• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paper Mario: The Oblivion Portals - RP Thread

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius

Twilli said, "Hey Cyrius, he has a book on the different Yoshi colors. You wanna take a look." She sat the book aside.

Cyrius looked at the book. He picked it up and started to flip through the pages. One of them was red. Apparently when this one had the power of a shell, it could breathe fire. Another was yellow, which could ground pound harder than any other Yoshi. He kept flipping through the pages until he found a white Yoshi. The book read, "This is one of the two rare Yoshi species in the world. To befriend one alone is sheer luck. It is also one of the only three without its own attribute relating to the Koopa shells." This sentence struck Cyrius as odd. What did that mean?

Prof. Frankly asked the two, "Would you two like a tour of the island?"

Son_of_Shadows

Josh - Dry Dry Desert

Josh screamed like a little girl as he ran through the desert at top speed, kicking up clouds of sand behind him. From above, Buzzar saw him. The clouds only made it easier to see where he was running to... Until the boy turned around, and darted into the sand cloud. Buzzar grinned, and flapped his wings, whipping up a powerful tornado, sucking up the sand, and Josh. He realised that this was his only chance to fight back. Terrified at what actually might happen, he used the tornado to gather momentum, swinging around inside it, before using his Air Dash technique, which all Duplighosts use, to slam into the vulture, headfirst into its stomach. It seemed to stun the bird, which fell to the ground, and was knocked out. Josh landed on top of him, and panicking that he'd wake up, headed back across Mt. Rugged to Toad Town, vowing never to return to the desert.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

Prof. Frankly asked the two, "Would you two like a tour of the island?"

Twilli took a moment to respond before finally looking up from her book.

"A tour? Ok, sounds good." She said as she placed the book back on the table. "This place is completely awesome. I wouldn't mind getting lost in here for a while."

Twilli headed toward a large door in the side. "What are you guys waiting for, don't make me leave you all alone."

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius

Cyrius then felt the jolt of energy that seemed to run through Twilli. "Wait up!" he yelled. He ran to the door where Twilli was. The Yoshi turned around to see that Prof. Frankly was walking slowly toward the door.

"I'll be there in a minute," said the old Goomba. "I'm not exactly the young'un I once was." He waddled over toward the youths.

Cyrius stretched a bit and said, "It's okay. We can go ahead if that's okay with you."

"Fine," replied Prof. Frankly.

Cyrius turned to Twilli and asked, "You coming?"

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

"Let's go!" Twilli said as she rushed off into the strange machine, with apparently was just called the island. The dark shadows, huge pipes, and distant creaking made this place seem perfect for a Twilighter vacation home.

Twilli stopped for a moment at each new piece of machinery or dark hallway, eventually coming to a locked door.

"Hey Prof.?" she said.

There was no response.

"Cyrius, where's the Prof.?" she asked.

Still no response.

She turned around to find that she was completely alone. Several dark halls spread out in every direction. She could have come down any one of those.

"Cyrius? Prof.? Where are you guys?" she called into the darkness.

Looks like she was right about getting lost.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius

Cyrius looked at awe at the entire building. He kept turning his head seeing each hallway quickly as he passed. He thought his Twilighter friend was behind him so he thought that he would continue on so she would not be impatient with him. As Cyrius looked through he came across a place with a lot of hallways. He took a left. Afterwards, he headed in several different directions as new sets of hallways appeared. He then said, "This place is a big maze. Isn't that right, Twilli?"

He received no response. "Twilli?" He turned around to see that his friend was not near him. He also noticed that Prof. Frankly was not near him either. He yelled, "Twilli! Prof. Frankly! Anyone?" He then started to wander the hallways to see if he could find his friends.

------------
Daku

The Spiked Goomba charged toward Daku and called out, "You will!" He jumped up into the air.

Daku cried out, "Bone Slash!" He took his Bone Blade and slashed through his opponent. The Spiked Goomba fell backwards, and his hat split in half. Each half of the hat fell on either side. The Goomba started to cry and ran off.

"My turn!" yelled the Paragoomba. He charged toward the Dry Bones.

"Bone Thrust!" cried the Dry Bones as he stabbed the Paragoomba's wings. The Paragoomba could not fly and just ran off. "Well, well, well, look who's left." He lift his blade.

The Goomba said, "Wait...uh..please..don't." The Goomba ran off.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

Twilli was hopelessly lost, but it didn't bother her too much. She would find the others eventually. It was a big place, but there was only so much ground they could have covered.

She came to another crossroads and flipped a coin. It landed on tails, so she went left. It was how she had been deciding which way to go. No, not only did she have no idea how to get back to that mysterious locked door, she had no clue how to get back to the main room either.

Twilli stumbled across another door, this one unlocked. She entered this room to find some kind of chemical mixing machine with recipes for various potions. One of them was an invisibility potion. Another was a shrinking potion.

This could be fun.

Son_of_Shadows

Josh - Toad Town

"Lousy desert... It was too hot anyway. I can't believe that chef went there at all," said Josh Shilsan, to no-one in particular. Being raised in the Shiver Region had accustomed Josh to the cold. Matter of fact, Toad Town's climate was barely acceptable to him. He stepped back off the train, and started heading for Club 64. He needed something tall and cold. A Tasty Tonic would suffice, or possibly a Keel Mango juice. They never had those though. Josh sighed. Honestly, he may as well go to Keelhaul Key himself to find some mangoes... but, figuring that, as a tropical island, it'd be very hot, decided not to go himself. Still, he wanted those Keel Mangoes...

I'll find someone in Rogueport to go for me. What could possibly go wrong? Now, how to get there... Of course. Princess Peach, eager to open up links with other areas, had ordered a warp pipe built between Toad Town and Rogueport. Some residents were less than thrilled, but, it certainly made things convenient for Mushroomers who wanted to see Glitzville, or Poshley Heights. The pipe itself was right outside town, on Pleasant Path. The Duplighost left town and jumped down said pipe.

Arriving in Rogueport Plaza was an odd experience. The town was a lot filthier than Toad Town, for one thing. Unfortunately for the Duplighost, he had absolutely no idea how one got to Keelhaul Key from here. He also didn't know if there were any sailors around, or where to find them. He stumbled around like a hick lost in the big city... until he tripped, and fell into a pipe, leading down into the sewers on the east side of Rogueport... He landed on a Goomba, that appeared to be running away from something... or someone.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius

The white yoshi wandered the hallways hoping to find one of his friends. He entered into one of the rooms. A large supercomputer was found inside. Cyrius looked at the different moniters on the computer. One of them showed that Twilli was in a Potion Room. He thought, "There she is. But how do I get there?"

"Intruder alert! Intruder alert!" cried the computer as the doors locked. Several Hammer Bros. fell from the vents into the room.

"Uh-oh," Cyrius said to himself as the Hammer Bros. approached him.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

Twilli followed the instructions to create several various potions of different colors. By the time she finished, she couldn't remember which one did what. The colors were weird too. If you mixed the green and red potions, you got orange. Blue and purple made pink. It was crazy.

Twilli stored the various vials in her pockets and left the room. That was fun, but she still had no idea where she was. She reached another intersection and her coin flip told her to go right. A little ways down this path, she came to a small ladder in the wall that lead up to an air vent.

An idea slowly crossed her min and she began to climb the ladder. Sound traveled farther in vents, so she might be able to hear where the others were. She climbed into the cramped vent and immediately heard some kind of alarm off in the distance. She quickly began to crawl towards the sound.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius

The Hammer Bros. approached Cyrius. One of them held up his hammer and was preparing to slam his hammer onto the Yoshi. Cyrius used his Tongue Grab on the Hammer. The mallet went into Cyrius's mouth. The Hammer Bros. yelled, "Hey! Give that back!"

"Okay," replied Cyrius. He spat out the hammer into all but one of the hammer bros. which knocked them out. He apologized, "Sorry."

The one still standing said, "Not yet, but you will be." He approached Cyrius with his hammer held high.

"Uh-oh..." said Cyrius as he backed away.

Son_of_Shadows

Josh - Rogueport Sewers

"I'm sorry..." he said, helping the small Goomba to its feet.

"Never mind me! Get out of here, that guy's a psycho!" the fungus yelled. He was obviously in a panicked state.

"That guy?" Josh's curiosity was aroused. He'd heard that the Key was dangerous. Ergo, he'd need a psycho to go there for him. Jackpot.

"The Dry Bones! I barely made it out alive! He clipped my bro's wings!"

"Paragoombas can survive without their wings," he sighed dismissively. Josh may be timid, but even he wasn't scared of a tiny little Goomba. Who was? The poor little creature ran off, probably for his mother. Josh headed in the opposite direction to him...towards the "psycho" Dry Bones.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

Twilli looked down through the vent covering to find Cyrius battling some Hammer Bros. Twilli reached into her pocket and withdrew a vail of yellow liquid. "I hope this isn't the growth serum." she said as she tossed the vail at the last remaining Hammer Bro. The vail shattered on his shell and the yellow liquid quickly sank in. He suddenly grew to three times his normal size.

Oops.

"Sorry!" she called down to Cyrius. "I'll try to fix it."

She quickly reached for another vial, this one pink, and threw it at Cyrius. Cyrius suddenly became incredibly fact.

"You can do it!" she said.

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius

Cyrius was backing away from the Hammer Bros., next thing he knew the Koopa grew massive in size. He was getting very scared now. Then he heard Twilli say, "Sorry! I'll try to fix it." She threw a glass bottle at Cyrius. It shattered and some pink liquid covered Cyrius. He felt something tingle inside him. Twilli yelled, "You can do it!" Cyrius slightly blushed.

The Hammer Bros. started to attack Cyrius with his hammer, but the Yoshi had increased speed. He easily dodged all the hammer strikes that were thrown at him. Cyrius said, "Well, here goes nothing." He stuck out his tongue and started to spin the Hammer Bros. around with his Tongue Lasso. The Hammer Bros became dizzy and started to fall down.

-----------------

Daku

Daku continued deeper into the sewers. He looked around and noticed some creature with a sheet over its body. "What kind of sick joke is this?" he thought to himself, thinking this was a lame attempt to look like a ghost. He went up to the creature and yelled, "Hey you! I have something for ghost imposters like you!" He drew his Bone Blade and started to charge toward the Duplighost. He started off by yelling "Preparation!"

The Blade's Dark Aura surrounded the Dry Bones. Then he called, "Bone Slash!" He then attempted to attack the sheeted ghost.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

Cyrius used his newfound speed to outmaneuver the now oversized Hammer Bro. He used his tongue to spin the Hammer Bro causing him to become dizzy. The Hammer Bro stumbled around for a bit before hitting his head hard against the metal way, knocking himself out.

"That was awesome!" Twilli said as she jumped down from the vent. She landed on the Hammer Bro's shell and slid down to the floor. "You really showed him."

She looked around the room. "Wait, wheres the Prof.?"

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Twilli looked around the room and asked, "Wait, wheres the Prof.?"

"I thought he was with you," replied Cyrius. He looked up toward the vent to see that the Goomba was not with her. "That's odd, I wonder where he went......I wonder..."
Cyrius ran up to the super computer and viewed the different moniters. One of them showed the old Goomba was in one of the hallways.

As he pointed toward the moniter, Cyrius said, "There he is."

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

Twilli looked first at the screen, then at the long series of passageways they needed to go down to get to the Prof. "We'll never make it to him. We'll get lost again for sure."

She took out her remaining potions. one each of green, orange, and red. One was an invisibility potion, one a shrinking potion and one was a sleep potion, but she had no idea which was which.

"What do we do now?" she asked before an idea struck her. "Hey, does that computer have a speaker?"

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Cyrius
"I don't know let me check," replied Cyrius as he started to look at all the different controls. He leaned on top of the computer. The palm of his hand pressed a button. The main monitor of the screen started to flash. It showed a blue screen.

A metallic voice said, "I am TEC-XXI. A computer perfect in my programming. How may I serve you?"

"Can you tell us how to get there?" asked Cyrius as he pointed toward the monitor with Prof. Frankly on it.

"Yes," replied TEC-XXI, "follow the voice of my speakers in the hallway and I will lead you to him."

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Twilli

"Cool, thanks Tec." Twilli said.

She turned to Cyrius, "Let's go find the Prof.!" she said with one hand raised. A weird poof noise came from the corner and Twilli turned to see the Hammer Bro return to normal size in a puff of yellow smoke.

"Your speed will probably run out soon to." she said. "We should go, Franky's probably worried about us." She headed over to the door. "Let's go."

Son_of_Shadows

Josh - Rogueport Sewers

"EEP! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!" he yelled, sinking to his knees. It didn't work. The Dry Bones continued his charge. Only one thing for it.

"Sonic Scream!" he cried. Josh shrieked at the top of his lungs, in an attempt to stun his assailant. Nearby windows were shattered instantly by powerful sound waves. He could even be heard above ground, though, only near the pipe. Then he realised something. Dry Bones don't have ears! But, they can hear, so, this should still work... If it doesn't, I've got one more ace up my sleeve...