• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PalletShipping Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?!?!
You don't read the manga anymore?!?!?
Why not?!
It's like the best thing ever!
So many shipping hints! -shot-

YAAAY COOKIES.
I LOVE COOKIES.

Hmm.... that'd make an interesting fic too... I've yet to see one where Gary actually has to go chase Ash. I call this one! XD It'll be my 2nd!

I think Ash would probably pick battling without a second thought. It's his dream and everything. If he gave that up I would cry.
But then every time he goes to a Pokemon league battle he'll be reminded of his former rival Gary....
Gary would probably pick research over Ash too, but he'd lurk around in the shadows, doing his research near Ash. That way he can also get a binocular and watch Ash change his clothes every night. -shot-

On a side note....
Congratulations to Tadashi and everyone else!!!
The thread hit 10000 views!
This is an amazing milestone for Palletshipping and all our hard work.
YEAH!
WE ROCK.
-Cyber High Five-

Last edited:

Emerald_Infectiion

Little Big Dreamer
What?!?!
You don't read the manga anymore?!?!?
Why not?!
It's like the best thing ever!
So many shipping hints! -shot-

Dude! I said I don't read many mangas! XDD
I'm still reading Pokémon Special! XP

Hmm.... that'd make an interesting fic too... I've yet to see one where Gary actually has to go chase Ash. I call this one! XD It'll be my 2nd!

Ahahaha!!! I just finished that other one for you, so I'm free to start writing this one BEFORE YOU! XDDD!
... no, no, I won't.
I'll help ya, if y'want. XD

I can totally see Gary walking around in his lab coat (HOTNESS!!! X333) in the crowd, but the moment Ash looks in his direction, he hides behind a plant.
... AHAHAHAHA!!! I can SEE IT! That'd make an awesome episode! XDD
Gary's a stalker~ Gary's a stalker~! *bricked*

Yaaay!! The thread's gone higher up in the replies! Blaha!
--highfive-- 8D

Emerald_Infectiion;9548915 I can totally see Gary walking around in his lab coat (HOTNESS!!! X333) in the crowd said:
Gary's a stalker~ Gary's a stalker~! *bricked*[/s]

I think we should get less fanfic and more actual discussion XD.
Or else Tadashi-san will come in here with a sledgehammer and go Misty on us! -shot-

Anyway.
Perhaps Gary is a stalker!
In Sinnoh especially. I always wonder how Gary always "happens to be there" at just the right time.

I find it very strange that when Gligar needed some special training, Gary, the only one who knows what to do, just happened to be there. With the fang. How strange is that?
Maybe Gary's secretly stalking Ash and looking over him like a parent....
Awww!!
He's the best. X333

Emerald_Infectiion

Little Big Dreamer
Like a parent? Wtfno! XD
Like an overprotective stalker-lover who doesn't trust Brock or Dawn to keep Ash safe, even though Brock's been with him since the beginning of his journey.
... WAIT! Gary's watching Brock especially closely in case Bouldershipping becomes a factor.
X___x
... and JUST before it happens, Gary shows up in the show to bring happiness to the Palletshippers! >D BLAHAHA!

... I recently stumbled across some Palletshipping Doujinshi, but I noticed something in EVERY ONE of them...

Why is Ash depicted as a LoliShota?
I'll admit that he's adorable, but in contrast, they make Gary SO much taller & mature/older-looking! :/

URL to Doujin place! --> http://gongaga.com/dojin/dojin_pokemon.htm
It's all Palletshipping with a random Bouldership at the bottom. o_O;
... I was mildly shocked.

WHOA.
STOP RIGHT THERE.
Ash and Brock?!
No way, Brock isn't hot enough! -shot-

WHOA!
Gary is such a creeper!
LOL I feel sooo bad for Ash.
Imagine what you'd feel like if you found out someone was stalking you.... recording your every move.... following you everywhere.... I wonder what Gary does when Ash goes to shower.... Probably some very intense stuff.... -shot again-
AHHH! This is too much to think about! -Can't handle it! :[-

But seriously though, anyone else notice how Ash is staring at Gary in like every single frame of every single Gary episode? Sometimes, when they get REALLLLYY close, I wish they'd just have this long stare and blush a little bit... but every single time Gary just makes a witty remark and leaves! GUHH!!! -seppuku-

Whoaaa Emerald!
Nice Doujin you found!
Although the age difference is getting a bit creepy....
But they're still good!
Especially the one where Gary's sick and in Ash's lap (WHOA. TOTAL FANFIC REVERSE DEJA VU).

The way I see it:

We have two characters totally, utterly despising each other (to a certain extant), who happen to be on the same show. They go neck to neck with each other, but it's secretly a facade for their burning, secret passion for each other. The mere acknowledgment of this unholy union is enough to cause an implosion in the cerebral cortex, destroying all higher brain functions, akin to dividing by zero. This is but one of many examples of the infamous Rule 34; a plague, a pestilence that needs to be purged from the deep, putrid bowels of the internet via the all-powerful laxative known as the Final Solution.

An hero is in the making: so i herd u liek shota?

Ahem.
Why post in the thread if you're just going to bash the ship?
Nobody is forcing you to support the ship, but you should accept the fact that there are people who do. You shouldn't bash them because of what they do or don't like.

Anyway, why do you think they despise each other?
It is clear that they just engage in friendly competition, and during and since the end of Season 5, they've become close friends.

And please don't associate Hitler with Palletshipping in any way. Not only is that an insult to Palletshippers' self esteem, but also to humanity in general.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Frost Nova, enjoy your permanent ban from my thread. Congrats on being the first! :D

Also, as I've asked before, please keep your discussion limited to the pairing,

Moving onto some better news and happier topics, yes?

Thanks for your caps, Legerdemain ^^ I'm impressed that you dug up so many, but, uh, there are some that aren't really about PalletShipping, and more about fanning over Ash. I'll be sure to add the relevant ones into the first post!

Emerald Infectiion, thanks for the Doujin page ^^ I'll have to check it out more in depth sometime.

And thanks, C.Gholy for the fanart ^^ I'll add that to the first post, too!

Legerdemain said:
On a side note....
Congratulations to Tadashi and everyone else!!!
The thread hit 10000 views!
This is an amazing milestone for Palletshipping and all our hard work.
YEAH!
WE ROCK.
-Cyber High Five-

Yay us! We'll just keep getting better! :D

Well guys, I haven't made any screenshots yet. I am just shameful. But, I come bearing the link to a PalletShipping one-shot that I made in honor of April Fool's Day ^_^ It's the most I've written in a while, so if anyone wants to check it out, please do~

Here's the link: I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good

And now, to answer a topic ^^

Ash and Gary love each other, but what if they can't stay together? What if Ash has to choose between battling and Gary? Similarly, what if Gary has to choose between researching and Ash? What do you think's gonna happen?

I love this topic =)

Well now, I think that the both of them would have to do some deep soul searching, to decide what truly matters in their lives. I can imagine that the both of them would have a very difficult time deciding what they want to set aside. After all, Ash's dream has been very close to his heart. And while Gary hasn't been a researcher for very long, he has known Ash for many, many years, thus making his decision tough.

Then I wonder why we can't have the best of both worlds. If, let's say, they decide to pursue a relationship a few years down the road, that wouldn't necessarily be terrible, would it? If they kept up with their goals, and set the concept of a relationship aside, it would give them a chance to mature, and learn what they want out of life.

I honestly can't see Ash ditching his goal of being a Master just to hang around Gary all the time. If'n I knows my Ash, he's the kind of kid that always has to keep moving onto the next adventure, and right now, he isn't ready to settle down or abandon his journey just yet. As I said, Gary hasn't been a researcher for a long time, but he has yet to really unlock his potential at his job. Let him have a taste at researcher success for a bit, or at least a chance to really get involved with his work. If he's got so much untapped potential, why throw away any possible chances at success by shacking up with Ash?

tl;dr: I can see them settling a few years down the road, but as of this very moment, neither one is going to abandon their goals for each other.

*dusts her hands* God bless the walls o' text, eh?

And now, for another topic, as we really need one:

What kind of evidence/example would you give to someone who doesn't support PalletShipping? How would this piece of information help them understand the appeal of the ship?

I know, an actual puzzler. It can be anything: fanart, fanfic, screenshot, whatever you like. I want to know what piece of information that you think represents PalletShipping, and would be a strong piece of evidence in favor of the ship.

I'll answer this another day XD

Keep up the discussion, guys ^^ We shall prevail!

csisps_26

Roark <3
Nooooo, where have I been? xD

What kind of evidence/example would you give to someone who doesn't support PalletShipping? How would this piece of information help them understand the appeal of the ship?
Screenshots, mostly. ESPECIALLY the scene where Ash carries Gary. =P 2nd option would be fan art, of course. Then non-supporters can see the love/friendship/relationship between them. ^_^

Tadashi said:
Well guys, I haven't made any screenshots yet. I am just shameful. But, I come bearing the link to a PalletShipping one-shot that I made in honor of April Fool's Day ^_^ It's the most I've written in a while, so if anyone wants to check it out, please do~

Here's the link: I Solemnly Swear I Am Up To No Good

Ahahaha that is the funniest Palletshipping fic ever! Seriously, I love the way you write.

Tadashi said:
I love this topic =)

Well now, I think that the both of them would have to do some deep soul searching, to decide what truly matters in their lives. I can imagine that the both of them would have a very difficult time deciding what they want to set aside. After all, Ash's dream has been very close to his heart. And while Gary hasn't been a researcher for very long, he has known Ash for many, many years, thus making his decision tough.

Then I wonder why we can't have the best of both worlds. If, let's say, they decide to pursue a relationship a few years down the road, that wouldn't necessarily be terrible, would it? If they kept up with their goals, and set the concept of a relationship aside, it would give them a chance to mature, and learn what they want out of life.

I honestly can't see Ash ditching his goal of being a Master just to hang around Gary all the time. If'n I knows my Ash, he's the kind of kid that always has to keep moving onto the next adventure, and right now, he isn't ready to settle down or abandon his journey just yet. As I said, Gary hasn't been a researcher for a long time, but he has yet to really unlock his potential at his job. Let him have a taste at researcher success for a bit, or at least a chance to really get involved with his work. If he's got so much untapped potential, why throw away any possible chances at success by shacking up with Ash?

tl;dr: I can see them settling a few years down the road, but as of this very moment, neither one is going to abandon their goals for each other.

You like the topic? -gasp- I'm not a complete failure? -double gasp-

All that you just said, being apart and everything, and yet they still love each other! It really amazes me, the seemingly infinite compassion they have. Usually, people, especially teenagers, move from one crush to another very quickly; even more so when they're apart and pass a ton of time that way. If it were anyone else, they would've long forgotten their feelings. But no! Not Ash and Gary! They have the same passionate look in their eyes every time they meet, even after years of not seeing one another (Hoenn). Ash bases every new journey of his on Gary's whereabouts. Johto and maybe even Hoenn are understandable, but Sinnoh too?! If Gary were any other friend, Ash and said other friend would not be nearly as close; certainly not close enough for Ash to go to Sinnoh because he/she is going there too.

Take Misty, for example. She basically just went "poof" after they kicked her out. The same goes for Tracey, Ritchie, Max, and May. I wouldn't be surprised if the same fate befalls upon Brock if they ever kick him out too.
What do we ever see of these old characters?
The girls got 1 or 2 episodes in the next region, but that's the end. I remember the fish lure from Misty and a videophone call to Tracey, but that seems to be all there is. They don't even make an appearance!

Oh but not Gary! He can't die out! Even after the entire Hoenn Saga (correct me if I'm wrong, but I seriously don't remember him appearing in Hoenn), he still remembers and misses Ash and sends him a postcard! He, unlike the others, makes an actual appearance, and when they met, none of their lust friendship seemed faded. Ash then goes to Sinnoh, again because Gary is going there.

The fact that Ash originally based his traveling (and also most important) decisions on Gary and the fact that it hasn't changed in all these years can only mean 1 thing: Gary has been, and still is, the person worth the most to him.
I mean, you don't see Ash going along with any of his other friends. Only Gary!!

Wow I sound like a complete retard. I'm probably gonna get an infraction for posting retard onto the forum.

On the other hand, has anyone noticed how in Gary episodes, he never seems to be able to look at Ash for long? He's always looking away, saluting his fangirls, or winking. Maybe because he's scared he'll get a -cough- harden -ahem- giant red blush?

Time to answer a topic!

Okay yeah.... I just sort of wrote 1/2 an essay on this (which will probably get a flat F if my English teacher sees it), but for fanart....
Pallet - Swimming by ~Endless-Summer181 is pretty cool. I like how Ash is reaaallllyyy tense at Gary's touch and how the shading in Ash's pants is especially dark.... hmm.... -bricked-

I also like, no, looooove Lost the Bet by Shigerugal.
I still can't get over how cute they look. Someday I want to draw like that.
Other comments aside, just click on the link. Need I say more?

csisps_26 said:
ESPECIALLY the scene where Ash carries Gary.
Haha I know right?! That scene was priceless! It alone made me laugh for 5 whole minutes. XDDD -wipes away a tear-
Love your profile picture by the way.

Man it's late! Past midnight already!
-yawn-
Going to sleep now!
In Gary's words, "smell ya later!"

Last edited:
Hi guys =D

everyone: who are you?
Me: *slaps self in face*
sorry, I lurk more than I post.
*gets on topic*

Ash and Gary love each other, but what if they can't stay together? What if Ash has to choose between battling and Gary? Similarly, what if Gary has to choose between researching and Ash? What do you think's gonna happen?

Ooh, a toughie.
Sadly, I think Ash would choose to keep battleing, he has got to make his dreams come true, its his mission in life.
Gary, Would think about it long and hard but then relize they could not be together
I expect they would tearfully say good bye at least untill the future draws them together again for a greater purpose.

Wow XD I've gone all sad soppy love story on you guys, sorry. I'm not useually like this. *DAMMM YOU ROMANCE ANIME*

Buuuuut whats a post without a new topic~

If ash and gary end up together, what dose the future hold for them?

~I'll answer later~

~till then my friends~

TheLadyYuki

Starseeker
Make way, newbie coming through!

*stumbles into the thread* Hi, everybody! *shy wave* I'm gonna be making myself at home among you guys, hope you don't mind. I mean, I'm sure you won't, but feel free to yell if you don't like me. ^_^

Anyways, call me Yuki. Or Lady Yuki. Or even just plain Yu. Whatever floats your boat, yep!

I was into Pokemon years ago, around when it first started. And the main reason is because of Gary. I don't know why; this was back in the days when he was just this spiky-haired prissy little know-it-all rich boy who you just wanted to punt across the room like an overinflated football. (Not that I'm trying to tempt anyone to try to DRAW such a scene, heavens no!). But... there was definitely something attractive about him even back then. If only just his looks. I even found his voice to be really hard to listen to (Apologies to Mr. Zoppi; I have tons of respect for VAs, especially those who dub anime into English!).

So what got me into Palletshipping? Well, the episode title starts with "Battle" and ends with "Badge." It was one thing, watching Gary encounter Mewtwo for the first time and actually having FEAR (also for probably the first time). But then later on when I saw Ash actually lifting Gary into his arms to wake him up, my world kind of exploded. It was just really interesting how Ash responded that way to someone who kept trying to make him feel worthless (or at least acted that way). And...OK, seeing Gary unconscious for five seconds was a guilty pleasure, too. :D *shot* So after that, the idea of them at least being better friends just seemed very appealing to me. I wasn't even a "shipper" for any fandom, but I started looking for fanfics and such emphasizing on the subject of Ash and Gary (and their various other incarnates). Then I stumbled across ChaosRocket's site, "Reason to Believe", and went "OH HELL YES." And here I am.

Anyways, I ramble sometimes. Sorry ^_^ To make up for it, I bring gifts!

HTML:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4926272/1/Memory_from_a_Dream

HTML:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4952820/1/While_He_Was_Sleeping

I also have two topic ideas, but I'll wait until later for those since one was just introduced, unless someone tells me I don't have to. Ciao for now!

Last edited:

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
:eek: why so many walls of text that I can't climb over?

Hmmm....I think that if they really loved each other, they would give up anything to be together...*happy lovie dovie moment* It would be easier for Gary than Ash, I think, as Ash kinda exists to battle....so maybe he'd be all "I'm sorry Gary but I exist to battle" then after about two days...or an hour...he'd come crying back, pleading for Gary to take him back, sobbing that he is sorry and he doesn't know how he could ever do that to his love. =D

*ahem* anyway....

If ash and gary end up together, what dose the future hold for them?

uh uh uh....The future holds a big yellow house with a big back yard for two little girls to run around in freely. :D With a big kitchen for Ash to cook in in his maid outfit, and....um...that's it?

[/badanswer]

~riolulu

Yay Nightning's back!!
Welcome backkk XDDDD

Looks like me gots myself a topic to answer!
If Ash and Gary end up together, what does the future hold for them?
Well, obviously, they'd sex it up every night -shot-
Okay, seriously now. -puts on serious face- ..... -bursts out in laughter-
They'd probably run into a few problems.
Some people probably wouldn't approve. Especially the ones who have a crush on Ash already -cough- Ritchie/Misty/May/Dawn -ahem-.
Maybe they'd come up with an evil plan to eliminate Gary! -GASSSSPPPPP-

But once Ash finds out, he'll give them one of his infamous friendship, faith, and love speeches and they'd finally realize there's nothing they can do but accept Ash and Gary.

Of course then they'd sex it up every night.

~~~
HAI YUKI!!!!
WELCOME TO THE THREAD!!!
I LOVE YOUR POST!
Although I haven't seen 1st or 2nd Generation yet, I can feel the excitement in you!
-must go watch Battle of the Badge now! D:-
I saw the Palletshipping part on an AMV; it was an amazing scene, when Ash held Gary. Especially since Gary was unconscious.
Ash was probably all like "HELL YES THIS IS MY CHANCE!"
Awww!!! x333 So cuuuute!!!! I can't stand it!

Your fanfics....
<3333!!!!!!!
Especially the second one!!
You portrayed Gary so perfectly!
I actually felt bad for him and Umbreon!
And the similes and metaphors.... Genius!
Keep it up, you'll be a great writer!

And please share your topics!
We can never have enough of those x3

~~~
What's this?
The legendary Riolulu??! (cute name btw)
Welcome bacckkkk!!! -hugz-

riolulu said:
Hmmm....I think that if they really loved each other, they would give up anything to be together...*happy lovie dovie moment* It would be easier for Gary than Ash, I think, as Ash kinda exists to battle....so maybe he'd be all "I'm sorry Gary but I exist to battle" then after about two days...or an hour...he'd come crying back, pleading for Gary to take him back, sobbing that he is sorry and he doesn't know how he could ever do that to his love. =D

And Gary.... He'd probably be crushed when Ash leaves him for battling, but part of him knows it has to be this way. Ash's whole future is at stake, and Gary needs to continue his research as well. Maybe someday in the future they'll settle down.
But I honestly can't imagine Ash settling down. At all.
He'll always be busy traveling, catching new Pokemon, and exploring new regions. But since he always goes where Gary goes, he's sort of indirectly chasing after Gary.... Hmm.... Interesting. xD

But I guess once Gary finishes his research, he'll find Ash and stay with him for a while. Maybe even for an entire region!
Wouldn't that be a dream come true....
I wonder what they'll do... at night..... -bricked-
And I suppose this is part 2 of my answer to Nightning's topic as well?

~~~
That's all for now!
Happy Easter everybody!!
Golden PikaEggs to you all!

Last edited:

TheLadyYuki

Starseeker
Aw, thank you Legerdemain! *hugs* Those are the first two fics I ever wrote for any fandom, so they mean a lot to me ^_^ I don't write much, but I've got a small streak going now...I'm slowly working on a third story that will have a bit more action between Gary and Ash, if i can get the scene to work right and not be too awkward. (No, it's not a lemon, btw...not ready for those yet). And yes, if you are a Palletshipper, you NEED to watch Battle of the Badge :D

OK, on to my topics:

My first one is inspiried by something Emerald posted a while back, asking what Gary would do if Ash was sick. I actually got in touch with her outside the forum about this, but I hope she doesn't mind if I ask it here as well. So, what do you think Ash would do if Gary was sick?

Second topic: What direction do you think the anime would have gone in if Gary had decided to travel with Ash instead of becoming a researcher?

And one more just in case that last one was touched on already: How would they celebrate Easter?

And I originally had a lot more to say, but when I tried to reply earlier, my Internet went down and I lost everything I'd typed. >.< So I'm retyping by memory. Hope y'all had a good day! Ciao for now!

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Hey, another newbie ^^ Welcome to the thread, TheLadyYuki. Always nice to have new fans~ Also, thanks for the fanfic links ^_^ I'll add them to the first post!

Legerdemain said:
Ahahaha that is the funniest Palletshipping fic ever! Seriously, I love the way you write.

Ah, thanks ^_^ It's always nice to see someone who appreciates my work.

I've dug up some nice, summery fanart for us all to enjoy ^_^ Summer is coming, everyone! :D

Swimming by Endless-Summer on DA

At the Beach by =stardroidjean on DA

Kiss Kiss
Credit to this user on pixiv

Time for topics now, yeah?

I think that the future holds a mix of good times and bad times, just like any other couple's future. There's bound to be a few fights here and there, some light and some a bit more serious, but they'd end up reconciling somehow ^^

But if we're talking about, say, acceptance from family/friends in the future, then I do think that all of Ash's friends will accept them ^^ They're true friends, and those are the people who will like you no matter who you are.

And I'll answer LadyYuki's new topics later, when I'm not as braindead. And, uh, my topic ^_^

Okay guys, next time I come around, I'm bringing some caps with me. They're in the process of being completed - I'm doing two episodes at once. Isn't it exciting? Later days!

TheLadyYuki

Starseeker
Thanks for the warm welcome, Tadashi! ^_^ Yeah, I'm glad summer is coming. I don't like the cold...

And those fanarts are adorable! Especially Kiss Kiss. I wish I could draw like that. I do draw, but I'm nowhere near that good yet :D

I'll try my hand at answering a topic, then. Lemme see...

Hmm... This is a tough one. They're not pursuing the same goal anymore, so they'd have to juggle a bit to make everything work...but they totally would. Somehow. Maybe Gary could figure out a way to successfully be both a trainer and a researcher. It'd be a hell of a workload and he'd probably stress more often, but Ash would help with that ^_~
As for maybe ten years in the future? Well, they'd still be together, having endured many trials and tribulations but still coming through for their dreams and each other. I see them living in a nice big house eerily similar to Professor Oak's lab, in whatever region the games and anime finish in(assuming they ever do finish...). Or maybe Gary would actually inherit the lab from his grandfather (I think I like that idea better, seems more likely) and they work hard to expand it, while Ash is Gym Leader of Viridian. Pikachu would also be added to the list of starter Pokemon available in Pallet Town. And the anime would wrap up with their (adopted) kids, a twin boy and girl, setting off on their own journeys...Well, it would end that way if I controlled it ^_^ Ciao for now!

Last edited:

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
Umm, I'm back! Oooh, lots of activity here.

Two scenarios come to mind:

1) Ash and Gary become multibillionaires because of their training and research exploits. Book and merchandise deals galore. They go travel all around the world, researching, battling, being good role models, etc. Their philanthropy to many worthy causes protecting endangered, displaced, and orphaned Pokemon brings them great renown. Despite all of this fame, they still hold true to their roots and each other.

2) They get tired of the fame and glory and retire to some quaint, secluded villa and make out and do other stuff like rabbits enjoy each other's company and start a family. They would decide to have two children after Ash gets pregnant WOOOO M-PREG! and adopt a son and daughter.

OMG.
I SWEAR.
I TOTALLY POSTED ALREADY!! WTF?

Great, now to re-type everything from memory and make it sound 1000x more fail than it already is.

Here goes!
what do you think Ash would do if Gary was sick?
I knew this was coming! x33
So I'm going to assume they just randomly run into each other as they always do.
But Gary's sick and all, so he's pretty weak. He doesn't show it though, since he wants to look really strong in front of Ash so Ash can admire his hotness.
Ash, however, notices Gary's sick, because there's not a single detail he doesn't know about when it comes to Gary. x3333
But! He doesn't say anything about it because he knows Gary doesn't want Brock and Dawn to be worried nor does he want to be the center of all that attention.
-fast forward-
-nighttime! woooooot!-
So. Ash and Gary are having a little alone time (teehee!)-shot-, reminiscing about their childhood.
They're lying next to each other on the grass next to a lake; the sky is clear, and there's a full moon and plenty of stars.
The lake is full of Luvdisc, and there's a gentle breeze, which makes Gary's hair flutter.
Ash finds that very hot.

They keep talking about their childhood, and gets into this giant trance of feelings for each other. Their hidden love for each other here becomes almost unbearable.
They look at the moon, and then at each other, and both start blushing.
Even though the night masks the blush, they both know now that the other returns their feelings. They lean in to kiss, and Gary becomes too sick and collapses in Ash's arms.
-insert imagination here-

Ugh... I swear that sounded so much better the first time.

How would they celebrate Easter?
Well.
They would be back in Pallet Town, having an Easter egg hunt.
It would be a nice day, a few clouds here and there, and a slight breeze.
The egg is hidden somewhere in tall grass, and since they're rivals and all, they find it at the same time.
They charge at it together, and Ash, being the hothead, launches himself into Gary and they roll down the hill (LOLOLOLOL -shot-).
Of course Gary ends up on top and ahem.... things proceed accordingly. -double shot-

Gary had decided to travel with Ash instead of becoming a researcher?
I'll get back to this later, ok?
Way too much critical analysis for English ._.

All right seeya~!

Shinnie-tan

*sneaks into the thread like a super ninja* Hello everyone! I'm Shinnie...and uh, obviously, I'm a palletshipper! I'm not quite sure how I got into this pairing - I was far too young to comprehend the idea of homosexual relationships when I first saw "Battle of the Badge" after all but I do know that rewatching old episodes helped cement my love for it--- "Extreme Pokemon" in particular.

...what? Don't look at me like that Dx. Re-watching Battle of the Badge may have ping'd me into the pairing but Extreme Pokemon was what really got me into it. It cemented a lot of ideas about the palletshipping dynamics--especially the idea that they were genuinely friends before whatever happened that made them rivals. I thought their banter was really cute and it was sure proof that their rivalry lacked the animosity seen in rivalries in other manga/anime but at the same time, had enough firepower to truly drive those two to all new levels and abilities.

Gary had decided to travel with Ash instead of becoming a researcher?

I imagine it'd end up a bit like The Electric Tale of Pikachu, except Brock/May/Max/Dawn might be there to play peacekeeper to keep the fights from exploding all over the place. They'd probably have fun with each other(NOT IN THAT WAY), help each other train to higher levels(though I imagine some of the left over rivalry would erupt again since if Gary decided not to become a researcher, he'd still be training--or he could become a field researcher like Professor Birch and decide that since Ash runs into all these interesting pokemon and events, tagging along with him would be the best thing to do) and I think, develop different dynamics and get a long better and understand each other more than they already do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.