• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Partners In Crime IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander

pic4.png

Hello everyone and welcome to the fourth edition of the Partners in Crime Tournament! Once an annual event, My goal, as with many of the tournaments I have run in the past 12 months, is to bring this tournament back to prominence. I hope you are ready, as it will take more than just plain skill to win this tournament.

--

Your Partner in Crime

The unique aspect of this tournament as compared to all others is that you must choose your "Partner in Crime," or Pokemon that you will use for the entire tournament in order to participate. You may change the other members of your team as much as you like; however your Partner in Crime must stay the same throughout the entire tournament. No Pokemon that you pick will be too crazy for this tournament either! The winner of the original tournament used a Venusaur on his team so anything in the rules goes for this tournament!

There, are, however, some restrictions as far as what Pokemon may be chosen as partners. In addition to the obvious 'No Ubers' rule, the following 30 Pokemon are the most used in the BW2 OU metagame, and thus may not be selected as partners. They are not banned from use, they just may not be chosen as 'Partners'. The 30 Pokemon are as follows:
Scizor
Ferrothorn
Politoed
Dragonite
Heatran
Tyranitar
Jirachi
Latios
Garchomp
Breloom
Rotom-Wash
Starmie
Keldeo/Keldeo-R
Gengar
Alakazam
Salamence
Volcarona
Terrakion
Ninetales
Forretress
Gliscor
Skarmory
Landorus-Therian
Celebi
Espeon
Landorus
Infernape
Tentacruel
Mamoswine
Cloyster

Additionally, you may not pick a Partner in Crime that has already been chosen for this tournament. For instance, if someone has picked Suicune as their Partner in Crime, then you much choose a different Pokemon in order to participate in the tournament. You are allowed to use this Suicune somewhere else in your team if someone else has chosen it, but you must choose a different Pokemon that you would like to be your Partner in Crime.

I would highly suggest that you pick your Partner in Crime wisely as most likely your opponent will prepare for the Pokemon that they know you will bring. For instance, if you pick Bulbasaur as your Partner in Crime, you better be ready for the other team to have a Heatran or Infernape on their team to be prepared for your Bulbasaur.

Rules

All standard Smogon Bans and Rules apply

The tournament will be Standard Smogon OU, with the obvious restrictions mentioned above

All battles must be completed on Pokemon online or Pokemon Showdown.

This tournament will be single elimination, Best of 3.

Signing Up
The following form must be filled out completely in order to join this tournament

Notes:
-I copy & paste usernames. Type it properly.
-Your timezone, in GMT format, can be found at the bottom of every page of this forum. Check it.

Code:
Serebii Username:
Timezone: (GMT Format)  
Your partner in crime:

Sign-ups will last for a week or until we get 64 participants, whichever comes first.. Once the actual tournament begins, each round will last for 1 week as well. The sign-up phase will end on Sunday, July 28th at 12:01 AM (EST). Good luck.

Participants & Partners
http://i44.*******.com/104p3dc.jpg

Bracket
Next up, here's the bracket. I've randomized the matchups, so don't complain that you do or do not face someone.

PiCIV.png

Round 1
The Sign Up phase has ended with a whopping 64 participants. With that being said, we can get this tournament started. First off, here is a recap of every player, as well as their Partner in Crime, and their timezone.

Some things to remember regarding your battles:

1: All matches are Best of 3. You ARE allowed to change teams between matches
2: All battles are to be done on either Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown. WiFi is dead.
3: Your opponent knows one member of your team, and you know one of theirs. Plan accordingly.
4: I base activity wins off of a couple of things, including how hard you tried to contact your opponent. As such, it is recommended that you arrange your battle via Visitor Message, rather than Private Message. If you must use Private Message, however, it is advised that you copy me on all Scheduling messages.
5: If the battle form for your match doesn't get posted, I'm not going to count it. I don't need to waste time attempting to decipher whatever nonsense you put into your post. Fill out the form properly and completely.

Posting Battles

As mentioned above, the following form must be filled out COMPLETELY and PROPERLY after a battle is completed. That includes the scores. If you have a memory problem, write them down as you go. If a battle form is not properly filled out for a match, then the match will not have taken place in the eyes of this tournament, and an activity/coin flip win will be assessed at the end of the given week. Here is the form:

Code:
Your Serebii Username:
Opponent's Serebii Username:
Game 1: (W/L ; Score)
Game 2: (W/L ; Score)
Game 3: (W/L ; Score)
Additional Comments:

If any match results in a tie, disregard that battle and play again.

Round 1 of this tournament will last for 1 week. This round will end at 12:01 AM (GMT -4 / Eastern Standard Time) on Tuesday, July 30th. There will be no exceptions, and no extensions. Get your battles done.

Good luck

Round 2
Round 1 has ended with 2 matches left unfinished. Jets and Chapter of Charizard receive activity wins, D-BRAY and Slysunder are eliminated. On to round 2.

2: All battles are to be done on either Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown. WiFi is dead.
3: Your opponent knows one member of your team, and you know one of theirs. Plan accordingly.
4: I base activity wins off of a couple of things, including how hard you tried to contact your opponent. As such, it is recommended that you arrange your battle via Visitor Message, rather than Private Message. If you must use Private Message, however, it is advised that you copy me on all Scheduling messages.
5: If the battle form for your match doesn't get posted, I'm not going to count it. I don't need to waste time attempting to decipher whatever nonsense you put into your post. Fill out the form properly and completely.

Posting Battles

As mentioned above, the following form must be filled out COMPLETELY and PROPERLY after a battle is completed. That includes the scores. If you have a memory problem, write them down as you go. If a battle form is not properly filled out for a match, then the match will not have taken place in the eyes of this tournament, and an activity/coin flip win will be assessed at the end of the given week. Here is the form:

Code:
Your Serebii Username:
Additional Comments:

Round 2 of this tournament will last for 1 week. This round will end at 12:01 AM (GMT -4 / Eastern Standard Time) on Tuesday, August 6th. There will be no exceptions, and no extensions. Get your battles done.

Good luck

Round 3
Round 2 has ended with 1 match left unfinished. justinjiaxinghu receives an activity win. Lunar. is eliminated. On to round 3.

Posting Battles

Code:
Your Serebii Username:
Additional Comments:

Round 3 of this tournament will last for 1 week. This round will end at 12:01 AM (GMT -4 / Eastern Standard Time) on Tuesday, August 13th. There will be no exceptions, and no extensions. Get your battles done.

Good luck

Round 4
Round 3 has ended with 1 match left unfinished. bendy001 receives an activity win. B.B.King is eliminated. On to round 4.

Posting Battles

Code:
Your Serebii Username:
Additional Comments:

Round 4 of this tournament will last for 1 week. This round will end at 12:01 AM (GMT -4 / Eastern Standard Time) on Tuesday, August 20th. There will be no exceptions, and no extensions. Get your battles done.

Good luck

Semifinals & Finals
Round 4 has ended. Moving on to the Semifinals.

Posting Battles

Code:
Your Serebii Username:
Additional Comments:

The Semifinals of this tournament will last for 1 week. This round will end at 12:01 AM (GMT -4 / Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, August 23rd. There will be no exceptions, and no extensions. Get your battles done.

Due to the banning of Rairyan and #TWERKTEAM, the finals will be between Honus and jirachiuser1, with the prior deadline from the semifinals remaining the same.

Good luck

~Credits to Cousin Dan for the concept of this tournament, and to #TWERKTEAM and AB2 for running the tournament in past years!​

Last edited:

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Serebii Username: Miror
Timezone: (GMT Format) GMT -7
Your partner in crime: Eh screw it Zoroark

ger9119

Serebii Username: Ger
Timezone: East Coast
Your partner in crime: Mightyena

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Serebii Username:kamoarc119
Timezone: (GMT Format) PST
Your partner in crime:donphan

Last edited:

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Serebii Username: Psilo
Timezone: GMT-6
Your partner in crime: Amoonguss

Last edited:

KingTorterraXIV

Wait what?
Serebii Username: KingTorterraXIV
Your partner in crime: Hydreigon

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
Serebii Username: Miror
Your partner in crime: Eh screw it Zoroark

Approved. 1

Serebii Username: Ger
Timezone: East Coast
Your partner in crime: Mightyena

Approved. 2

Serebii Username: Contrail
Timezone: -5
Your partner in crime: Kyurem-Black

Approved. 3

Serebii Username: jirachiuser1
Timezone: -6
Your partner in crime: THUNDERS T

Approved. 4

Serebii Username: Extroph
Timezone: (GMT Format) GMT-4
Your partner in crime: Tornadus i

Approved. 5

Serebii Username:Woebegonenick
Timezone: (GMT Format) East Cost
Your partner in crime:roserade

Approved. 6

Serebii Username: Clay95
Timezone: GMT-4 or EST
Your partner in crime: Latias

Approved. 7

Serebii Username:kamoarc119
Timezone: (GMT Format) PST
Your partner in crime:donphan

Approved. 8

Serebii Username: justinjiaxinghu
Timezone: (GMT Format) GMT+8
Your partner in crime: Wobbafett

Approved. 9

Serebii Username: Psilo
Timezone: GMT-6
Your partner in crime: Amoonguss

Approved. 10

Serebii Username: Valaraúkar
Timezone: (GMT Format) GMT +5.5
Your partner in crime: Gyarados

Approved. 11

Serebii Username: Scubasteve23
Timezone: (GMT Format) : CST
Your partner in crime: Porygon2

Approved. 12

Serebii Username: The DragonKnight
Timezone: (GMT Format) GMT -5 / EST
Your partner in crime: Jellicent

Approved. 13

Serebii Username: Apollo77
Timezone: (GMT Format) GMT -4
Your partner in crime: Vaporeon

Approved. 14

Serebii Username: KingTorterraXIV
Your partner in crime: Hydreigon

Approved. 15

Serebii Username: EmeraldGoblin
Timezone: GMT-5
Your partner in crime: Kingdra

Approved. 16

Serebii Username: Honus
Timezone: who cares
Your partner in crime: Hippowdon

Denied due to a failure to provide a timezone. If you still wish to participate, repost your application.

Lunar.

I can't run forever
Serebii Username: ^
Timezone: Whatever EST is
Your partner in crime: Abomasnow (idk if thats right)

Status
Not open for further replies.