• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Paranormal Activity 3

mockingjay

swift and lol
Summary: In 1988, young sisters Katie and Kristi encounter an invisible entity haunting their home. Although it appears friendly, it turns hostile, tormenting the young girls and their family. A scene near the start of the film, which is based before the second film, features Katie bringing over a box of video tapes to the home of her sister Kristi and after leaving Kristi starts to sort through some of tapes, being filmed by her husband Daniel.

Paranormal Activity 3 comes out this month. Anyone planning to see it? Thoughts on the movies?

Kierzor

Kinda reminiscing
The first movie scared me silly but in the second one I expected things to happen when they did. The first one is by far the best.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
The first movie scared me silly but in the second one I expected things to happen when they did. The first one is by far the best.

Yeah, the first movie creep me out than the second, [the second part isn't that scary though]. Now the part three is coming it's kinda intruiging and it wonders me what will the movie like.

_Snivy

Lover
I don't know, my girlfriend wants me to, but I HATE scary movies! :( I saw the second one though, and it wasn't scary at all haha!

ZFXZFX

Seriously? I think the second one was WAY scarier than the first. But then again, I was watching number one during the daytime and safely with my family XD

I am DEFINITELY going to watch it. I don't know about the first day though, because its the same day the Soundwave 2012 tickets come out.

ZFXZFX ~ ;038;

Aquarelle

Staff member
You know, I never knew there was a Paranormal Activity 2 until I saw ads about this movie recently. O__O

Anyway, I probably won't see it because I haven't gone out to the movies in quite a long time, plus I'm not a huge fan of scary movies.

Nidogod

Wow, they're really milking the **** out of this series, I guess it's going to be the new Saw. You know, watch an entry or two, turn around, suddenly there are a dozen identical sequels. That's obviously an exaggeration, but the first one was relatively interesting low budget movie, the second one, which felt to me like it was released a month after the first, brought absolutely nothing new to the table, and with how fast they belted out the third one, I'm assuming the trend will continue.

Seriously, America as a whole is abysmal at making horror films, they all end up being lazy, hackneyed gimmicks, like what Paranormal Activity's spark of creativity quickly got reduced to.

ChedWick

I wouldn't really say they're milking the series. They've had this particular story set up from the start because back in movie 1 we've known the sisters have had experience with the paranormal as children. If another one comes out after this then yea then I'd say they are milking it.

I'll be going to see this one. These unknown ghost type movies scare the hell out of me because the threat is so mysterious and unknown. A guy with a chainsaw, or axe just isn't scary to me. The first one I think was better than 2 but that could be mostly due to it being more unknown than 2. With 2 I kinda knew what to expect.

I'm going to pick my show time a little more carefully this time around though. When I went and saw 1 it wasn't too too bad but when I saw 2 the theater crowd was absolutely terrible and I wanted to kick all their teeth out. I ended up throwing my popcorn at the crowd next to me because they wouldn't shut up.

Last edited:

jamaela18

All-Round Breeder
This movie is a total piece of crap...I don't know how people could like this...

silverwolf922

U lieks Oshawott
I'm probably going to go see it with my cousin, because she loves this series. It's not really scary, and really predictable. And occasionally way over the top.

ZFXZFX

This movie is a total piece of crap...I don't know how people could like this...

Well, we get now that you don't like it. But could you maybe put it in a nicer way, like "I am not a big fan of this movie, I'm not very sure why other people like it"

But that's never going to happen >_>

And how could they be milking it if the 3rd movie is only coming out? Usually its milking it if they make more than four movies.

ZFXZFX ~ ;038;

Nidogod

I wouldn't really say they're milking the series. They've had this particular story set up from the start because back in movie 1 we've known the sisters have had experience with the paranormal as children. If another one comes out after this then yea then I'd say they are milking it.

Yeah, there are ways to make a story seem like it needs sequels, but when a movie has a dedicated installment ever year (around an appropriate season for the material), it always throws up a red flag for me. There's no way to prove that a movie a year=bad, but at the same time, there was clearly an original plan in the writing room that went along the lines of "people will eat this **** up if we get a sequel out every Halloween, so let's make sure we have a basic overview that can be easily expanded over multiple sequels."

I know it's snobby of me to hate on movies for this reason, but I find it to be true.

As an example (and appropriate for the season), I loathe The Omen remake released on 6/6/06. A gimmick, a terrible movie, and a bastardization (no pun intended, lol) of the original film that is a horror classic.

EDIT:

Let me take some of that back, I forgot the original film was released on the indie festival circuit before being picked up by a studio. I'm sure the original intentions were good (and IIRC the original film had no real mention of a sequel or plot built for expansion), but it looks like PA is going to get run into the ground.

Last edited:

Dear Insanity

above average
I guess Paranormal Activity is doing a Saw. It wasn't that long ago the second was released, if I'm remembering right.

I never thought the films were scary at all but I'll probably see the third with friends or something regardless.

ManhattanTheStarr

Not all that surprised that they're making another sequel. But it's kinda lame how the story for the movies go backwards. Y'know, the 2nd PA was set before the first, and now the 3rd one, before that. I'll probably see it, but not in theaters.