• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pandora's Tower

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Since that the game is coming out in Europe soon and that The Last Story is all ready out in Europe , This would make the perfect time to start talking about Pandora's Tower. It does though kinda make me want to see it be released in North Anerica since that they finally decided to release both Xenoblade and The Last Story just in the past few months. Though I do plan on buying once that it comes out in North America since I did support it to be released here in the first place.

But hey , Here's the official box art for the European game. I do like the fact that they kept the original black coloring for the box. Though the only thing that puzzles me is that it is now rated by the PEGI as 12 instead of 16. I do though hope that this wouldn't bring the same controversy as Dead or Alive : Dimensions when it was released in Australia.

Pandoras_Tower_Cover_Art.jpg

So who plans on buying this game ?

ForeverFlame

Black Wii boxart for the win. In my opinion it's the best box art out of the Trinity, though PEGI is really obnoxious. I don't know how people in the PAL region can handle it.

As for a North American release, I am pretty confident that it's going to come over. Even if Nintendo or Xseed don't go for it, someone else (like ATLUS or NIS) will realize that Pandora's Tower will fly off of the shelves.

natie

Mr. F
Black Wii boxart for the win. In my opinion it's the best box art out of the Trinity, though PEGI is really obnoxious. I don't know how people in the PAL region can handle it.

As for a North American release, I am pretty confident that it's going to come over. Even if Nintendo or Xseed don't go for it, someone else (like ATLUS or NIS) will realize that Pandora's Tower will fly off of the shelves.
I think you've never seen the USK stickers in Germany that take up like a quarter of the box. And they actually combine them with ESRB and whatever else they can think of.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I think you've never seen the USK stickers in Germany that take up like a quarter of the box. And they actually combine them with ESRB and whatever else they can think of.

This.

Anyway out of all the rpg, Pandora's Tower was the one that I was waiting the most for.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Honestly, I'm most interested in this out of the rainfall trio.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
^Eh, just as well. I honestly didn't think any would make the jump 'cross the pond. Then, when Xenoblade passed, I figured that would the end of it. Xenoblade did look most impressive, the others seemed but enigmas... I was really surprised when Last Story got through. But I think this is for real the end, that Nintendo has better things to do than continue to give into fan's demands when it has the Wii U coming up and a 3DS library to develop.

...Like, I don't know, making a decent Pokemon game for the 3DS...

C'mon, at first I took as mercy for the poor folk who couldn't afford a $250 device at launch, but now that I possess one, it hurts a teense. And now they're making another one, it really does seem high time...

Speaking of which, I wonder what awesome RPGs the Wii U will get...

...Back to Pandora's Tower... It got the lowest Famitsu score of the three Operation Rainfall games (31 out of 40) while The Last Story got 38 and XenoBlade 36 (according to Wikipedia, anyway). That could be because of any number of reasons, given that magazine's in blasted Japanese but it is something to consider. I don't think it's as big an issue as the others' translations...

Up to opinion, though, and mine so often is the exception...

ForeverFlame

From what I've seen, Pandora is probably the weakest link of the three (it's short and only has like three main characters). On the other hand, it has amazing dungeons, a beautiful soundtrack (not as epic as Xenoblade's or as subtle and serene as The Last Story's, but still very nice), multiple endings, an extremely dark premise, and the best character designs.

It also has the (obvious spoilers) best final boss. Xenoblade's was (again) epic, and The Last Story's was... odd, but Pandora's was very majestic. You don't really see last bosses like that in JRPGs.

natie

Mr. F
USK stickers in Germany
Well, they put that crap on the Limited Edition boxes of The Last Story everywhere in Europe as well. It completely ruins what would otherwise be great boxarts. Whoever invented USK should go die in a hole somewhere.