• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paper Mario: The Oblivion Portals - RP Thread

angrycaterpie

Gaze upon the slayer
Robert looked confused. "You said you needed an EGG right? An Experimental Gigantic Growth, right?"

Robert sighed, saying, "Ugh, you and the modern world these days with your eggs, or whatever!"

Robert watched as Boel phased in and out of the building and waited until he was back, replying, "I'm here because I found an anomaly that I could use to revive the X-Naut legacy. That way, nothing can stop me or the new X-Nauts. I plan on using these anomalies to get what I want, and I thought you were one of them, until my little detector went out of range."

Robert looked at his scanner and grunted, pulling out a new one. "That one you broke costed me plenty of hours. Hope you can phase me back CASH."

Robert sighs, pulling out his anomaly detector again, as it blipped to the East.

"Hmm, that's where Dry Dry Desert is. Perhaps there is one such anomaly there..."

--------------

General Guy grew angry at this powerful Hammer Bro and actually fired Bomb Shells at the ship, instead hoping to sink it and retrieve the treasure via claw.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij was absolutely speechless. The last thing he ever expected to see this far out of the Toy Box was the infamous General Guy. Last he heard, he was in self-imposed exile after loosing to some guy named Mario.

Daichi knocked away two Shy Guy's headed for him and the sudden danger broke him out of his trance. He quickly performed a special Shuffle Dance, moving his feet back and forth and spinning before pointing at Daichi.

"Daichi! I boosted your attack! Hit the tank!" he yelled. A yell coming from a Shy Guy was like a yell from a bug, more high pitched than loud.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"Odin's Hammer!" Beginning to charge up the blast, Daichi was ready to blast the tank out of the air. It seemed that it was too hard for him, but Daichi knew he could do it with enough power.

Meanwhile, Otto was backing away from the strange Koopa. "Stay away from me, you freak!"

The Koopa swam near him, ready to break into the window. "Save me! I, Kooper, must see Kolorado again!"

Then, the blast of Odin's Hammer soon went toward the tank. Increased by a ton of power, the blast was ready to destroy the tank . "Take that!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij watched as the tank was hit by Daichi's attack and plummeted into the water. The tank was still in good enough shape to float however.

General Guy emerged from the hatch. "You will pay for that!" he called. "You haven't seen the last of the great General Guy!"

With that he sailed off into the distance assisted by some loyal Shy Guys who paddled with some stilts.

Spij was once again struck speechless. He had actually helped defeat General Guy. The same General Guy from his history books. Mabye he really wasn't as tough as they say.

"That was great Daichi!" Spij said. "I wish I had that kind of power."

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"Trust me, this power hasn't spawned from happiness. This power has spawned from the power of hatred and true love. Which brings me to Aika Cho," Daichi began to comment, giving the tank a last glance. "Aika was a Hammer Bra, and we had many things in common. Then, a group of Goomba mobsters took her down and forced me to unleash true hatred and love on them, creating a thing I call the "Aika Cho Memorial Massacare". Her parents were un-approving of me, even at the funeral, and I will never forget her. Anyway, where's Otto?"

"Right here!" Otto shrieked, blasting up from the deck with a blue Koopa. "Kooper here has inspired me to rebel against you two! So bring it out, wimps!"

"Heh," Kooper sneered, getting in his battle stance. "You thought you could get rid of me? Impossible! Kolorado shall be avenged!"

Drawing his hammers up, Daichi got ready to fight. "Back off! We've had enough trouble today. So...let's dance!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Could this day possibly get any weirder? First he finds a bunch of Boos having a brawl with some guys in an alley, then the General Guy shows up out of nowhere and starts a fight, and now the crazy blue koopa they ditched just showed up magically and he wants to start a fight. What was with all the fighting?

"This blue guy is getting on my nerves." Spij said. He stoped in place with his hand raised before flipping through the air and landing on Kooper, flipping him onto his back.

Kooper was furious at this point. "Come on, that's not even fair! Kolorado would never stoop to underhanded tactics like that." he shouted.

"I'll help you up if you agree to stop fighting." Spij said to the fallen koopa.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius the Yoshi
Cyrius continued northward through Topaz Desert. With each step, his feet started to decrease in speed. The Yoshi looked throughout his entire surroundings and saw nothing but the vast sandy ocean. He looked to his right to see a Saguaro cactus on top of a medium sized sand dune. Cyrius knew that cacti collected a lot of water and that he could easily extract it if he had something to cut it. He inspected his environment much more carefully and saw a very sharp-looking rock. Cyrius picked up the rock and marched up the dune. When he reached the top, he examined the cactus and found a spot where no needles were located. He took the rock and cut it into a cup-shaped part. It was full of water. Instead of just licking the water like a dog, the Yoshi decided to pour it into his mouth. Feeling refreshed from this liquid, Cyrius started down the dune and continue northward. Two Bob-ombs unearthed from near the cactus. One of them asked, “What’s the big idea cutting our plant like that?”

“Sorry,” apologized Cyrius, “I was just thirsty and…”

The second Bob-omb interrupted, “and what? You think you can just steal from us? We may be small, but we will protect this place from thieves like you.”

“I am not a thief,” replied Cyrius. “What gives you the right to stop me from drinking when I’m thirsty anyway?”

“Why don’t you find out?” asked the first Bob-omb arrogantly. The white dinosaur approached the duo, and several Bob-ombs unearthed from their sandy sleep. The black and pink bombs surrounded Cyrius.

Cyrius gulped and asked, “W-What do you want?”

A deep masculine voice sounded, “Simple, I want your death.” The ground underneath Cyrius’s feet start to rumble and rise. The Yoshi immediately leaped off the shaking earth. The rising sand gushed bigger and larger until its shadow covered all the Bob-ombs. Then the sand receded to reveal a giant Bob-omb with a golden crown and a white mustache. “I am the king of Bob-ombs. Koopas are no longer welcome in the Topaz Desert as long as I live.”

Cyrius claimed, "I'm not a Koopa; I'm a Yoshi."

The king replied, "Then Yoshis are no longer welcome either."

--------------------

Daku the Dry Bones
Daku traveled west from Hooktail Castle. He had no idea what to do next. The book that he craves has still yet to be discovered. He started to lose all hope of returning back to his normal self. The skeleton wondered endlessly, trying to find the tome that evaded his grasp. Daku noticed a small town. He, still afraid of how anyone would view him, decided to avoid being spotted. He walked around the forested area that surrounded the town. He walked about 500 feet when he heard a cry of help. Daku rushed toward the source to see some Hammer Bros. attacking an elderly Koopa. Daku first looked around to see if anyone else was nearby. After he confirmed no person was near his location, the Dry Bones drew his Bone Blade and claimed, "Leave that Koopa alone!"

"Oh look boys, this creature here wants to fight us," jeered one of the Hammer Bros. "Let's show him how we treat 'heroes'." The three Hammer Bros. approached Daku. Their faces showed large grins and they started to laugh.

Daku showed them his blade and asked, "Are you sure you want to do that?"

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli the Twilighter

The sound of rain woke her up. The doll-like Twilighter sat up in bed and threw off her blanket. It shouldn't be dark out yet, but the sun wasn't shining. It was probably blocked by the clouds.

She reached for her blue ponytail and swapped out her black hair tie for the green one before exiting the sleeping quarters. The boat she was on was passing through the edge of a storm. The worst of it was off to the east, but the boat was still getting tossed around a bit.

The sailor who owned the boat was standing in the bridge, staring at the stormy waters through the window while trying to steer the ship.

"You're finally up." he said. "We should be arriving shortly after we get out of this storm."

She rubbed her eyes a bit before responding. "How long have I been out."

"A few hours, not that long." he said.

"Told you we would hit a storm." she said with a slight laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. Just bad luck if you ask me." He steered the boat around a particularly large surge and the boat rocked a bit harder than usual. "You know, i never did ask for your name."

"Twilli. What's yours?"

"Mondo." he said. It was a fitting name for a bob-omb.

"Well, lets just hope we don't get struck by lightning." she said.

Moments later, a large bolt struck just off to the east. She could only laugh.

Last edited:

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"Let's just see what Daichi thinks," Kooper sighed, signaling Otto to stopping bashing and thrashing around. "He is the guy who got us stuck in this mess, you know. What do you think, Daichi?"

Putting his hammers down, the Hammer Bro soon began to explain his opinion. "Ok, Kooper. Let's just stop the fighting and figure out how to get to Dry Dry Desert. The ship is damaged a bit, and it might be hard to get there.

Jumping overboard, Otto began to check the ship for an outside and internal damage. "It looks ok, but we might crash along the way. It might be risky, but Daichi and Spji might have to use that combination again to boost up the engine. You up for it, mates?"

Daichi began running to the basement, with his locket bouncing up and down. "Yep, Otto! Come on Spji...we got a mission to do!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

Spij followed Daichi down into the bowels of the ship. It was dark down here and there was water dripping. Spij instantly disliked it down there.

The engine was making random spurts, as if it was struggling to keep up its speed.

"Ready if you are." Spij said as he began to perform his special Shuffle Dance. He moved his feet back and forth in rhythm and spun in place before stopping to point at Daichi who once again gained a boost in strength.

"You're good to go." he said.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"Thanks, Spji. Let's do this!" Daichi got his hammers ready and entered his battle stance, with the hammer pointed straight at the engine. "Odin's Hammer!"

Otto ran down to the basement with Kooper on his tail, getting ready to watch the blast. "Ready, mate?"

"Yeah, Otto! I, Daichi the Hammer Bro, will make history as the boy who got a ship going with a simple attack!"

Kooper then objected to Daichi's comment, rubbing his chin all the while. "Yeah right! Hammer Bros aren't that strong. Or are they...?"

"Who knows..." Daichi then blasted a gigantic attack, which soon got the engine flowing. "Let's...rock on!"

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius the Yoshi

Cyrius gulped when he saw the massive numbers of Bob-ombs surrounding him, plus the giant king of Bob-ombs. The king called, "Now you will pay for trespassing on the lands that you don't belong, Yoshi." All the Bob-ombs' fuses lit. One after another they started to explode. Cyrius tried to dodge them all. For twelve seconds, he was not even hit with an explosion, but just as soon as he landed on top of one of the pink bomb creatures, it exploded, sending Cyrius sky high. Before he started to fall from his high altitude, Cyrius blacked out. When he awakened, the Yoshi looked at his surroundings. Behind him was the Topaz Desert, but before him was a large forest full of flora and fauna alike.

He thought, "This must be Mushroom Forest." He noticed a sign nailed on one of the trees. He read aloud, "Parack Town, this way." An arrow pointed to a bumpy dirt pathway. Cyrius thought to himself, "I sure was lucky to have met those Bob-ombs, or I could've been in that desert for another couple of days."

-------------

Daku the Dry Bones

Daku’s eyes filled with rage as he noticed the Hammer Bros. attacking an old Koopa like that. Their dishonor sickened him to his stomach. One of the Hammer Bros. threw his hammer towards Daku, and the impact knocked the skull clean off. The Hammer Brother claimed, “That’s what you get for messing with us.” The Dry Bones’ body then turned around, picked up the skull, and re-attached it onto his neck.

Daku grinned and said, “My turn.” He took his Bone Blade and called out, “Bone Slash!” His attack was able to slash through one of the Hammer Bros., destroying the Hammer in the process.

“Hey, my mother made me that mallet,” claimed the mad turtle. “Now you’ve done it.” The trio of Hammer Bros. surrounded Daku. The one who lost his hammer grabbed onto him from behind, and the other two reared their hammers back to strike Daku.

The Dry Bones cried, “Preparation!” The darkness surrounding the Bone Blade responded to the call. It shielded Daku from the oncoming mallets. The power it released was so intense that the Koopa holding Daku was forced to let go. Daku then used his Bone Thrust into one of the Koopas, knocking him unconscious. He did a similar manner to the one standing beside him. The skeleton turned around toward the third Hammer Bros. “Any last words?” asked Daku.

“Please, have mercy,” groveled the Hammer Brother. “Please.”

The old koopa Troopa told Daku, “Don’t attack him. It’ll just make you look dishonorable.”

“Fine…” muttered the Dry Bones. “You are free to go for now.”

“Y-Yes sir,” stuttered the Hammer Brother as he ran off.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

Spij was probably the happiest person on the boat when the engine flared back to full power. the sooner he was off this boat the better. He quickly ran back up to the deck, taking in the beautiful blue sky.

"Fresh air." he said to himself.

Off in the distance, he could see a tan shape forming. He turned to Daichi, "Is that Dry Dry Desert?" he asked.

Twilli

The sun was back to its high position in the sky, the storm finally passed. of in the distance, Twilli could see Parack Town.

"We'll be there soon." Mondo said.

"Hopefully. I'm kind of said the storm's gone though. I like the rain." Twilli said.

"That's something we'll have to disagree on."

"At least we haven't seen any pirates, or hit any reefs." Twilli said.

"Don't say stuff like that, last time..." Mondo was saying before being interrupted by a loud scraping noise.

"Did we actually hit a reef?" Twilli asked.

They both looked over the side of the boat to find that the ship had ran into a small piece of wreckage from another ship.

"It was probably sunk by that storm." Mondo said.

"I take back what I said about the storm." Twilli said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: what are the odds that two completely different stories would require me to write the same basic scene twice in one post.

Also OOC: @Cyber Blastoise, I hope you don't mind if Twilli joins up with Cyrius.

Last edited:

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"No...that's Keehaul Key!" Sadly, it turns out that the engine went so fast, that the four friends passed Dry Dry Desert. "Watch out!" The boat soon crashed, landing the four friends into the island.

"Ahhh!" Kooper hid in his shell, spinning onto another part of the island. "I'll see you later, guys! Have fun on the island!"

Otto then landed on the island, his greasy hair merging into a palm tree. "Where am I? Oh my god! Petey Piranha!" Otto then went far underground, supposedly fighting off tons of murderous plants.

Daichi then flew above the island and into a cave. "Spji! I'll see you later, so save yourself!"

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
(OOC: sure Sequel, I don't really mind. In fact, when I read your RP sample, I thought, "Yes, someone is going to join Cyrius." Sorry for the weirdness. Just remember the running gag.)

Cyrius the Yoshi

Cyrius wondered into the Mushroom Forest trying to locate Parack Town. He was able to find a less dense area. When he entered into this area, he saw something in the sky, but the trees' leaves still blocked his view to see what it was. Cyrius thought, "That must be that machine in Parack Town. Cyrius headed in the direction of the flying object. The Yoshi ran faster and faster. He then saw the edge of a cliff and stopped himself just before he ran off the edge. He looked down and saw a town. He knew this was Parack Town.

angrycaterpie

Gaze upon the slayer
"No...that's Keehaul Key!" Sadly, it turns out that the engine went so fast, that the four friends passed Dry Dry Desert. "Watch out!" The boat soon crashed, landing the four friends into the island.

"Ahhh!" Kooper hid in his shell, spinning onto another part of the island. "I'll see you later, guys! Have fun on the island!"

Otto then landed on the island, his greasy hair merging into a palm tree. "Where am I? Oh my god! Petey Piranha!" Otto then went far underground, supposedly fighting off tons of murderous plants.

Daichi then flew above the island and into a cave. "Spji! I'll see you later, so save yourself!"

"NOT SO FAST!!"

General Guy! He retrieves a Boxing Glove Pistol and fires it at Daichi, taking him by surprise.

"Before you sunk my tank, I fired myself at this island! You guys may have beaten me before, but I have something that even YOU guys can't destroy!"

General Guy whistles loudly, as an army of Shy Guys rush to the cave base, whistling as well, until...

A large mech, cheerfully colored pink and light red, appears from the sky:
pink_robot.jpg

General Guy cackles as he leaps onto some Shy Guy's heads and into the cockpit, cackling as he aims his robot's arms at the group, firing off a salvo of rockets.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"Oh, you got to be kidding me!" As the first mecha appeared, Daichi was struggling to get General Guy off him. All the while, a second mecha appeared:
MECHA-RAC%20(tanker).jpg

"Two mechas attacking me? This is isn't good! Is this one of your tricks, General?"

"No!" General Guy was screaming, and he wasn't sure if his mecha would win. "Who's the idiot who's in that?"

A green lizard soon emerged from the mecha, with a lightsaber gleaming in his hands. "I am teh ultimate pwnzor enemy, Commander Francis! Pwnzor t3h enemies, P.W.N.!"

The second mecha entered its battle stance, getting ready to take them down. "Pwnzors! T3h p0w3r is mines!"

Daichi was freaking out, and he was getting ready to run away. "Ahh! A freak and a geek! Two mechas? I'm doomed!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

Spij, being on the bow of the ship when it struck land, was launched farther than the others and soon found himself lodged high up in a palm tree on the side of a cliff. From his vantage, he could see a large, rather childish looking robot fall from the sky in the general area that Daichi flew off in.

Spij carefully made his way down the tree and tried to climb down the cliff before a small ledge broke off, taking Spij with it. He fell a good way and landed in some kind of water puddle in a cavern. He could see the sky above him, but it was out of reach.

Where am I?

He looked around, but didn't see much besides rocks and water.

How am I going to get out of here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilli

As the boat docked in Parack Town, Twilli helped Mondo tie it to the dock.

"I leave for Rougeport tomorrow, so I guess this is where we go our separate ways." Mondo said.

"Yeah, thanks for the ride." Twilli said. She reached into her pocket and took out a small red coin she had found. "Take this, it's worth more than a regular coin."

Mondo seemed to think about it before finally accepting the rare coin. "Thanks." he said.

"Well, see you later." Twilli almost walked off before stopping to ask a question. "Are there any good restaurants around here?"

"Um, there is this one place, its just down that street. Go a few blocks and it'll be on your left, you can't miss it." Mondo replied.

"Thanks again." Twilli said. "Don't run into any sea monsters on your way to Rougeport."

"Sea Monsters?" Mondo said, casting a nervous glance at the ocean.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
As Francis sat in the P.W.N. robot, Daichi finally managed to get the General off. "Hammer Time!" General Guy was nailed in the face, and practically all his muscles were disabled.

As the General fell from the sky, his robot rescued him and fell into the ocean. As the robot cradled the General, the disgraced war-hero uttered out one last set of words. "i'll get you one day, Daichi!"

Now falling from the sky as well, Daichi had to deal with the P.W.N. robot. "Ok, Francis. Let's dance! Odin's Hammer!" Charging up the powerful blast, he was headed straight for a cave.

"You can't get me, t3h annoying enemy! Pwnzors radiate from my body!"

While the green lizard ranted on about 'pwnzors', Daichi sent the blast straight for him. "Take that!" With the P.W.N robot falling from the sky, Daichi breathed and then fell unconcious.

Daichi woke up with an older Hammer Bro standing above him, making sure the younger Hammer Bro before him had a pulse. "You look tired, young one. Rest with me, and you will be the best!"

Not understanding what that meant, Daichi absent-mindely responded. "Ok! Hopefully, that actually means a good thing..."

Otto was being surrounded by many women, being covered in bandages all the while. "You are a pretty sexy man, yes you are! Yes you are, yes you are!"

Nearly fainting, Otto went back to sleep. "Paradise...!"

Kooper was being helped by some Koopas somewhere out in the middle of Keehaul Key. "We are the team of archeologists that worked with Kolorado in the Age of the Mustached Hero. Are you his assistant, Kooper?"

Sighing with relief, Kooper danced along. "Yes I am! So, what do you want to do?"

"Obey Cortez!" A gigantic skeleton stood above the Koopas, who were revealed to be corpses covered in skin controlled by the skeleton. "Prepare to face my kindly wrath!"

"Ahhhhh!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

The room he was in did have on way out. The problem was, it was some kind of natural water slide. Spij had no idea where it went, and he heard some strange noises coming from the darkness. Spij had two choices, take his chances on the water slide, or sit here and hope someone finds him before he starves. Spij was indecisive until the claustrophobia began to set in. He practically jumped into the slide.

He flew through a series of twists and turns before shooting out into blinding daylight. He instantly felt better, until he realized he came out of a waterfall. Screaming, he plummeted down into the jungle.