• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Partners

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ok, so I've been replaying my PMD games, and I was wondering, what is your favorite Pokémon to have as a Partner, and what partner is, well, the best with a certain starter?

This'll all be opinions and opinions, so don't get mad if somebody saus your partner is horrible.

Anyway, I like having Chikorita as partner in the original PMD, Vulpix in Sky, and Piplup in TD.

Bananarama

The light is coming
If Cubone is you, use a water-type. It will negate all electric-type attacks with Lightningrod, which will help with Zapdos, etc.

( first games only)

Orithan

My favourite partner to have in PMD is Eevee. My Eevee's Adaptablity boosted Tackle and Quick Attack OHKOed practically everything barring 4x resistances, ghosts and bosses/outlaws in my playthrough of Explorers of the Sky. Though it has the drawback of becoming nearly helpless when it's HP drops below 50% thanks to it also having the terrible Run Away ability, which can be remedied with either an Oran Berry or command it to stay there while you wait for it to heal (not available at the start).
I found Turtwig (PMD2) to be a pretty good support partner, though it couldn't do that much offensively, thanks to it getting things like dual screens.

Scaldaver

Limitless
IMO, Shinx and Vulpix is a deadly combo: One can Spam Discharge and the other knows Confuse Ray. So, when the boss goes wondering off aimlessly due to confusion, Shinx can just snipe with Discharge and Vulpix can snipe with Flamethrower!

Orithan

IMO, Shinx and Vulpix is a deadly combo: One can Spam Discharge and the other knows Confuse Ray. So, when the boss goes wondering off aimlessly due to confusion, Shinx can just snipe with Discharge and Vulpix can snipe with Flamethrower!

Trouble is that Discharge has low PP and this tactic is not the most effective for dealing with single targets like bosses or outlaws. Chingling/Chimeco's wrap puts an end to pretty much any outlaw or boss by preventing movement or attacking, allowing my party to freely muscle in on the enemy. Though, this is not bad for a starter-partner combo.

Scaldaver

Limitless
Trouble is that Discharge has low PP and this tactic is not the most effective for dealing with single targets like bosses or outlaws. Chingling/Chimeco's wrap puts an end to pretty much any outlaw or boss by preventing movement or attacking, allowing my party to freely muscle in on the enemy. Though, this is not bad for a starter-partner combo.

Shinx can also have Shockwave, and against bosses low PP isn't a big deal. Can Vulpix also know Smokescreen? Cos that would also be OP against bosses.

Tackoman657

Lampent is good.
i would think it has to be buizel. He gets stuff like aqua jet and whirlpool. I beat pmd explorers of darkness, then recruited a buizel and used a tm for focus pawnch :3