• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paper Mario: The Oblivion Portals - RP Thread

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

Spij had been out in the jungle for hours. He had eaten random fruit, jumped across rock ledges, and fought off strange creatures he didn't even know existed before they tried to eat him.

The jungle seemed to be getting to him though, he hated this place and all of its dirt (he had used up all of his polish) yet he somehow felt a little at home. It was odd.

Poof!

Spij felt a strange burst of energy for a moment, then it was over. He felt normal. Strange, he didn't remember picking up a spear, but it felt right in his hand. He tested it out and found that he was actually quite good with it, despite never having used one before. And he certainly didn't remember putting on a grass skirt.

Spij suddenly felt the need to run off into the jungle, so he went. He was moving much quicker now. He continued his search for Daichi until he heard the sound of fighting in the distance. He headed off toward the sound to find Daichi and another Hammer Bro fighting off some Piranha Plants like the ones that had attacked him earlier.

Spij let out a war cry as he burst from the jungle and cast his Blizzard item, freezing the Piranha Plant's.

He then turned nonchalantly to Daichi and said, "Hi, what did I miss?"

Twilli

"I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but is there a reason why you change bow every so often?" Cyrius asked.

"Huh? Oh, I change them based on my mood. Black means I'm nervous." she said.

A explosion rocked the front of the elevator and a dark shadow sped from the fire. Despite the damage, the elevator continued skyward. The dark shape raced around the walls of the elevator before stopping long enough to be seen clearly. It appeared to be some kind of fuzzy. The little black thing made a strange sound as it multiplied, soon there were several fuzzies all hopping around the elevator making that awful noise.

"What do we do now?" Twilli asked.

Last edited:

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"A lot! Dude, I'm a prince!" Daichi was dancing around, with the future Daichi staring at him with a weird look. "And...this is my future self! Although, we might be able to save the future!"

After explaining the story to Spji, the future Daichi talked. "It's time we go; staying on this island is dangerous. We should leave your friends behind, because we need to get out of here."

"What's the rush, future me?"

"Cortez. I heard your friend Kooper took him down, and Cortez rules the island. We'll see your friends later, but for now, we have to leave!"

"Fine!" Daichi began sliding down a slope near the cave, smiling all the way. "Come on you two!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
OOC: I'm surprised Daichi didn't comment on how Spij now looks like some kind of crazy jungle native. But then again, considering that he just introduced Spij to his future self, its understandable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Spij

Spij followed daichi down the slope, not fully understanding what just happened. Apparently, the old Hammer Bro was Daichi's future self and Daichi was some kind of prince. It made about as much sense as anything else that had happened today.

The reached the bottom of the slope, and Spij felt another burst of energy building up.

Poof!

The spear vanished along with all the other jungle markings and Spij seemed to be back to normal.

"What the heck is going on?" Spij said. "Is the world always this crazy."

He turned to see Kooper running out of the jungle covered in pink and green fuzzies and Spij took that as his answer.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
OCC: Daichi will probably note that in this post, although he is a bit more focused on getting out of the island. Starting from this post, the 'Escape from Keehaul Key' arc begins.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daichi looked at Kooper as they slid down the slope, amazed at how the Koopa had actually gotten like that. Ignoring him, he continued down the slope. "Come on guys! We should almost be there."

Amazingly, it turned out that a skeletal hand stuck out from the slope. "Where are you, stupid little Koopa? I need to kill you!"

Daichi's future self was freaking out, and he used a technique with his hammers to stop the gang. "Crap! It's Cortez! Run away!"

"No!" Daichi blurted out, drawing his hammers into the fray. "I will fight that skeleton and get out of this island!"

Cortez then jumped onto the slope, drawing his now half-broken blade. "What did you just say?"

"This, punk...Odin's Hammer!" Realizing that wouldn't be enough, Daichi screamed out for Spji. "Shuffle Dance, Spji! Shuffle Dance!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

Spij quickly performed his Shuffle Dance, giving Daichi a boost. Then, he prepared his Acrobatic attack and sat with his hand raised until Daichi slammed Cortez with his attack.

Before Cortez could react, Spij quickly executed his attack, spinning through the air and landed right on Cortez's head. The skeleton shattered for a moment before reforming again.

"Fools! I'm am the immortal Cortez! You can never defeat me! Now where is that koopa!" Cortez roared as he swung his swords wildly.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
Watching as Cortez recovered from their ultimate attack, Daichi drew himself over to Cortez. "Hammer Time! Swinging Hammer!" Using a combo, he smashed Cortez's head with a hammer and the swung the hammer into the side of his head.

Recovering quickly, Cortez ran back to Daichi. "Let me say this again: where is that Koopa?"

The future Daichi soon stood up, ready to take him down. "I'll tell you where he is: he's in...Swinging Hammer's!" Nailing Cortez in the face, Daichi and future Daichi were soon closing in on Cortez.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

Spij watched as Daichi and his apparent future self recklessly charges Cortez and unleashed some kind of special hammer attack. Cortez once again fell apart, but he pulled himself back together once again.

"I don't think we can beat him." Spij said. "Any other ideas?"

Kooper was still running around screaming in the background, fuzzies jumping all over him.

"And what do we do with him?" Spij asked.

Copygoo

Page of Heart
Boel was tired, thirsty, starving, and the air seemed to be frying him for dinner. He didn't even check if that X-whatever guy was still there. He thought he heard footsteps for a moment. He turned, but all he saw was flat sand and a few big rocks. Boel slowly turned around and floated on. Then someone knocked him over, and took off his hat.

"Oh darn, no change!"

Boel got up. There was a small Shy Guy with a strange, mischevious mask holding his hat. Boel steamed.

"GIVE. ME. MY. HAT."

The Shy Guy person backed up a bit, then dashed away with great speed.

"This Bandit says goodbye!"

Boel shook with anger. NOBODY stole his hat. NOBODY. Boel floated after the Bandit. He curled into a ball and crashed into the naughty Shy Guy, sending his hat into the air. Boel flew up and snagged it. The Bandit got up, mad. He tweeted a whistle, and soon Boel was surrounded by differently colored Bandits.

".....Crappotowa."

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"First of all, I think I have a strategy to deal with this guy. I will use my new technique, Crimson Recovery, to heal this guy. Just like light purifies darkness, healing purifies skeletons. And for Kooper, we leave him behind to die. Fuzzies don't get off easily." Daichi then ran back to the cave, getting ready for bed.

"What are you doing, young one?" Future Daichi was worried about Daichi, and he was watching Cortez get ready to heal again.

"Going to bed; I feel weak, and if I use Crimson Recovery again, I'll probably die. So, let's just sleep and let Cortez fight us in the morning!"

Running to go to bed with Daichi, Future Daichi blurted out a sentence. "Come on, Spji! We must rest!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

Slightly annoyed by this change in plan, but relieved to be able to put some distance between himself and Cortez, Spij dashed off after the two Daichis. He stopped momentarily by Kooper. Spij used his Multislap to quickly slap the fuzzies off of him.

"Thats for when I pushed you in the water, now get out of here!" Spij said as he raced off into the jungle. "And don't follow us." Spij added.

He caught up to Daichi, "Hey, there was an old village down that way." Spij said as he pointed off down the beach. "There was an inn there if you need it."

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
"No time, Spji," Daichi responded, looking at Kooper. "We can rest here for the night, and then just wake up and go fight Cortez the next morning. Now...rest!"

As Daichi fell into a quick trance of sleep, Future Daichi soon entered one as well. "Good night everyon---yawn!"

Kooper was mad at the group for not letting him join them, but he was not going to be sad. "Time to find Otto!"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Spij

Spij watched as they quickly fell into a sleep-like trance.

"Now... Rest!" they had said.

Easy for them to say, Shy Guys could stay awake for days on the energy provided by a single piece of cake. He had eaten a whole meal just before this trip. He probably wouldn't sleep again for a week.

He wandered around for a moment before deciding to keep watch. They had to have someone look out for them while they slept.

He sat back and watched the sky, wishing it really was night so he could watch the stars.

Son_of_Shadows

Josh Shilsan - Toad Town

Prince Josh Shilsan walked down the stairs.

"Good morning, George," said his landlady, an elderly Toad.

"Hello, Mrs. T."

"George, you silly boy, how many times have I told you to call me Thrif?"

"A lot...Thrif." Josh hadn't told her his true identity, and he felt somewhat guilty over it. Thrif T., although a kind woman, was extraordinarily cheap. She bargain-hunted obsessively, and (Josh felt) overcharged on rent. She only ever switched the heating on if the temperature dropped below zero, and. Josh was used to low temperatures, and so, didn't mind this. "Alright, Thrif, I'm going to work, then. Have a nice day," he said, smiling at her. She'd shown him a great deal of kindness, taking him in. This made him feel all the more guilty about not telling her the truth.

Josh stepped into the fresh early morning air. The weather was lovely, but Josh knew that Club 64 would already be filled with regulars... Some would've stayed there all night. He briefly pondered how Chanterelle never got a sore throat. He reached the docks. A tuna- sorry, whale, was sleeping next to a pier. Used to this sight, he continued into Club 64. It was packed, as usual. Josh made his way over to the piano, and relieved the current player (a Koopa named Koopiano) when his shift finished, just a few minutes after he entered. Josh cracked his knuckles, and began to play, as Chanterelle began to sing, beautifully and enchantingly as ever. How DOES she do it? he wondered, mystified.

His shift finished a few hours later, and "George" stepped out of the club. He adjusted his bowler hat and wondered what to do now. Lunch at Tayce T.'s would be nice. Or, perhaps he could see the princess. She was one of the few who knew his secret. ... Lunch. he thought, as he heard his stomach growl. He headed off to Tayce T.'s, his blue sheet flapping in the wind, and, after a short lunch, felt... bored. Toad Town was nice, but, it was just... boring, sometimes. Every so often, Bowser would kidnap the princess, but, Mario would always have her back within a few hours. ... And that was basically it. Tayce T. had complained about her chef not returning yet from Dry Dry Desert, so, that was something. If anything, it was a day out. He decided to get on the train that would head to Mt. Rugged. From there, all he had to do was climb over the mountain, dodge Buzzar, and make it across the scorching desert. Easy! He waited an hour at the station, waiting for the train to return from its last trip, and, seeing that the chef wasn't getting off, bought a ticket for Mt. Rugged. I can't remember the last time I left Toad Town... this might be fun, I guess.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius

The fuzzies started to appear everywhere. Cyrius gulped as he saw them multiply. Then they started to make a very annoying sound. The Yoshi said, "Maybe we should just get them to keep quiet!" Just then the elevator and scenery started to contract into a small stage. Cyrius said to himself, "Not again." Cyrius and his friend appeared on the left side of the screen whereas the fuzzies were on the right.

A golden fuzzy appeared with the group. He said, "Fuzzies, attack." The group of Fuzzies started to charge after the duo. Cyrius said, "No way. Tongue Lasso!" His tongue surrounded the black creatures and spun them around very fast. Soon they were all dizzy and confused.

-----------------
Daku

The Goomba was enraged. He claimed, "That does it! Goomba family! Assemble!" Just then a Goomba with a spike on his head and a goomba with wings came to where the two were. "This Dry Bones needs to be taught a lesson."

Daku just chuckled. He drew his Bone Blade and asked, "Which one of you wants to die first?"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

Most of the fuzzies stayed dizzy, but two of them broke out of it quickly. One launched itself a Twilli. She mumbled something under her breath and the fuzzy fell to the ground completely paralyzed. Another jumped toward Cyrius.

"Shadow Veil!" Twilli called as their side of the elevator was drenched in dark shadows. Twilli heard the thud as the fuzzy ran into the wall.

"Cyrius, do you have any attacks that can hit all of them at once?" Twilli asked.

The shadows were starting to fade. The fuzzies would be able to see them again soon. As if o cue, they made that awful noise again.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
"Cyrius, do you have any attacks that can hit all of them at once?" Twilli asked.

The Yoshi replied, "I might, but I've never tried it before."

The fuzzies started to make a very awful racket. Cyrius never heard such a terrible sound as that. He said, "Here goes nothing." The Fuzzies were bunched up together as though they were one. Cyrius threw his tongue toward the group of fuzzies and pulled them all into his mouth. The only creature on the right side was the Golden Fuzzy. Cyrius's cheeks were huge. He spit out the fuzzies into the Golden Fuzzy.

Son_of_Shadows

Josh - Mt. Rugged

After disembarking from the train, Josh looked up. The mountain wasn't really all that tall, but, being near the desert, the climate was warm, and the climb would be arduous... At least, it would've been, if Princess Peach hadn't had a cable car service added, making travel between Mt. Rugged, and Dry Dry Outpost easier. Unfortunately, work was still going on on the other side. You could go to the top, but not down the other side. Josh wondered why she didn't just have a tunnel built. Sometimes, the Princess could be a real airhead. He reached the top, and crossed a bridge, until he heard a squawk. A buzzard, with what appeared to be a...spear, or, it could've been a very sharp feather, flew over from a rock, hovering above the bridge, just in front of Josh. His green eyes widened. Buzzar.

"Lemme see here... What's yer name, pal?"

"G-G-George S-S-S-ands," he lied.

"... Yer Mario in a Duplighost sheet, aren't ya?"

"No!" Josh sank to his knees. He was timid by nature, and Buzzar was terrifying him. "Please don't eat me!" He was begging, pathetically.

"... Jest fer that, I'm gonna chow down!" Buzzar rose into the air, ready to swoop, but Josh was too fast. He was already on his feet, and running. Years of practice meant that he was unbelievably fast. Buzzar crashed into the bridge, and immediately took off after his prey. Josh reached the bottom of the mountain, sprinting like he was possessed. Buzzar, however, had the obvious advantage... Escape would be tricky.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

Twilli watched with a mixture of disgust and awe as Cyrius pulled the fuzzies into his mouth and shot them back out as a giant ball. They collided with the golden fuzzy and scattered everywhere. The fuzzies started panicking and jumping all over the place before frantically scurrying off into whatever crevices they could fit into. The golden fuzzy appeared angry, but he too scurried off with the others.

"Wow. I hope we've seen the last of them, although the'll probably come back with reinforcements." Twilli said.

She swapped to her yellow hair tie and turned to Cyrius.

"How could you stand to have all those fuzzy things in your mouth?" she asked.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius

The fuzzies retreated and the stage returned back to normal. Cyrius watched the black and gold furballs drop down when Twilli asked him, "How could you stand to have all those fuzzy things in your mouth?"

"Well," replied Cyrius, "it's just a bunch of..." he started to choke on something and hacked up a large hairball and said, "Hairballs." The elevator reached the very top. When the doors opened, the area in front of them showed a large high-tech lab. An old Goomba wearing glasses and having whitish hair came to them.

He said, "Welcome to Parack Labs. I am Prof. Frankly. How may I help you two?"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

"Wait, so this flying island is some kind of laboratory. That's pretty unexpected." Twilli said as they steeped from the elevator into some kind of laboratory. It looked like something from a scary movie, which meant Twilli was right at home.

"I have to say though, this is a nice place you've got here Prof. Franky." she said.

"Um, it's Frankly." said the Prof.

"Oh sorry." Twilli began to wander around, oblivious to the others in the room. She walked over to a huge bookshelf and began to skim the dusty tomes. "Wow, this is a nice collection you have Prof. Franky. You even have a collection of Twilightian Folk Stories. My mom used to read these to me."

The Prof. ignored name mistake and simply took the compliment. "I collect all kinds of books from all over. It's been so long since i started, even I lose track of what I have."

Twilli spotted another book. "Hey Cyrius, he has a book on the different Yoshi colors. You wanna take a look?" She sat the book aside and sat down with the book of folk tales, going back to old memories and completely ignoring Prof. Frankly's warnings to be careful with the books.