• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paradise to Pain, Preview From the Future!

Dilasc

Boip!
I have had yet another bolt of inspiration! I have come up with a new storyline. Now, before I begin, I assume you all know well and good about Dust to Deceit, the story that someone could either love or hate. I know many of you are probably sick and tired of hear me drone on and on about it, but this is not technically about DtD. Instead, this is about a alternate turn of events, and thus, coexists with DtD. If anyone wants to get on the waitinglist for this story, just let me know, since this story won’t be released for a while. Not until I’m much further along in DtD... if I didn’t, I’d be spoiling the plot of Dust to Deceit. Basically, this story is an alternative universe that branches off from normal events.

So, before I begin, I am going to assume you know nothing about DtD. It’s okay if you don’t, honestly, but if you do, you probably don’t need to read this part. Anyway, DtD takes place in Kertonmel, a region located in Mongolia. This region is inland, far from the ocean, and life is harsh, and the people are more open about their opinions! This land has been reshaped many times. First, it was by dragons, and then it was by demons, who almost ripped the land apart.

Now, these demons... these five Oni, hold a power. When they come together and mix their evil, they create chaos and destruction with the capability to destroy all advanced life on Earth. Many greater powers have kept the demons under control, but in this story, that safety only lasted so long. The demon’s power, the Viral Storm of Souls, has been unleashed. The winds have stopped, the land is dying, and the moon has crashed into the planet... and yet life has, through a strange miracle, managed to survive and return.

One has witnessed this horrendous, destructive event, and has been suspended in time. Now, a few thousand years later, he awakens from his state of suspended animation, in order to ensure that this event never happens again. This person... his name... is Verick, and this is his story that transcends time to an age of epic, angst filled proportions. This is his story, and all you need to fear, is his funny accent, and the grammar errors that purposefully exist due to it. After all... he’s not speaking his main language. Basically, his language/accent is a mixture of Russian, German, and Norse. Of course, if Nordic accents don’t suit your style, there will be a translated out of broken English not too far away at the end. So, hopefully you’ve read this part, and won’t complain about the repetitiveness later.

So, if you know DtD, you'll know Verick is that foriegn guy with red hair, and not much stoyline yet, mostly due to his newness, so I figured, let's give the boy his chance to truly shine! If you want to skip the part with accentation, just scroll down. You'll be pleased to know, if you dislike the accent, Verick will not be narrating from a first person perspective beyond this intro, I promise!

I know I don't get many readers for any of my works. You'd all rather read other stories by better authors, but find in your hearts the compassion to read this. Icould use feedback about whether to follow through on this, and whether you like it, hate it, or whatever you wish to say about this story. I will say this. You will probably have lots of questions about plot. That's okay. All you need

Intro

They vere gone... everyting, wast gone! Vithout much of a trace, ya, everysing was gone! In but a blink of mine eyes, everysing changed. The trees, the sky... everythink. Vas it done? Had the demons truly done the deed zey had set out to do? The sky ist not blue. I know there is not a cloud in sight, as I still see the sun, und it ist bright and shiny. The sky itself ist tinted red, vith a hint of grey and black. It looks so dismal, and fit... fit for ze demons.

I look vhere I am. I am lying down on what appears to be a mattress. It ist strangely comfy, as zough it were years ahead of it is time, and snappink my attention avay from the vindow to ze outside world, a voice snaps me to attention. “You are awake at last.” it says. Its tone sounds strangely fluent, yet it almost sounds as though it is talking directly to my mind. As I sit up, und turn to my talker, I am in for ze shock.

The face I see, it ist not entirely humanoid. Zere is a yellow tint to his face, und a star on hist forehead. Zis... creature, it is not vearing any clothes, and sports a thick, yellow mustache. In what appears to be a belt at its waist, I see vhat appears to be und spoon. Zis humanoid, zough its arms und legs are that of a man, its face and tail ist that of... of a Kadabra! Vhat ist goink on? Is zist be some sort oof dream?

The creature opens its hand, revealing a three finkered hand as yellow as the rest of it, as its tail svishes from zide to zide behind it. “Calm down. Your awakening has been expected for years now.”

“Vhat?” I ask. “How could zat be?” No really, how can zis be? Years? Vhy vould... wait! Somezing ist not right here. Zere ist somethink about the Kadabra creature I think I’m forgetting.

“Relax, Verick.” the foxy humanoid began in a calm tone. “Even without my mind reading skills, I can tell that you are filled with questions.” At zat, the creature grabbed the spoon at its belt, and held it in it is hand. How qvaint a qvality such as that vhich a Kadabra could possess. I never didst understand vhy they held onto spoons. I alvays thought, vhen I was a little boy back in the old country, that Kadabras used zere spoons to eat people’s brains... sort of like zey were diggink into a brainy wad of bubble gum, zen eat it whole.

“Start answerink!” I say in a very excited tone. I am in a panic, and am not liking it.

The Kadabra man smiles. “The explanation is simple. You are in the future.” Call me crazy, but I am not liking ze sound of that. I suppose zat could make sense for now, but I vill want more. I vant more answers now!

“Calm yourself, Verick.” The creature says. I really vish I had a name to place on this odd creature. I don’t vant to call it the Kadabra beast forever. “You can call me Khalid, if you must placate a name upon me.” It says, the vonders of mind reading showing their potential. “You have been asleep for, according to what I’ve been told, about twelve centuries. The current year, is three thousand, two hundred forty-one.”

Okay, I think I am havink a bad, or rather, a weird dream. Zere’s a strange beast standing in front of me, and he claims zat I have gone tvelve hundred und thirty-six years into the future. Wow, zat’s crazy! How could I traverse time so freely like zat?

“You are here,” Khalid began to explain, “because you were preserved through an induced state of stasis.”

“Why me?” I asked curiously. I vanted to know what could possibly be zo great about me, as to let me be able to travel to this future. Zough, as I think about it, I don’t think it’s so great a future, and the dark red sky vould be a good reason, ya. After all, I haf learned that the red sky ist often a bad sign for ze seafarer. Being a Viking, zere ist always talk and history of ze old days, when Vikings raided ze main continent zat the old country resides in.

The Kadabra mixture shrugged. “I’m not too sure,” It replied in its semi-telepathic voice, vhich truly had me a bit peeved. “but I’ll bet the reason isn’t linked to your grasp of our language.” To zis rudeness, Khalid chuckled. Dah! I tink zat I’ve had enough accent persecution from zat blasted Phillip, ja!

My mind wanders to ze unstable boy at his mention. Phil... he vas a bit of a jerk, but zere were good qvaulities to you. The unly problem is, I can’t thinking of any of zem, but still, jou are missed. “Zat’s not funny!” I state irately. I don’t be liking the rudeness that this Khalid freak ist saying. I vants answers though, and want them now! This Khalid is thinking he ist so perfect...

“Perfect?” he questions. Dah! He can be readink my mind. I almost forgot that he ist psychic. He chuckled as he held his tin spoon un front of my face. “I have an obsession with a piece of silverware that I just can’t do things do.”

“Zat Spoon?” I ask, simply indulgink his question.

“There is no spoon!” he snaps, hist hand graspink my neck weakly, “It’s all in your mind!” I guess zat if Phil vere here, he’d smack Khalid for saying a cliche.

I can’t believe zis! I know I haven’t been mentionink it much, but my heartbeat ist very fast, and I am very
scared. Who vouldn’t be? I am stuck far in ze future vith no friends, no family, und a stupid Kadabra.

“I resent that.” the Kadabra said in disappointment, havink read my mind vonce more. I must say, It ist annoyink to have a strange fox scan jour every thought vithout any form of effort needed. “I hear every rude comment you think, just so you know.”

Maybe it ist time to get down to business. Vith a stamp of my foot, on what appears to be a carpeted floor, I begin to speak. “Vhat’s goink on?” I demand. “Vhy are jou here?” I ask, barraging ze foxvith questions, “Why am I here? Vhat is going on? What brought jou here? Where am I? What are you? Vhat is this place?” Yea, so I am in a panic, and am askink a lot of qvestions. Fact remains, though, that I am scared, und lost.

This strange Khalid sighs calmly. Perhaps finally, I will be gettink answers. “Why you are here is simple, really.” The foxman chuckles as he glances at hist spoon und moves it about to reflect vhatever light he can. “You are in the future,” he replies, “and...” he pauses. My tension ist rising at this, “We are on Gretkan.”

Okay. Vell,I will be needink a minute here. In fact, I need to be screaming at ze top of my lungs happily!Zis hast to being a dream! Gretkan? Ze Gretkan zat Orbital Occultists vorldvide have been seekink for decades? I am being on ze surface! Zis ist a dream come true! Vhy zere ist no vay this can be true. Dah! I am cheerink for joy, because I am now onst Gretkan, ze terrestrial plant as big as the mighty Jupiter!

Wait a second! Ist Khalid laughink? Is laughing at me? “Vhat is so funny?” I ask in a confused, yet still blissfully happy tone.

Khalid snorts, as he holds his empty left hand un front of his face vith opened palms. “I... I’m just kidding!” he blurts out in betveen laughing. “You’re still on Earth, and in Kertonmel.”

I slump at this. How dare he play vith my emotions so wrongly! “Jou jerk!” I blurt out. “Why did you say that?”

“Fo kicks,” replied Khalid in a calm tone. Kicks vould be a good idea at zis time, right in hist groin! “But seriously now, listen up!”

For now, I decide to remain calm und unrelentink. After all, I have no idea vhere I am, or what this man ist. “Very vell. Speak!”

Khalid nods, still chucklink over ze look on my face after his trick. “Well, Verick,” the Kadabra begins, “I am what you of your time would call a hybrid, I suppose.” His words are a bit odd, but I am listenink all ze same. “It is not a rarity in this time, so you can stop thinking it is.”

I nod in response. “Vhy am I here?” I vant to know this one most of all. The Kadabra’s hand ist on its chin as it thinks this over until it comes up vith an answer.

“I don’t know.” Zat isn’t the answer is vas looking for. “However, from scanning your mind, I think it might have something to do with the Oni that appear in your visions.” He paused at this point, his words careful as he spoke. “The Oni managed to succeed in their ultimate goal.”

“Ze Storm of Souls!” I blurted out. I knew it vell. As a member of ze once Orbital Occult, I knew vell about ze Oni, and the battle that vas waged. “They won? Zey won und destroyed ze world?” No, zat can’t be. Ve are still here, und I am still alive.

“Yes.” Khalid replied with a solemn nod. “They won, and crashed our moon into the planet, somewhere around Eastern Russia. It was the death and destruction that they sought to attain... and they got it.”

Translated Version

They were gone... everything, was gone! Without much of a trace, everything was gone! In but a blink of my eyes, everything changed. The trees, the sky... everything. Was it done? Had the demons truly done the deed they had set out to do? The sky is not blue. I know there is not a cloud in sight, as I still see the sun, and it is bright and shiny. The sky itself is tinted red, with a hint of grey and black. It looks so dismal, and fit... fit for the demons.

I look where I am. I am lying down on what appears to be a mattress. It is strangely comfy, as though it were years ahead of it is time, and snapping my attention away from the window to the outside world, a voice snaps me to attention. “You are awake at last.” it says. Its tone sounds strangely fluent, yet it almost sounds as though it is talking directly to my mind. As I sit up, and turn to my talker, I am in for a shock.

The face I see is not entirely humanoid. There is a yellow tint to his face, and a star on its forehead. This... creature, it is not wearing any clothes, and sports a thick, yellow mustache. In what appears to be a belt at its waist, I see what appears to be a spoon. This humanoid, though its arms and legs are that of a man, its face and tail is that of... of a Kadabra! What is going on? Is this be some sort of dream?

The creature opens its hand, revealing a three fingered hand as yellow as the rest of is, as its tail swishes from side to side behind it. “Calm down. Your awakening has been expected for years now.”

“What?” I ask. “How could that be?” No really, how can this be? Years? Why would... wait! Something is not right here. There is something about the Kadabra creature I think I’m forgetting.

“Relax, Verick.” the foxy humanoid began in a calm tone. “Even without my mind reading skills, I can tell that you are filled with questions.” At that, the creature grabbed the spoon at its belt, and held it in it is hand. How quaint a quality such as that which a Kadabra could possess. I never did understand why they held onto spoons. I always thought, when I was a little boy back in the old country, that Kadabras used their spoons to eat people’s brains... sort of like they were digging into a brainy wad of bubble gum, then ate it whole in one gulp.

“Start answering!” I say in a very excited tone. I am in a panic, and am not liking it.

The Kadabra man smiles. “The explanation is simple. You are in the future.” Call me crazy, but I am not liking the sound of that. I suppose that could make sense for now, but I will want more. I want more answers now!

“Calm yourself, Verick.” The creature says. I really wish I had a name to place on this odd creature. I don’t want to call it the Kadabra beast forever. “You can call me Khalid, if you absolutely must placate a name upon me.” It says, the wonders of mind reading showing their potential. “You have been asleep for, according to what I’ve been told, about twelve centuries. The current year, is three thousand, two hundred forty-one.”

Okay, I think I am having a bad, or rather, a weird dream. There’s a strange beast standing in front of me, and he claims that I have gone twelve hundred and thirty-six years into the future. Wow, that’s crazy! How could I traverse time so freely like that?

“You are here,” Khalid began to explain, “because you were preserved through an induced state of stasis.”

“Why me?” I asked curiously. I wanted to know what could possibly be so great about me, as to let me be able to travel to this future. Though, as I think about it, I don’t think it’s so great a future, and the dark red sky would be a good reason. After all, I have learned that the red sky is often a bad sign for the seafarer. Being a Viking, there is always talk and history of the old days, when Vikings raided the main continent that the old country resides in.

The Kadabra mixture shrugged. “I’m not too sure,” It replied in its semi-telepathic voice, which truly had me a bit peeved. “but I’ll bet the reason isn’t linked to your grasp of our language.” To this rudeness, Khalid chuckled. Dah! I tink that I’ve had enough accent persecution from that blasted Phillip!

My mind wanders to the unstable boy at his mention. Phil... he was a bit of a jerk, but there were good qualities to you. The only problem is, at this time, I can’t thinking of any of them. Still, I miss him. “That’s not funny!” I state irately. I don’t like the rudeness that this Khalid freak is saying. I vwnts answers though, and want them now! This Khalid is thinking he is so perfect...

“Perfect?” he questions. Dah! He can read my mind. I almost forgot that he is psychic for a second there. He chuckled as he held his tin spoon un front of my face. “I have an obsession with a piece of silverware that I just can’t do things to.”

“That Spoon?” I ask, simply indulging his question.

“There is no spoon!” he snaps, hist hand grasping my neck weakly, “It’s all in your mind!” I guess that if Phil were here, he’d smack Khalid for saying a cliche. Always used to hate cliches very much.

I can’t believe this! I know I haven’t been mention it much, but my heartbeat is going very fast, and I am scared. Who wouldn’t be? I am stuck far in the future with no friends, no family, and a stupid Kadabra.

“I resent that.” the Kadabra said in disappointment, having read my mind once more. I must say, It is annoying to have a strange fox scan your every thought without any form of effort needed. “I hear every rude comment you think, just so you know.”

Maybe it is time to get down to business. With a stamp of my foot, on what appears to be a carpeted floor, I begin to speak. “What’s going on?” I demand. “Why are you here?” I ask, barraging the fox with questions, “Why am I here? What is going on? What brought you here? Where am I? What are you? What is this place?” Yea, so I am in a panic, and am asking a lot of questions. Fact remains, though, that I am scared, and lost.

This strange Khalid sighs calmly. Perhaps finally, I will be getting answers. “Why you are here is simple, really.” The foxman chuckles as he glances at hist spoon and moves it about to reflect whatever light he can from the sun. “You are in the future,” he replies, “and...” he pauses. My tension is rising at this, “We are on Gretkan.”

Okay. Well, I will need a minute here. In fact, I need to scream at thee top of my lungs, happily! This has to being a dream! Gretkan? The Gretkan that Orbital Occultists worldwide have been seeking for decades? I am on its surface! This is a dream come true! Why there is no way this can be true. Dah! I am cheering for joy, because I am now on Gretkan, the terrestrial plant as big as the mighty Jupiter!

Wait a second! Is Khalid laughing? Is laughing at me? “What is so funny?” I ask in a confused, yet still blissfully happy tone.

Khalid snorts, as he holds his empty left hand an front of his face with opened palms. “I... I’m just kidding!” he blurts out in between laughing. “You’re still on Earth, and in Kertonmel.”

I slump at this. How dare he play with my emotions so wrongly! “You jerk!” I blurt out. “Why did you say that?”

“Fo kicks,” replied Khalid in a calm tone. Kicks would be a good idea at this time, right in his groin! “But seriously now, listen up!”

For now, I decide to remain calm and patient. After all, I have no idea where I am, or what this man is. I have very few options. “Very well. Speak!”

Khalid nods, still chuckling over the look on my face after his trick. “Well, Verick,” the Kadabra begins, “I am what you of your time would call a hybrid, I suppose.” His words are a bit odd, but I am listening all the same. “It is not a rarity in this time, so you can stop thinking it is.”

I nod in response. “Why am I here?” I want to know this one most of all. The Kadabra’s hand is on its chin as it thinks this over until it comes up with an answer.

“I don’t know.” That isn’t the answer is vas looking for. “However, from scanning your mind, I think it might have something to do with the Oni that appear in your visions.” He paused at this point, his words careful as he spoke. “The Oni managed to succeed in their ultimate goal.”

“The Storm of Souls!” I blurt out. I knew it Well. As a member of the once Orbital Occult, I knew well about the Oni, and the battle that was waged. “They won? They won and destroyed the world?” No, that can’t be. We are still here, and I am still alive.

“Yes.” Khalid replies with a solemn nod. “They won, and crashed the moon into the planet, far to the east. It was the death and destruction that they sought to attain... and they got it!”

End

I know this intro will leave you filled with questions, if you are interested, so that's why I'm whipping up a first chapter to go along with it, that should answer a few questions, and hopefully continue to grip your interest.

blackemerald

Very nice. Although it may seem a bit alien to those who haven't read DtD, you did a nice job here portraying the charaters. The description was suited to this, as I feel it would have slowed down the flow. Some of your words, however, didn't fit in with the tense you have.

~B.E

Dilasc

Boip!
Sometimes I feel as though my work is so very invisible. Anyway...

Blackemerald: It is part of the point. Verick speaks in a broken English (which technically should be Mongolian, but I don't think I'm going to o look up the Mongolian language when probably nobody here wants to hear a language they won't know.) Due to this, he ruins the drama, and it is intentional and thus you will see things such as it is in place of its (the possessive kind) namely because he either doesn't know, or is being careless in his wording.

Anyway, I hope I don't remain invisible to everyone much longer. I could use the feedback. I could make it worth your time... somehow.

I also have an important question based mostly on opinion. Should I go with the European accent or not? I know it can be hard to read, but it lets you know that Verick is speaking, and can be funny at times, I'm sure. So, what's the verdict?

Last edited:

Dilasc

Boip!
Well, I don't know why I even bother sometimes, since nobody reads my hard work anyway! You all rather read other authors and that makes me a sad sad author. Ugh, if only someone had posted since my last post THREE DAYS AGO, this wouldn't look like a bump.

Anyway, I will be posting a first chapter soon to help flesh this out and show more to the plot. I'm sure many of you are turned off by the hybrids, but I'll say this: this hybridization is brought about by evolution! Let me explain as best I can!

Now, as you all may or may not be aware, evolution occurs in quick spurts, usually when it is needed. That is exactly what happened. With the moon crashing into the planet, which should obliterate all life that consists of more than one cell, but didn't, the few survivors needed a miracle. In a way, everyone got it: the ability to breed with anything, provided your choice of mate is not of your same gender. With this change, which took about three years to fully occur, Pokemon became attracted to Pokemon they normally couldn't breed with, and with humans as well. Suffice to say, unlike the way things used to be, this breeding caused a hybridization of sorts. After about a century though, the hybridization stopped, leaving whatever species remained as Earth's creatures. When reproducing, children take on either the species of the mother or father, no matter which gender they are. Some species are more the dominant gene, however.

Now, much of this theory doesn't follow scientific theory. Well, that's okay! It is believed that some legendary involvement both prevented all extinction, and helped spread magic to bring about hormonal and genetic changes in all creatures everywhere. Heck, it had to be magic for Voltorbs and Dittos and other genderless beasts to start growing genitalia! Simply put, science and magic collide and work in the DtD universe, which PtP is part of.

And now, I ask, no, I beg! READ! PLEASE! I am writing for your enjoyment, not mine! To know that I am entertaining you is semi-satisfactory... which is the best I can hope for from life. So... what are you waiting for? I don't want to stay so invisible!

Hopefully, my explanation is not cliche, otherwise I'll need to rewrite it in an even less cliche matter to make sure I garner your reading.

S

Shiny_deoxys

Dude, I don't know what you are talking about. This is a GREAT fic. Very original, and intriguing. Of course it left me with confusion, but that all right because a good fic never tells everything to the reader.

I really liked it, expecially the untranslated version. It personified the main character more and was interesting trying to read. I laughed a little to myself as I tried to decifer it. It was like he was a mad scientist or something, very original on this site as well.

The evolution thing is very good. It showed what pokemon and humans would turn to in that situation. Although some things are still confusing to me, I am excited to be an avid reader when you post the first chapter.

I only found one typo.

I need to scream at thee top of my lungs

It's "the"

Please continue. I think the only reason people didn't review this is because it is different. But have patience, and I'm sure lots of people will be reading it in no time.

To all the readers, I think it would be a crime not to review this marvelous piece of work. So do it.

Dilasc

Boip!
Do you really think its that good? I was going to post a first chapter here as a final part to the preview... and in fact, I think I will, but I would really like to hear a few more opinions on whether or not this story would be a good idea or not. After all, this big undertaking will take a YEAR to write, as its release date is set for 2007, and yet I won't even be finished by then. I'll still probably be writing new chapters while posting something that is eight chapters or more away from completion! So, any thoughts? Please?

S

Shiny_deoxys

Yes I have some thoughts. Perhaps you could PM some of the top reviewers on this site and ask what they think. Even though I enjoyed it, I can only convey one opinion.

The things I enjoyed, and other people probably will too, was the originality. It was amazing the way that you thought the earth would be like in the time of great calamity.

I don't know, the only thing that I see with this is people must be intimidated by the awesome writing style that they are left without words. I mean, you've had 108 veiws; I don't know why anyone is not replying.

My suggestion is that you should wait about a week or so, see if you get any luck on replies and such, and then post it regardless. Then see if that gets any bites. Good luck.

Dilasc

Boip!
Well, here’s the chapter one. Enjoy it, and try to remember the name of this story. It’s, as I hope it will be, going to be a big undertaking and hopefully a smash hit when its ready to be released. Remember, if Verick’s accent is annoying, I’m going to have to say DEAL WITH IT! Don’t worry too much though, because his accent is going to be dealt with soon enough. In fact, in this final peak into Paradise to Pain before its release in 2007 (or sooner if the demand goes up,) the accent goes bye-bye right here, right now! Oh, and if you’re wondering what a ‘Fudgie’ is, you find out in Dust to Deceit. Seeing as there will be fanmade Pokemon in strange hybridized mixbreedings, you’ll find yourself often confused. That, however, is to be expected.

So, here we go! The chapter isn't titled yet, and don't complain about the icky Pokephelia committed, as it's been going on for over twelve centuries in this fic.

Chapter 1

Many questions flooded Verick’s mind. He was a thinker, and a boy dreamed as far as the galaxy, and beyond. Yet, as he sat in this bedroom, glancing out the window into the dust filled skies above, he had to wonder if this was even real. “If ze demons crashed the moon, how did life survive, ja?”

Khalid, whose appearance was that of a frail fox in a human body, shrugged his large, yellow shoulders. “I am not sure,” Khalid began, as he tilted his head to the side, “but is believed that intervention from some of the most powerful Pokemon helped mitigate losses as best they could.”

The young Viking understandably had a million questions or more that he wanted to ask. “Vhat are you? Jou appear human, but are Kadabra at same time, ya.”

“Am I?” The Kadabra asked with a grin. “Am I honestly to goodness what you think I am?”

Verick nodded. “Ja! You certainly are a Kadabra, vith human features.” The question from the Kadabra seemed so obvious that it almost seemed senseless, but still, the Viking indulged the Kadabra just for the heck of it, especially considering that said Kadabra was currently his only source of answers.

“Well, you’ll understand easily enough,” the Kadabra sighed, closing its eyes and raising its three fingered hand to the air in front of it. As it did, a book from a nearby shelf in the room flew towards a nearby brown table which was equipped with a single chair. As it landed with a plop, the book opened up, and landed on a precise page.

“Vha...”

Verick’s questioning was swiftly interrupted, “I am a psychic. There’s no way I’m lugging a heavy book around with my poor physique.” Khalid responded. “I’d break my back lugging that heavy tome around.”

Verick nodded. “I see... so vhat is this I’m readink?” he asked, as he approached the book carefully. For such a far future, the book looked relatively simple, seeming to suggest to Verick that technology was not all it was cracked up to be.

Khalid groaned. “If you think that book is weak, maybe you should press the nob at the top of the book. Then, if you still think technological growth sucks, go ahead and whine like a little baby. How does that sound?”

Verick shrugged his shoulders. “Fine, I vill read.”
Khalid smiled, and began to walk out of the room. “By the way, since you’re full blooded human...” he trailed, holding a small orange colored pill in his hand, “You may want to take this.”

Verick grimaced at the idea of accepting drugs from utter strangers. He may have been foreign to Mongol customs, but he was not a complete fool. The idea of being subjected to drugging was oh so common no matter what corner of the globe it occurred in. “So, I press zis button...” he trailed, not even noticing the hybrid Pokemon walk out of the room.

As the button at the top of the book was pressed, the book began to glow, and a blue laser of light harmlessly struck the Viking’s skull. As it did, voices filled his head, talking to him, and he soon realized that the words were being spoken directly into his brain by the book itself. Such a technological advancement was astounding in of itself. He would have wondered what other advancements that this future had to offer, if it weren’t for the fact that his brain was being filled with words at a very fast pace, and in spite of their speed, Verick had no trouble keeping up with the pace of what he needed to know.

As Verick read, Khalid had gone to his living room to relax. There was something strange about that human, especially ever since those strange psychic readings that Khalid picked up a few days ago. It was then amongst the rabble of the fallen cave that he had found the stasis locked Verick, alive and unharmed amongst the debris of the cave that had once been home to the legendary portal... the now missing legend, Vortexaco.

He didn’t get to think for too long on his simple, green, rundown couch, for a knock at his front door snapped him out of his thoughts. A quick mind reading was all he needed before speaking up loudly. “Come on in!”

Being unlocked, the door opened, and what stood before him was an oddity of a creature even stranger than Khalid was. The fact that this creature didn’t even look much like a human at all, even if it was bipedal. Sure, its pinkish skin that seemed to look like a dress on its body, combined with the green structure on her head that looked like hair done up in red spiked pigtails gave it a human appearance, but beyond that, this creature was not human. In fact, its white belly and thin zigzagging tail, which ended in a soft, blue sphere, compounded with its legs that were of the same green as its hair were certainly odd. Ending this picture imperfect vision, the green legs ended at blue, flat feet that looked much like shoes. Atop her hair, a pair of blue mouse ears sat behind the two spikes of red.

“Hello Khalid.” she greeted with a curt nod, as her red eyes blinked at his sight.

“Sophia!” he smiled. “I almost forgot that it was Wednesday,” he grinned, continuing to smile as he spoke to his friend “how has your day been?”

Sophia, the woman with the pink, green and blue, shrugged her two fingered hands, “It’s just the same as always. You know how it goes.”

The Kadabra nodded as he grasped his all important spoon tightly. “Yes, I am well aware. Did you manage to find a better job in your hunt?” he asked curiously.

“Your not gonna probe my mind, Khalid,” she stated honestly with a displeased undertone, “you should know better than that by now that I can easily keep you out of my mind.”

“Of course I know that,” Khalid replied as he held his spoon to the dim lighting in the room, even with the sun shining in through the window, the sky’s red tint darkened the sun’s rays and reduced amount of light that would be allowed to penetrate through the atmosphere above. “I do hope you are going to give up your... current job.”

The green haired woman shook her head. “No, I will not. I need that job, Khalid. I need it badly in order to pay my rent and survive. It may be pitiful, but it’s the best I can manage.”

“You are a *****, Sophia!” Khalid stated sternly. He had shown his anger again, as he had done many times before in this very same disagreement. “Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling your body to big daddy Fudgie, or do you want to put tap into your true potential? You’re only fifteen, you know!”

Sophia turned away, showing the back of her head to Khalid with a saddened face, yet she spoke with an angry demeanor. “What potential?” she asked. “What goddamned potential do you goddamned see in me? Well?” she turned to face him, rage in her red eyes, as she grasped the bottom of his neck. “Do you think I want to stay a prostitute forever? Do you think I like selling my body to utter strangers? Do you...”

It was at this point that footsteps had startled the woman out of her dramatic, angst-filled speech. What she saw before her was truly amazing. A visage of red hair, and a thin mustache as well amidst a human face. The strangest, and most intriguing thing about what she saw was his humanity. She couldn’t truly describe it, but he looked very... alluring.

“Vell, Khalid, I have finished ze book, ya. I really liked ze part about ze second coming of Gorge Bushin, in ze year tventy-seven eighty-three.” Verick smiled. “It ist truly amazink how qvickly that ze story vas absorbed into my brain. I get ze feelink I von’t forget it for a lonk time.”

“Khalid...” began Sophia in utter amazement, “who... who is this strange creature?”

Verick tilted his head. The only thing he heard was what sounded like a mixture between the voice of a Kirlia and a Marril. “Vha?” he asked.

Khalid sighed. “Damn it Verick! You didn’t take the pill, did you?” He didn’t even need to wait for the human to respond. “If you take it, you’ll be able to understand Sophia here, and will have a much fuller grasp on the Mongolian language.”

“Why...” asked Verick, cautiously, “should I take zis pill given to me by a complete stranger?”

Khalid sighed, losing his patience quickly. Had he not been busy arguing with Sophia, he would have been much more able to cope. “It’s called a Mangudai Capsule! It teaches whoever takes it how to speak Mongolian, and also how to speak PokeMongolian as well. Did you know that Pokemon developed their own languages that actually differ much like human languages do? A Pokemon in Italy may need to learn the language of a Pokemon in Guam before being able to communicate... even if they are both of the same species.” Khalid chuckled though. “It really is quite fascinating, but it is of course archaic in this day and age with there no longer being a difference between species.”

Verick sighed, and with a gulp of faith, he downed the orange pill. “Well, I thi...” he said, pausing as he heard himself talk. No longer did he struggle with the words he needed to say. No longer did he find mastery of the Mongol language so difficult. This pill was great and wonderful. “Are there side effects?” the now cured Viking asked with deep concern.

“You might get diarrhea, but that isn’t too likely to happen unless you overeat.” Khalid shrugged, glancing at Verick’s stomach. “You look rather skinny, so I doubt you’ll have that problem.”

“That’s good,” Verick said with a smile, as his eyes shifted from the Kadabra to the woman of green hair. “Whoa!” he yelped, startled by the sight of the very peculiar woman. He didn’t know how he could tell, but he knew that she was a female. “Khalid, what is this?”

Sophia held her hands at her hips angrily. “No, you don’t need to pay attention to the fact that I’m standing right in front of you, goddamn it! I’m just an unimportant person just like I am to everyone else.”

“Give Verick a break, Sophia,” Verick sighed, walking up to Verick and placing one of his three fingered hands on his shoulder, “he’s a pure-blooded human who took a long journey through time, so cut him some slack, would you?”

Sophia looked over him again. Being part Kirlia, sensing feelings and emotions were an extraordinary talent that she possessed. It was what made her able to keep up in the prostitution industry. As much as she hated it, she could fake her pleasure by mimicking the emotions of her paying customers. “So, you’re a human?” she asked, curiously, and smiling. “I’ve always wanted to see a full-blooded human.” It was the dream of everyone to see a pure-blood species individual, which were, in all actuality extinct. “I... just wow! You look amazing, though not as great as I had pictured in my mind for a human to look!” she said with the awe of an infatuated child. Running as swiftly as she could, she put her hands on his bare arms.

“Erm,” the Viking stated nervously, “why are you touching me without my permission?” It was bad enough that Khalid had placed his hand on his shoulder just before, but now this woman was touching his arm up and down in a caress. The strange thing was, Verick’s skin was on its edge, and he was beginning to feel hot with embarrassment.

Sophia giggled like a little girl. “Of course, sorry to have forgotten.” she smiled, placing Verick’s hand at her thigh, “You can feel the skin of a mutt like myself.” The feeling was warm upon the green colored skin, but nonetheless, Verick was in a panic.

“Stop that!” he shouted, fidgeting out of her grasp, flustered and confused. “What’s wrong with you?” he asked, enjoying his new ability to talk with more coherence.

“Uh...” Sophia said, a bit nervous, and unused to her womanly charms being resisted, “nothing. I... I just find humans to be fascinating.”

“Well, I am not a piece of meat for you to bite with your eyes!” Verick stated, more afraid than anything else.

“I could chew your meat with my mind if I wanted to.” the hybrid woman stated with a giggle. Verick was gullible and unaware of much of Kertonmel’s ways of life. That made the human rather stupid, but not exactly the dumb *** kind of person that she truly despised.

Khalid nodded at Verick, as his tail swished slowly from left to right. “She really could, I’ve seen her do so.” He decided to say no more on the matter. “Eh, you’re probably all confused from your time displacement. You probably have a lot of things on your mind.”

Verick nodded. “Amongst this world, I am a freak of nature. What’s to say that nobody out there will try and capture me for wicked science experiments?”

Khalid laughed out his response “Hah! That sounds like a cliche... but no, I don’t think that would happen, simply because the demand for human DNA in the science world is... well, it’s just not in demand at all.” The psychic fox caught his breath for a second before continuing, “you’re not going to be used for world conquest experiments, cloning, or circus freak shows either...”

“I hope not.” Verick replied with a sigh of relief. “The last thing I need right now is to become an oddity, when I am feeling awkward enough. I am curious though,” he paused, “why do you even care about me at all? How can I be sure that I can trust you?”

“You can’t,” replied Khalid, “but do you really have much choice in such a different world than that which you know? An Earth with a sky and ocean of bright, beautiful blue that we only see in ancient pictures and artworks. You have seen both, and have many great stories to tell. If anything, I am curious to hear your stories, and in return, I will help you catch up.”

Sophia blinked in utter silence. “Uh, I can help too I guess.” She smiled, looking into Verick’s brown eyes, almost getting locked within the gateway that may have led to his soul. “Did you know that cancer is still a threat in this day and age? It’s said to be over thousands of years old, so I’m guessing you were around long after its discovery.”

“Yea.” Verick nodded, listening closely to anything he may have been told.

It was certainly going to be a long day of catching up... especially with oh so many centuries to fill the young Viking’s brain with. Regardless of time, Verick awaited it willingly. As far screwed for time as he was, he would waste a day learning for the sake of learning, for the Viking, all in all, enjoyed learning.

Demy

I got totley lost in the intro sorry but even in the trainslanted version i was confusioed >:

this has great orgiraly and styal but i think it jsut was a little too confusing.

But i hope you keep going with your fic and get moew reviews.

Demy

Dilasc

Boip!
I got totley lost in the intro sorry but even in the trainslanted version i was confusioed >:

this has great orgiraly and styal but i think it jsut was a little too confusing.

Your poor spelling honors me.

On a more serious note... Hmm, I could try to make it more understandable. If I knew what was wrong, I would easily go fix it, and I will.

I see people use their characters in other stories all the time. I figure I could try the same. Anyway, more opinions will be helpful whether or not I should actually follow through with this or abandon it for something else. I crave not only the attention, but the honest opinions as well.