• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PalletShipping Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald_Infectiion

Little Big Dreamer
Nya? Gary winks at Ash, like, every time they meet up in the 1st Season. XD
Of course, not so much in Johto, but in Kanto, Gary was so arrogant that it was almost an automatic thing for him to do. XD

All y'gotta do is look for episodes where Gary shows up and stare at him when he appears; he'll wink at least once.

... CPR? Golly, that brings suggestive things to mind. -shot-
Hmm... I can't see Ash willingly allowing Gary to practice CPR on him. Lots of thrashing and trying to get out of the situation...
But then Gary eventually talks him into it, and Ash lies down and blushes brightly. XDD!

... DARN IT! Now I wanna write that! XDDD

Pom Pom

After watching a few episodes, I realized that there are a lot of hints that I never noticed. I am not 100% convinced about them having a relationship. When they make goggle eyes at eachother and blush than I will believe it ;)

On an unrelated note, do any guys post here?

I absolutely adore Palletshipping. It's my second favorite of all Pokemon ships. XD I just find it to be so adorable and, even if there isn't much chance of it actually happening in the show, (Darn people keeping guyXguy relationships out of kids cartoons. DX -shakesfist at them-) I still ship it happily. XD At least we have fanfiction. :0

- Who would be dominant?
Gary. Absolutely Gary. XD Ash would like to think he was the dominant one, but let's face it, it's gotta be Gary. XD They'd still be rivals even in a relationship. How epic. 8D

- Which is better? Jerk Gary x Ash or Nice Gary x Ash? WHY?
Hmmm, this is a tough one. Jerk Gary x Ash would be much more entertaining and amusing, yes, but Nice Gary x Ash would make for more fluff and sweetness. Ohdear. Lulz or snuggles?! D: I suppose I'd prefer Jerk Gary x Ash, though, because... Well I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. Ash's reactions to Gary would be PRICELESS XD

- What made you become a PalletShipper?
Actually, it was an insanely adorable piece of fanart I stumbled across. I ended up searching it, found out it was called "Palletshipping", read some fanfictions, and declared it one of the most hilarious and adorable ships I had discovered, and that is how I became a palletshipper. XD

- What song, if any, reminds you of PalletShipping?
Oooh, so many. XD I could give you a million, but I'll settle for my two favorites.
Know The Enemy - Green Day Most of the lyrics don't seem to fit if you don't listen to the actual song, but something about the attitude of the song just screams PALLETSHIPPING at me. XD
Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon A kinda... more angsty song for GaryXAsh, but I saw an AMV using this song for the pairing and fell in love with it. And now when I hear it, I see Palletshipping. XD

Shinnie-tan

- What song, if any, reminds you of PalletShipping?

I don't know one particular song for the ship in general but for Gary ---> Ash, there's "Incredible" by Darius Danesh, which fits what Gary feels for Ash perfectly. Mainly because I watched this amazing AMV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDAWtstUUpI&feature=related which had the song. 8D

Oooh, that song really does fit. :0

I found this AMV with the song I Hate Everything About You by Three Days Grace, and I really enjoyed it. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-2loJvK59M&feature=channel_page

And here's the AMV with the song Everything You Want, the one I mentioned before. It's really quite good, I liked the way they had fanart at the first few seconds in the beginning and the last few at the end, and clips throughout the rest of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_GrbSA9eRY&feature=channel_page

I-Heart-Richie

So I STILL don't know how to multi-quote using the special multi-quote button for these threads even though I've been here for almost a year now, :/ LoL

But to ShadowLatias and Shinnie-tan thanks for posting some Palletshipping AMV's, :) And to promote my own one, if you haven't checked out the video in my siggy, it's a Palletshipping and Leagueshipping video to the song Everything You Want by Vertical Horizon. (The two singing the song would be Gary and Richie, the 'you' would be Ash)

Now I know I'm like 10 years late on this, but for that CPR I just realised that the whole time I was actually thinking about the Heimlich maneuver.... :/ So this, is what I think on the topic of the Heimlich maneuver and Ash/Gary:

At first I thought "Ash would definately go and help Gary since Ash is so hands-on especially when it concerns Gary" (take 'The Battle Of The Badge' as an example since at that time Ash and Gary still "hated" each other.) But then I thought "Ash would totally be shoveling too much food down when he accidently starts to choke thus causing Gary to save him." This theory is especially backed up since Ash has almost near-died like ten times already in the series/movies and as weird as this sounds Gary just doesn't seem like the type to choke on his food or whatever. (even though yes I know, there is no "type" when it comes to choking, but I think you all get where I'm going to this) So as I tried to figure which one it would be, I've finally decided to leave it at that, and give two answers, LoL.

And as far as CPR goes...hmmm. Maybe Gary finally tells Ash how he feels and Ash goes into shock and Gary has to save him with CPR.

OR Ash and Gary are on a mission to save a baby Pokemon and on the way there they have to cross a river, so they make a make-shift boat get into it and sail away only to be caught in a storm and get thrown around. During the storm Gary gets thrown over, and when Ash is finally able to save him he has to give him CPR because Gary isn't breathing......

TheLadyYuki

Starseeker
I'm alive too! I told myself I wouldn't post here again until I finished my rain-themed fanfic, but it's giving me a headache at the moment, so here I am.

Mwaha. I totally see Ash choking on his food. Especially if it was over something Gary said. Like, "So, Ashy, did you really have to wear a dress to get into Celadon Gym?" Then Ash would choke and Gary would feel guilty and the Heimlich ensues.

For the CPR thing, I love that second idea of yours, I-Heart-Richie^_^ It could be even more tense since Ash really doesn't know CPR (well, he doesn't seem like he would know, but you can't really judge that sort of thing either) , so when Gary finally wakes up and starts coughing up water, the ensuing relief might be enough to lead to a spur-of-the-moment glomp. Which would be adorable. :D

And yeah...that AMV with Three Days Grace is one of my personal favorite Palletshipping vids. I can't believe I didn't think to bring it up sooner. :O Here are a few others I liked, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b_Lu9jVNxM I liked the song here. Romantic, sweet and surprisingly fitting for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G01eoarZS7w&feature=related OK...so I like the song here too :)

All right, back to my fic. I will finish soon, I swear... >.<

Shinnie-tan

^ honestly, it doesn't seem like ANYONE in pokemon knows CPR, since all people have to do is shake the nearly-drowned person to wake 'em up. xDDD

Those AMVs are nice. It's awesome to hear some real romantic songs to go along with Palletshipping. I've been thinking of working on another Palletshipping fic, myself, but I'm out of ideas--the ones I come up with are waaay too corny or have been done before. /sigh

How would anyone like to do a mini-fic marathon for palletshipping right here? Someone gives a prompt and people try to write drabbles for it, as many as they can within the time limit or something. xD

Last edited:

Emerald_Infectiion

Little Big Dreamer
Wow... LoL!
Such great replies to the CPR topic! XDD
This thread is only getting more and more fun to read. XD
I LOVE YOU ALL! X3

... m'kay, anyway!
Does it really seem as though nobody in the show knows CPR? o_O;
I kinda just guessed that Brock knew. -shrug- Especially since he's the oldest the group; he'd have more experience with what's important to know, wouldn't he? :/

LOL! And with Professor Oak being Gary's grandfather, I'd also guess that he knows!
... Ash, not so much. XD

ZOMFG, Lady Yuki, I LOVE that little story for the "Heimlich maneuver"!
That's just... totally EPIC! XDD
I can totally see that! Especially the look on Gary's face when he asks, and then Ash choking spastically! XDDD!

... dunno what else to add in that's Palletshipping-related. :/
-poof-

TheLadyYuki

Starseeker
... m'kay, anyway!
Does it really seem as though nobody in the show knows CPR? o_O;
I kinda just guessed that Brock knew. -shrug- Especially since he's the oldest the group; he'd have more experience with what's important to know, wouldn't he? :/

LOL! And with Professor Oak being Gary's grandfather, I'd also guess that he knows!
... Ash, not so much. XD

ZOMFG, Lady Yuki, I LOVE that little story for the "Heimlich maneuver"!
That's just... totally EPIC! XDD
I can totally see that! Especially the look on Gary's face when he asks, and then Ash choking spastically! XDDD!

Oh, it'd make my day if that little scene actually happened on the show. Like, ever. :D

I am a little confused, though...what does Professor Oak being Gary's grandfather have to do with the fact that he'd probably know CPR? Or am I reading that sentence wrong? :/

How would anyone like to do a mini-fic marathon for palletshipping right here? Someone gives a prompt and people try to write drabbles for it, as many as they can within the time limit or something. xD

I like that idea! It's kinda similar to the "theme" topic that I-Heart-Richie suggested some posts back, but with a twist. And I'm always happy for ideas that keep this place from slowing down. :)

Last edited:

Shinnie-tan

Yay! xD Alright, so does anyone want to throw a prompt out there first, or should I do it?

Oh, and should there be a word limit? Or should we just go crazy with the mini-fic marathon and who cares about the word limit? xD and for the ones that are artists and not writers, maybe they can draw pictures for the marathon instead?

Last edited:

I-Heart-Richie

Awww the Palletshipping 'Right Here Waiting' is just too cute! And it completely fits since both boys travel so much even though we all know/they know that they're hearts belong to each other. <3

And to TheLadyYuki I think that Emerald_Infectiion meant that Prof. Oak should know CPR because he's an adult, and since Gary is his grandson he might have taught him how to do CPR too. :)

And I think this fic marathon idea, :)
I don't have any ideas about a prompt, but I'm thinking that just so everyone has a chance to participate, the prompt's should be vaild for a week. And I dunno about a word limit either, maybe it could be up to the author, or to the person who posts the prompt, or a word count could be like an extra bonus chalenge or something.....

Tadashi

kiss my greens
And I think this fic marathon idea, :)
I don't have any ideas about a prompt, but I'm thinking that just so everyone has a chance to participate, the prompt's should be vaild for a week. And I dunno about a word limit either, maybe it could be up to the author, or to the person who posts the prompt, or a word count could be like an extra bonus chalenge or something.....

No.

This isn't a drabble thread, or the Shipping fanfiction section. If you guys wanna do your own Pallet drabbles, in the drabble thread, or make your own Drabble Alphabet thread (such as the ones being done by Mel-Girl and Milotic17), that's entirely fine.

This thread is reserved exclusively for the discussion of the pairing. While yes, that includes providing links to appropriate AMV's, fics, and art, it doesn't mean I'm letting the thread be derailed because of it being turned into one big fanfiction dump.

Are we clear?

Shadow Latias & Lady Yuki, thanks for the awesome AMV's! 8D

I shall have to provide a few that I've found:

If You Could Pretend
This is just such a goofy song but I love it

Show Me Love

The Fine Line

K, I'm going back to my shadows now. One of these days, I'll have those Screencaps. Later days!

-sigh- Figured Tadashi would say no. oh well! Back to topic. Why don't we go over to some of the old ones. I never got to answer them.

Which is better? Jerk Gary x Ash or Nice Gary x Ash? WHY?
Jerk Gary. I fell in love with Jerk Gary. Nice Gary can make an appearance every now and then and besides, Jerk Gary is the one that winks! He's the one that get Ash all riled up. He's the one that adds the chemistry in their relationship!!!!!! So Jerk Gary for me!

What is your idea of a perfect "First Date" for Ash and Gary?
First, Ash wouldn't know that it's a date. It would start off as a simple dinner and they would take a walk afterwards talking about their dreams and how they were when they were kids. They Gary would steal kiss~ Whoohoo!!!!

TheLadyYuki

Starseeker
*fidgets uneasily* I'm not sure we're allowed to go over old topics either, actually. But I like those answers, slivershell. I do see Gary taking Ash out to dinner...if not as a date, then as a way to say "Hey, I was a jerk, I'm sorry, but I can't actually say sorry since it seems awkward." :)

And he'd just kinda sit back and smile as Ash goes through like three helpings of whatever they're serving... Yeah, I'm gonna stop before I get too carried away ^_^

Last edited:
Only three? Psh... make it five. And I just went went over the rules and didn't see anything about old topics.

He would eat Gary's plate too... Haha!!

Shinnie-tan

Ah, well alright then.

AND YEAH. Gary would so take Ash out on a date without telling Ash it was a date. It's so...him. 8D

and I actually think Nice Garyx Ash is better because even though he is now nicer than he was at the start of Kanto, Gary clearly respects Ash and gets along with them- yet, he still manages to rile Ash up by pressing all the right buttons. So yeah.

Um...new topic times, yes?

Gary and Ash are going out. But Ash doesn't know it. How long do you think it'll take Ash to realize it and how would Gary cleverly spin circles around Ash so Ash wouldn't realize it until they're so deep into their relationship that it he wouldn't care?

Last edited:

I-Heart-Richie

No.

This isn't a drabble thread, or the Shipping fanfiction section. If you guys wanna do your own Pallet drabbles, in the drabble thread, or make your own Drabble Alphabet thread (such as the ones being done by Mel-Girl and Milotic17), that's entirely fine.

This thread is reserved exclusively for the discussion of the pairing. While yes, that includes providing links to appropriate AMV's, fics, and art, it doesn't mean I'm letting the thread be derailed because of it being turned into one big fanfiction dump.

Are we clear?

Oh ok, sorry. :)

Alright to answer the new topic:

Gary and Ash are going out. But Ash doesn't know it. How long do you think it'll take Ash to realize it and how would Gary cleverly spin circles around Ash so Ash wouldn't realize it until they're so deep into their relationship that it he wouldn't care?

LoL, I love this!! Hmmm, I think it might take someone else to mention to Ash that he's going out with Gary. Like maybe Brock/one of the girls/Prof. Oak, but then at the same time I see him not believing them and wondering why they keep saying it, until maybe he asks Gary in front of them (and proceeds to get the shock of his life). And what do I think Gary would do....hmm, maybe he would take Ash to watch different Pokemon battles, help him practice for battles, take him out to dinners, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.