in the thread due to my GCSEs coming up, and now my time MAY be limited due to my A-Levels, but I am finding myself with time to spare often, so I should have some more time now.

I would have posted this on the day, but in the rush, I forgot... and even then the forum wouldn't let me post it. In the roles section there were originally five roles with me filling one of them... but for some bizarre reason something about that paragraph broke the sever every time it was used. So I hope you all had a happy Christmas, and consider this a late present from me. :)

Dittoman97

Piplup?
Count me in!

1.EeveeandKirliafan
2.Mitchlord
3.Dittoman97

I played before, but I got bored. I'll try it again though!

1.EeveeandKirliafan
2.Mitchlord
3.Dittoman97
4.Electivire Addict

1.EeveeandKirliafan
2.Mitchlord
3.Dittoman97
4.Electivire Addict
5.Master Blastoise

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
1.EeveeandKirliafan
2.Mitchlord
3.Dittoman97
4.Electivire Addict
5.Master Blastoise
13. surfer treecko

I just wanted number 13, 'kay?

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
YES! YES! OH YES!
1.EeveeandKirliafan
2.Mitchlord
3.Dittoman97
4.Electivire Addict
5.Master Blastoise
6.Sharpedo Boy
13. surfer treecko

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
The return of awesome...

1.EeveeandKirliafan
2.Mitchlord
3.Dittoman97
4.Electivire Addict
5.Master Blastoise
6.Sharpedo Boy
7. ground tamer
13. surfer treecko

UltaFlame

I'm weird accept it
1.EeveeandKirliafan
2.Mitchlord
3.Dittoman97
4.Electivire Addict
5.Master Blastoise
6.Sharpedo Boy
7. ground tamer
8. Chihaya 01
13. surfer treecko
15. UltaFlame

YAYYYYYYYY this game is BACK!

... >.> it aint the same without Kinrah.

stinks, though, that I can't continue my storyliney thingy :/ I'll still have Espe, and I'll reopen the PokeShop. and I has me lab still, cept, it goes back to its original use of being a development-style place for the PokeShop.

but... YAY! Pallet Town Assassin's Back!

DarkerShining

Yeah, it's good to have this game back...

Hey, Kinrah? Do you remember who were the key persons in the last round you hosted? I still don't know who the assassin who tried to sacrifice me to the Linoone was...

UltaFlame

I'm weird accept it
oh yeah, that'd be nice to know.

cursed Serebii Forums, the lag barely let me respond to Eevee's message telling me this was open, AND THEN, it had the Gall to just go blank. like, with an error message saying 'can't access now, try later' not in those words.

rotrum

Ice Cold
1.EeveeandKirliafan
2.Mitchlord
3.Dittoman97
4.Electivire Addict
5.Master Blastoise
6.Sharpedo Boy
7. ground tamer
8. Chihaya 01
10. Rotrum
13. surfer treecko