• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Party Dancecapades (908)

Soniman

Break the Limit
Good episode overall but let me just get this shipping **** out of the way

The writers baited people to know end with this set up and you didn’t even give Serena a dance with Ash? SHE LITERALLY DANCES WITH EVERYONE ELSE BUT ASH. Honestly the Date episode had more going on shipping wise then this did, at least Ash and Serena interacted and shared SOME moments together instead of none at all? I’m so tired of this bait and switch the writers do to pull people in and don’t deliver. I’m not even an Amourshipper and im kinda disappointed, even though I totally expected this to happen, if only because in this hyped up Ash/Serena episode they barely even intrect, it just comes of as dishonest I guess, and it further proves how this ship actively makes Ash and Serena's dynamic weaker rather than the opposite

Heck I think there was more Geekchic in here them Amour in terms of how the characters interacted which even I didn’t think was going to happen (not that I’m complaining).

But yeah, that’s my opinion on that. As for the actual meat of the episode I enjoyed it. The focus mostly stayed on Eevee throughout, Serena’s priority was making sure she was having fun and enjoying herself and so the evolution was well earned to me Miette was entertaining as always, seeing her troll Serena is always a good time.

AND ASH IS STILL A **** DANCER CONFIRMED, I’M SO HAPPY THAT’S A CONSISTENT THING, though to his credit he seemed to be learning as the night went on. Aria and Yaishio’s relationship interests me, I look forward to seeing where that goes and how it relates to Serena. Seeing Clemomt be a nervous wreck throughout the whole ordeal was great (yet he could still dance better then Ash lmao), just a very cute episode ignoring the shipping junk

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hahaha, poor Serena.

I loved that James was paired with Miette, it was about time he got to do something. Even if he did lose.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
As cheesy as getting a greninja and sylveon just because they're popular.

LMAO, what are you expecting, Flareon and Quilladin? The writers/marketers aren't dumb, honey. The anime is all about promotion and it's not their fault some pokémon are inherently more appealing and bound to become more popular than others.

Lisia

Oh i do have one nitpick after actually watching the episode....did slurpuff only get hit once?"i liked how the battle didn't pause completely when eevee and serena had their moment but besides that it was weird that slurpuff got knocked out with one hit...from a fairy type move.

Uhh, no. Slurpuff also got hit by Quick Attack from Pikachu at the start of the battle.

Red and Blue

Ha, nothing happened. I knew it.

Anyway, pretty decent episode. Sylveon's evolution scene was gorgeous.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh, come on. I saw from a mile away Serena's moves were all for naught unless it was a battle.

To the person who told me Ash wasn't a dreadful dance... He is.

I demand Serebii to stop whatever he's doing and release all of the priceless expressions seen in this episode ASAP!

Xuxuba

Why is everyone saying "Poor Serena"?

Didn't you guys see how Ash almost destroyed Miette while trying to dance with her?

Also Ash was the one who invited Serena to dance and that alone is great for us shippers.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
I think about this episode and how mad that I was with it, but when I watched it I really enjoyed. Unlike the date episode which was really supporting amourshipping, this episode wasn't really supporting amourshipping it was supporting Eevee. They could have named this episode Pikachu and Eevee! Tag battle at the dance and that would have been much better as a title. I don't really know if Miette was really trolling Serena or she sightly like Ash because of Serena, but it was great to see that those moments with Ash and her were so cute and funny.

Ash didn't feel upset with Miette or unconferable about the dance. The only thing that he doesn't like is shopping and not carrying things while the girl don't have anything in there hands. Maybe Ash just has bad luck shopping with blue hair girls (Miette/Dawn). Also I though it was really cute that Ash had that little moment with Miette. I was happy that Miette didn't yelled at Ash or soilded him for being a bad dancer. If she was a character like Urusla that would have happen and I'm glad that didn't happen.

The Eevee thing was okay. It was showing that Eevee is sightly growing out her shy phase and growing more confidence. She did dance with another Pokemon that wasn't Bunneby, so that is showing impovement. I wish that we got to see more of the Pokemon dancing and see Eevee grow a little bit more in this episode.

The last thing that is on my mind is why in the world didn't Bonnie scout out for girl to be keeper. I really want Bonnie to do that for Clemont and the girl tha he was dancing with [img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/908/DP209.jpg[/img139]

Even though Ash steped on Miette toes, they laugh about it [img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/908/DP180.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Little Hero

Did he do anything to poor Aria? (and his other dance partners)?

Also, poor Serena...what a deal breaker.

But at least the Pokemon got to have fun (I especially loved Eevee's and Bunnelby's dance...he was hopping around! So cute!)

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

Unlimited Bait Works

Pros:

* "Zettai Akiremenai!" Based OP is based

* Pancham & Braixen, both of you are awesome, too bad it's been the Eevee Show

* Well Serena, Millefui did warn you, and now she delivered

* Clemont's awkwardness and Ash's bad dancing - best part of this episode

* Mightyena Girl - best girl

* Beautiful evolution

* First completed battle for Serena??

Cons:

* Talk about a bait. At least the date episode had that half-***ed gift-giving scene, but this had noting. Perfect opportunity for some character development where Serena puckers up the courage, but LOLnope

* Wrong choice of music for the Elle dance

* Why not write to have Noibaby at the dance, so it gets the battle and screentime...

* It was confirmed a long time ago, but doesn't make the Sylveon choice any less predictable or more appealing (RIP Umbreon foreshadowing)

Thoughts:

* Wow, SatoSere is going nowhere. Ash DGAF that Serena didn't ask him, and rooted for Clemont too

* So Twitter hate now?!?? Top kek. Looks like the rabid Pokeshippers of old have next-gen company. Maybe it'll encourage the writers to do something this time

* So did the writers read all the complaints in PAD about Bunnelby's lack of screentime in the first year and half, and decided to make the lagomorph appear in every other episode now??

The comedy and evolution saved this episode.

4/10

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Mal's Review-

* So did the writers read all the complaints in PAD about Bunnelby's lack of screentime in the first year and half, and decided to make the lagomorph appear in every other episode now??
[/B]
I prefere Bunnelby to getting Chespin shoved in my face

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So I just finished this episode and I thought it was hilarious. My favorite part of the episode was during the battle when Eevee evolved into Sylveon and knocked out both Miette's and James' Pokemon.

10/10