• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Parents.

Do you hate/love your parents?

• Hate both.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Love both.

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • Hate 1.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Other (State below)

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
My parents are okay.

Mom: She's pretty cool. She's funny, sarcastic, and she helps me write my HS papers (checks them for grammar). She really overworks herself though because she is up from 5 am till 9pm and recently, she has been up near continuously through the night taking care of our new puppy. The only fault I can find is that she can be a tad too overprotective sometimes (i.e. not letting me have a facebook).

Dad: He's not a bad person, he just has a sarcastic/ball-busting sense of humor. He is burdened quite a bit by his job (usually gone 3 weeks out of a month), and when he is home he does conference calls. I guess I don't get along with him that well because he used to mess with me a lot (you know, busting my chops). He is currently looking for a truck to get me, which is pretty cool of him. Again, he can be too overprotective.

I think the thing that bugs me about them is that I feel they don't really trust me too much.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
I love and respect my mom. She makes a lot of foolish/impractical choices and doesn't have a good grip on her emotions, but she struggles so darn hard with life that I know it would be terrible of me to hold her faults against her. She raised me well, so the least I can do is pay that back by filling in where she falls short.

My sisters and I have never gone hungry or sick or cold, so even if those are some pretty baseline criteria, she's doing better by us than plenty of other parents in this big, sad world.

This is basically my mom.

Mawile412

Problem
i love both of them. But my dad is just... we don't really talk much.

Viridian's Yellow

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪
I love both of my parents. Without them i wouldn't even be here right now. They give me lots of support in everything i do...but maybe too much support. I barely have privacy anymore so hiding something from them is almost impossible.

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
I love both my Parents

Dad : he's an amazing person and its understanding and supportive he has helped me a lot I remember he always bought me everything I wanted even if I had to get perfect grades ,sometimes I wish I could be as Intelligent as him or Talented but it makes me happy at least I got a couple of his talent,he always helped me with everything

Mom: even if she's overprotective and drives me nuts sometimes I adore they both have raised me well,and when sometimes My dad was out of the city she took care of me and my sister we never suffered from cold ,hungry or sickness she was always there to take care of us even now when I can legally take care of myself she's still there

for that the least I can do for all the time they supported me is to help them.

Riversong

Buggy down.
Mom: We get along very well. Sometimes she gets too nitpicky though, and I can't bring up things that I don't want her bugging me about (like any sort of college planning nights, even though we've been to two now). Oh and she loses patience with a my brother a lot, but never does anything about it (he's 21 and lives at the house still, with no college plans, and asks for money for drugs and **** a lot). Oh, and she picks me up from school everyday since I don't have a car yet. Oh and I don't like bringing up religious things with her. She misunderstands a lot of stuff.

Dad: I really only see him in the early morning and night, but when he's not working out of state, he drives me to school almost every day. Erm, he get's along with almost everyone since he's gifted with perfect timing and such with jokes. The downside is that he's very protective of my younger sister, though I guess nowadays it can be understandable. And my brother and I both agree that he has a way of wording things that makes him come across as condescending sometimes. Oh, and though he'd never admit it, he tends to pin the blame on others a lot for things gone wrong, even if it's his own fault. He also drinks a lot, but thankfully he's not a mean drunk at all.

Oh, and I don't share much of my art with them, and definitely not my story. My mom just wouldn't get it, and my dad's too busy. But anyways they're going to help with college and are supportive of me wanting to be a nurse. Overall they're good parents, and I consider myself lucky to have them.

So I love them both. It helps that they say i'm the easiest child to care for by far. Even as a baby I was the calmest apparently.

Last edited:

Ethan

Banned
Another daddy never loved me topic. It's always interesting to watch members throwup their emotional guts all over the forum.

Love them today, hate them tomorrow.

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
I love them both.

My dad is apparently the one i look more like in appearance and whatnot. The man has always overworked himself despite not needing to do that.
After my mom and dad split up he had to go from a garage, to his sisters, too his cousin and then finally to a good apartment, amazingly 24 days later on christmas eve the day we finally got the apartment ready guess what..we got robbed...amazing the touch of life slapping you in the face.
Anyway two years ago he had to move to Norway and we barely see each other except on special occasions and holidays.
Pretty sad for him and not so fun for me neither.
An annoying thing about him tough is his extreme need for everything to be clean and to maintain a good hygene, shower 1 or two times a day every day brush your teeth morning,after dinner and before bed and clean your room and whatnot every 5-6 days or so.

My mom is almost identical in personality to me as im told...i dont really see it other then the fact we are both addicted to Coke.
She has a smoking habit something me, my sister and dad have been trying to break for years (also one of the reason im told to be like my dad due too the fact i hate smoking and smokers as he does).
She works WAY to much then needed going to work at 9am coming back 6pm and occasionally going to work again at 9-10 pm to 3am.
If there is something i hate about her (other then her smoking) is how she NEVER does anything when my older sister barges into my room like its hers and when i look into hers i get yelled at.

Overall they are good parents but i hate that they are divorced ( i was 7). Its annoying how often i have to explain some stuff over and over again to them but it simply goes in one ear stays there for a minute for tea then fly's out the other ear.

oh fun fun!

I'm not really that close to either one of my parents.
my mom is your typical mommy. the funny thing with us is that my mom and I are complete opposites, but we look alike ...apparently -_-; but our personalities. she likes to plan, i like random surprises and going with the flow. she likes neat, i'm a pack rat. i'm forced to clean my room or else she comes destroying it, throwing away stuff that i want, and going through all my shit, and it's like GO AWAY! >> i remember years ago she cleaned my room when i was off at school, and when I came home she was waiting for me with a note ..i guess a depressing note/letter that i wrote, and she was freaking out and making a big deal over it. That's how she is. Freaks out over stuff like when i'm upset want I want to be left alone, and that's the time when she NEVER leaves me alone.

my dad. I got most of my personality traits from him. Stubborn. Rebellious. Short-tempered. Sarcastic. we both suffer from an anxiety disorder. he can be quite a pain in the ass when I do interact with him. he likes to make everyone feel bad for him when he gets aggravated or upset. and he will keep repeating his anger over and over again until someone gives him attention, and then he's like FORGET IT and shuts up. he likes to discourage me for shit that he did when he was younger, and some stuff he still does.
but then again, it's understandable that two extremely stubborn people will fight a lot.
some people are scared of him, because he looks big and mean. but then people who see him a lot, like my best friend describes him as a BIG TEDDY BEAR!

lol, yeah. parents. i love them, cause they basically brought me into this life and cared for me, even with their bullshit. that's how they will be.

I love them both, we have short comings and disagreements but my love for them is nothing to do with it. They been together for a while and they're a good team when it comes to taking care of my sister and I. They been through a lot of crap in their lives when they were starting out and whatnot, stuggled and sacrafice their time to be with each other for our future... yeah. They're good parents and good people. ;o

My mama, shes really sweet and kind. With her personality, it's just easy for anyone to take advantage of her, aside of that as her kid I can't do that. Haah, I think it's just me. lolz But her bad side is real scary. x_x I don't cower to people, except to her. But for my mom to be angry like that, it's like a once in a blue moon thing. <3 My mama~

kay, with my daddy. He's real quiet, serious, intelligent... mysterious. I don't understand him sometimes to the point he can confuse me with things he says and do. But on the good note, he can cook like my mom. And his cooking is amazing. <3 Yeeah, also he is like a history fanatic. As long as I can remember, he will put me in the couch when I was a child and let me watch the National Geographic instead of other shows when he was watching me. Hmm when he is on his bad side, its easy to tell that he's in it. He won't talk to you and he'll just isolate himself in his room. >: Not much, but he does that.

There's really more of the good things my parents can do, I'm just listning the small things. They're good parents, they raised my sister and I well. They're not the greatest parents, I consider them like one of the best.

fierylord

Charmander! Yay!
I seriously hate my dad, he is the cheapest person I have ever seen in the world. I was looking for something in the fridge and then he *****es to me about how it costs money to open the fridge. I got so ticked off that I started swearing at him and said that I would be happy if he died. All of our furniture came from the streets, where people threw them out. He didn't buy one piece of furniture, we have one television set that's a 15" black and white. For our school uniforms, he buys my brother and I one shirt and one pair of pants a year, and we use the same shoes for two years in a row.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I seriously hate my dad, he is the cheapest person I have ever seen in the world. I was looking for something in the fridge and then he *****es to me about how it costs money to open the fridge. I got so ticked off that I started swearing at him and said that I would be happy if he died. All of our furniture came from the streets, where people threw them out. He didn't buy one piece of furniture, we have one television set that's a 15" black and white. For our school uniforms, he buys my brother and I one shirt and one pair of pants a year, and we use the same shoes for two years in a row.

I kind of have a hard time believing that. If he is really that cheap, you wouldn't be able to be online/have a computer, because that costs money.

My mom is almost identical in personality to me as im told...i dont really see it other then the fact we are both addicted to Coke.

O_O I sure hope you mean Coca Cola....

Anyhow, I love both of my parents.

My mom made some mistakes, but all in all she does a good job in raising me and my brother. Her emotions get away from her sometimes, but she's nice and...yeah.

My dad is smart, he has a short temper though...maybe that's where I get my anger issues from. (I can have a short temper sometimes) I have seen him get mad, like in parking lots....but that's a whole other story. He does a good job of taking care of us too, even though he has trouble paying child support...oh well, he loves my brother and me, so that's all that counts.

Mupen64 Man

Hitmonlee
My parents are okay enough. Sometimes they can be a couple of double ganging assholes, but essentially they are just doing what is best for me.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

I doubt that, if its true why are on a computer, u had an account since 07 so dont say u use a friends or somthing

Jb

Tsun in the streets

I doubt that, if its true why are on a computer, u had an account since 07 so dont say u use a friends or somthing