• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Park Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I'm curious exactly as to how the game handles Park Balls. Is it actually coded into the game as an item, or is that just for appearances? I suppose it makes sense that it wouldn't be, seeing as how it retains all of the trainer information of the Pokemon when it is captured, not to mention that it doesn't bring up the Pokedex info for new Pokemon. I was just curious because it's possible to posses and utilize cherish balls, but Park Balls don't even have a unique Pokeball mark.

Has anybody looked into this?

Atreus

That's what she said
Park Balls are coded in the game just for the Pal Park. There is not a way to get Park Balls from stores unless you use one cheat device. Park Balls work as Masterballs, so there's no way of failing to catch your Imported Pokemon.

So yeah, they're only there to catch your imported Pokemon unless you use a
Game Shark, Action Replay or such.

Hope this helps

Atreus~

Orangefeather

I just checked a cheating device on my computer, and park balls aren't in it. Cherish balls and safari balls, are, though. I think it might be because you can't actually have a pokemon in a park ball. If it's in a master ball and you catch it in a park ball, it goes back to being in a master ball. So I don't think the game recognizes them as items.

Status
Not open for further replies.