• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Para support, kinda.

Earthquake92

Standard OU Shoddy Ladder team:

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

** My be replaced with Jolly CBRachi, look down a few posts and give opinions.

Hypnosis allows me to quickly hit things I am unable to kill and / or pose and immediate threat to my team. Shadow Ball / Focus Blast for that nice Ghost / Fighting type coverage and Hidden Power Ice for those nice OU Dragons.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Yeah... I know a Jolly variant of Choice Band Garchomp would be a lot better but I am in favor of the +Attack nature since my team is going to be whoring out paralysis quite a bit. Dragon Claw lets me scout for Steel types that may expect an Outrage and still has a lot of power behind it. Once I realize that the Steels on the opponent's side are eliminated I'll clean up the mess with a few Outrages. Stone Edge is for hitting fliers a bit easier that may expect an Earthquake.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Reflect

With Ice Beam you have to absolutely crazy to not switch out your Ground type which usually gets me a free paralysis on an enemy Pokémon. Rest over Moonlight because I have an Aromatherapy Blissey on my team and SS hurts Moonlight anyways. Reflect just for support.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled

I thought two paralysis abusers would we enough to ***** out enough Thunder Waves to cripple a nice part of the opponent in then switch in Tyranitar / Garchomp in to deal some major damage. Aromatherapy for Cresselia as well as curing me of status afflictions. No Ice Beam on this because Cresselia does the job a bit better.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 62 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Standard Choice Band Tyranitar, I usually switch this in against certain paralyzed Pokémon and do some nice damage, then switch out. Sadly, this is my best Skarmory / Forretress counter at the moment because Stone Edge does over 53% damage and the Spikes they lay really hurt after a while.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/206 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock

I realized that if I didn't put this here SD Weavile kills me.

0.o

Last edited:

Miror F.

Grasshoppah
Yeah... Weavile is a biiiig problem for you.

Individually, those guys are great, but their weaknesses are so awfully coordinated.
A good team, but Bronzong will have very little downtime.

Icup

If your team relies on para support it fails because it's on the most predictable pokes and and it can get all blown away with aromatherapy, you should try covering your weaknesses and get some synergy.

Earthquake92

Yeah; I notice that already when I had to take out a few Pokémon and replace them a while ago when I first got this team started.

What I am really trying to do is catch those annoying really fast and fragile sweepers with a Thunder Wave which really renders them nearly useless because all Weavile and Infernape have going for them is their Attack / Speed so what I constantly have to do is switch out depending on what move I predct they are going to use rather than have a nice firm counter then catch them on the turn afterwards.

Opposing teams with aromatherapy have screwed me over multiple times; maybe I can make my Gengar a novelty ScarfGar with Explosion to take Blissey off my back from the start and have Bronzong as an alternate Hypnosis user?

Suggestions?

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
If you're going to be focusing on Pyara you need a way to dish it out via Body Slam so you can hit Grounds. Togekiss and Jirachi are really your only options there (Dunsparace!).

Earthquake92

I think I may go with the Jolly Choice Band 'Jirachi lead and slap Body Slam somewhere on there... no Thunder because of Sandstorm making it unreliable. U-Turn is nice too for scouting switches so that I can predict later with a CB'er.

Jolly w/ Standard 80 HP / 176 Speed / 252 Attack
- U-Turn
- Body Slam
- Zen Headbutt
- ThunderPunch / Ice Punch

Now I have a 5/6 Infernape weakness and the only thing I can do is send in Cresselia, try to paralyze it, and cripple it which isn't a reliable way of dealing with Infernape especially when my opponent knows how weak I am.

Leaning more towards ThunderPunch because Cresselia deals with the OU Dragons for me and takes out my main attackers. Bodly Slam is for the extra paralysis rate and the 'Paralysis Team' theme and Zen Headbutt is great for flinching. U-Turn is great for Celebi who lols at almost anything here besides Tyranitar. And as Sunday said, it lets me hit grounds, especially any Garchomp switch ins that may for some reason thing I am running Thunder.

I remember using Dunsparce in an OU team in ADV with a surprise HP Fight because people kept swtching in their Tars hoping to get a free sub... it was pretty fun.

Last edited: