• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Parafusion Gallade Sweep [OU RMT]

optionalg0d

Hi everyone this is my first post here on serebii. I made this team because i really like Gallade and wanted to make a team that could help him sweep in OU i also really like annoying my opponent and parafusion does just that. Also paralysis support really helps Gallade sweep. I did't want to rely on just one pokemon so i also tried to make a team that could win if Gallade got KO'd

Team At A Glance
376.png
Spr_4p_475.png
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4h_171.png
Spr_4p_429.png
Spr_4h_242.png

In Depth Look:

th_376.jpg

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant
236 HP, 228 Atk, 20 Def, 24 spe
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
-Explosion

This is just the standard lead metagross. I ran an anti-lead metagross but decided i really wanted SR because with all the paralysis and confusion my opponent will be switching a lot and i wanted to take advantage of that. I like KOing my opponents lead ASAP so if I'm able I'll try to do that before setting up SR. EVs so i can take a few hits and deal them out and so i can outrun most other lead metagross.

th_171.jpg

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Calm
40 HP, 252 Def, 216 SpDef
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

This is my first parafusion poke. It's job is too well paralyze and confuse which it does well. I twave first to slow them down the cray leaving them crippled. If they switch out i repeat the process on the next poke, if they stay in i hit them with tbolt and ice beam while they sit there helplessly! The EVs are for bulkiness so i can stay in longer therefore spreading more paralysis.

th_429.jpg

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid
252 HP, 244 SpD, 12 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Wave
-Pain Split
-Energy Ball

I changed rotom to this partly because i can't use rotom forms on the wifi and also because i needed a grass type attack to deal with swampert who normally gives me trouble. Mismagius is also quite bulky which gives my team some more defense which is always good. The EVs are to amek it bulky and be able to absorb special attacks. I gave it just enough speed to outrun adamant max speed scizor.

th_475.jpg

Gallade @ Leftovers
Ability: Steadfast
Careful
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Spe
-Bulk Up
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Drain Punch
Gallade is my late game sweeper which he actually does very well at. He pretty much comes in on a paralyzed opponent and bulks up then sweeps. Night slash and psycho cut get good coverage and both have high crit ratios. Drain punch is vital to this set because it keeps him alive. The Evs are to he can survive long enough to bulk up. I decided he didn't need any speed because with all the paralysis going around he should be able to outrun most pokes.

th_468.jpg

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold
252 HP, 20 Def, 236 Spe
-Air Slash
-Encore
-Body Slam
-Wish

Nothing is more annoying than this thing, also my only way of paralyzing ground types. Serene grace gives body slam a 60% chance to paralyze. When most of their team is crippled by paralysis i bring this guy out. With razor fang and serene grace, air slash has a ridiculous 70-80% chance of flinching them. Couple that with paralysis and confusion it'd be a minor miracle for them to get a hit in. It may not hit very hard but it doesn't need to. I just keep hitting them and eventually they go down without ever getting a chance to retaliate. Encore is too encore ground attacks that i switch this guy into then i can body slam to paralyze ground types. I gave him wish instead of roost to make him more of a supporter. EVs help outrun the ground types and bulkiness.

th_242.jpg

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold
252 HP, 252 def, 4 spe
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-ThunderWave
-Seismic toss

My wall! that also paralyzes! I gave it a bold nature just o boost it's defense because it has plenty special defense already i don't have anything to wall physical attacks so Blissey has to sometimes. Twave is for spreading more paralysis while i wall they're poke. Seismic toss just because it's stable and deals decent damage. Softboiled to heal Blissey and to help stall. I gave it aromatherapy because although my team loves dishing it out it hates taking status problems. EVs so it can tank physical attacks better.

Team Building Process:

I really wanted to make a team based on hax and the first Pokemon that came to mind was Togekiss. In my opinion Togekiss is the best flinchhax poke out there as well as having body slam for para and i way to heal itself for extra annoyance.
Spr_4p_468.png

Then I wanted a poke for parafusion so i thought of the pokes that could learn cray and twave and i thought lanturn would be a good candidate it could not only confuse and paralyze it could also hit with STAB tbolt and STAB surf which i later changed to ice beam for better coverage.
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4d_171.png

I knew I needed to add more pokes that could twave and cray so i added Gallade who could hit them with status as well as hitting hard with close combat and zen headbutt. He's never lasts long so I'm tempted to say he's the least useful member of this team.
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4d_171.png
Spr_4p_475.png

This next parafusion distributing poke i decided on was the popular (and for good reason) rotom! I didn't know which form to go with so i chose Rotom-H I'm not sure if this is the best form for the job any suggestions?
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4d_171.png
Spr_4p_475.png
479O.png

I needed a wall since apart from Togekiss my pokes were a bit on the frail side. So which pokemon could be better for the job than the best special wall in the game that also has twave?
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4d_171.png
Spr_4p_475.png
479O.png
Spr_4p_242.png

Now all i needed was a lead. At first i wanted a lead that could start the parafusion madness straight away. I was considering Frosslass but she would've been to frail for OU. I decided on a standard lead just to get SR up then do some damage so i decided on standard lead metagross but I'm seriously considering swampert for Roar to shuffle the team around and further spread paralysis. Then switch the order around a bit and this is it.
Spr_4d_376.png
Spr_4d_171.png
Spr_4p_479O.png
Spr_4p_475.png
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4p_242.png

I knew I needed a replacement for rotom-h because I couldn't use in Wi-Fi so i replaced him with mismagius because it's also a ghost with levitate that can learn T-Wave and C-Ray which is good. Also it can learn energy ball and my team was in desperate need of something to take Swampert with.
Spr_4d_376.png
Spr_4d_171.png
Spr_4p_429.png
Spr_4p_475.png
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4p_242.png

Please feel free to make comments and changes about any aspect of this team except Gallade. Also I intendt to use this team for Wi-Fi so I can't use any event pokemon or rotom forms.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Your EV spread for missy is a bit weird. You might want =to change it to a bulky missy set on smogon. The EV spread of metagross isn't standard lead.

optionalg0d

Yeh I wanted somehing that could hit kinda hard becasue i was weak in the spA area. But she never lasts long so a bulky EV spread would probably be mor euseful. Oh i forgot to say that metagross has anti-lead EVs lol. Thanks for the advice :)

Sisco in a suit

Tophat master
Kinda random like the picture's, really cool. I like the idea of gallade sweeping a team. Even though you've got the paralysis running around, you could opt for shadow sneak instead of night slash but it's really up to you.

Blackace

♥ Final Fantasy XIII
Greetings.

Your team is ridiculously Tyranitar weak, name one Tyranitar set and it will single handy tear your face apart. Lets be nice and look at the Choice Band Tyranitar set right? It can OHKO like your entire team with Sandstorm and Stealth Rock. Whilst Metagross can switch into a Crunch and Stone Edge I do not think that you will be alive by the time Choice Band Tyranitar is revealed especially when you run Explosion. Choice Scarf Tyranitar is also going to be a big problem...Able to quickly pick off your Mismagius and then slowly but surely wear and tear your guys as you have nothing that out speeds it at all. How to fix this problem? First run Shuca Berry on Metagross as the majority of leads use Ground typed moves more then Fire (In the top 10 only Infernape and Heatran use fire moves...) Secondly remove Gallade, Gallade is no very NEAR as effective as Bulk Up Machamp in Thunder Wave I won't provide the Evs as I am rather proud of them and I want to keep them a secret.. The moveset includes D Punch, Bulk Up, Stone Edge and Payback.

Salamence is also going to be big as it can DD up or just spam Draco Meteors or Earthquakes to knock out 5/6 of your team. Whilst Blissey can take a Draco Meteor it won't be taking many Outrages. To clear this problem slap maybe a Starmie or Scizor over Lanturn please.

Your Scizor weakness is so big my eyes are bleeding, U-Turn will effectively destroy most of your team as you have no Bug Resist apart from Explosion happy Metagross. Actually looking over your huge problems I see Bronzong (Standard Set) being a big help it can take Outrages and Draco Meteors and scare of Tyranitar and "Kind of" resist Scizors. It can also set up Stealth Rock and Dual-Screens.

Also you pretend or you think you will ALWAYS have Thunder Wave up. No that isn't always going to happen and I can tell from experience you need something fast on your team which can clean up late game. I have a Latias which can be slapped over any member of your team as you didn't put much thought into it.

@Nice rate Sisco in a suit! No I am kidding that was a pathetic attempt at a rate.

Not much to say but it is a terrible team. Sorry.. Anyway I am out got a lot of homework..

;107;

Eevee7ways

Sonica Boooom!
How do you handle electivire switch ins?