• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Party Dancecapades (908)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A really fun episode. It was absolutely funny to see Ash being a clumsy dancer and I was overhyped when Eevee evolved into Sylveon and Serena won.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well Ash being bad at dancing was funny and I liked Eevee's evolution scene as well even tho it was spoiled in the previews. I don't mind Sylveon knowing Fairy Wind and I'm glad that Miette showed up at least. :3

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
I really wished the title of the episode was changed so there would be less rage among the people. How would anyone know this is Eevee focused if it weren't for maybe like one or two previews?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I really wished the title of the episode was changed so there would be less rage among the people. How would anyone know this is Eevee focused if it weren't for maybe like one or two previews?

You wouldn't. That's part of the issue.

BlueDragonfangirl

I think the problem here is the way Pokemon advertised the episode, had it not shown the preview like that and had the title that way it wouldn't have gotten shippers hope up and disappointing shippers more and more. Attacking a writer though? UGH I'm getting flashbacks of the Naruto X Sakura fandom here.

I'm a Ash X Serena shipper and enjoyed the episode any ways, loved Ash's outfit FYI.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Some need canon evidence to get invested in a pairing or dynamic, others dont. Geekchic obviously leans towards the latter since their canon interactions are obviously poor so I can't blame you. But when all said and done it's mostly positive interaction between them in this episode for as brief as it was so I honestly can't be to disappointed.
Fair enough, people love things for different reasons, I'm not trying to knock anyone for it after all.
You wouldn't. That's part of the issue.
That's a main issue I have with XY(Z?) in-general. It's trying waaaaay too hard to be a show about the humans than the Pokemon, Pokemon don't seem to matter as much as they did in previous series. Satoshi largely doesn't seem all that close with any of his Kalos mons', him and Onbat had a few moments but that's really it. A lot of moments with his Pokemon seem like moments where we're suppose to see how much of a good trainer he is or how amazing he is for him to look good. There's a lack of just "pure" moments no strings attached, unfortunately this extends to the advertisement of the show too. This episode was suppose to be Eevee's deal breaker and her signing the contract to become a Fairy-type, but you wouldn't even know with how it was advertised. Why "Satoshi" needed his name plugged in, I have no idea. It's clear most fans watched for shipping rather than Eevee unfortunately, which is a shame because I actually like her a fair bit.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
This episode was suppose to be Eevee's deal breaker and her signing the contract to become a Fairy-type, but you wouldn't even know with how it was advertised. Why "Satoshi" needed his name plugged in, I have no idea. It's clear most fans watched for shipping rather than Eevee unfortunately, which is a shame because I actually like her a fair bit.

Speaking of that did eevee even know any fairy moves when it evolved?

Soniman

Break the Limit
That's a main issue I have with XY(Z?) in-general. It's trying waaaaay too hard to be a show about the humans than the Pokemon, Pokemon don't seem to matter as much as they did in previous series. Satoshi largely doesn't seem all that close with any of his Kalos mons', him and Onbat had a few moments but that's really it. A lot of moments with his Pokemon seem like moments where we're suppose to see how much of a good trainer he is or how amazing he is for him to look good. There's a lack of just "pure" moments no strings attached, unfortunately this extends to the advertisement of the show too. This episode was suppose to be Eevee's deal breaker and her signing the contract to become a Fairy-type, but you wouldn't even know with how it was advertised. Why "Satoshi" needed his name plugged in, I have no idea. It's clear most fans watched for shipping rather than Eevee unfortunately, which is a shame because I actually like her a fair bit.

Though I do think XY has been doing better about being more about the Pokemon then it was like a year ago, but yeah it still needs work (Noibat getting an recent episode after so long is kinda a nono and Greninja/Frogadier being largely a non-presence until now where there frontloading him with this Ash Greninja stuff is also questionable but at least they're doing something with him and Ash finally). Ironically I was worried that with the amount of shipping the episode was advertising thatit would overshadow what was supposed to be an Eevee focused evoluton episode, but ironically the opposite ended up happening lmao, combine that with me being a non-Amourshipper and I can't really be mad at the outcome, just how they chose to hype it up when it's pretty much a near lie.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Speaking of that did eevee even know any fairy moves when it evolved?
Fairy Wind.

So, Fairy Wind, Protect, Double Team, Swift ^^;; Yeah the move set is honestly garbage but I have to keep reminding myself Serena's a Pokemon Performer, I actually really like Nymphia a lot so seeing it go to a trainer who won't utilize it much for combat outside of TRio confrontations hurts a bit but at least it's on the main cast period, it's not like Team Rocket has it. Man, I just really hope its friendship with the bunny didn't go away after this episode. But the size difference spells doom imo for close interactions.

Though I do think XY has been doing better about being more about the Pokemon then it was like a year ago, but yeah it still needs work (Noibat getting an recent episode after so long is kinda a nono and Greninja/Frogadier being largely a non-presence until now where there frontloading him with this Ash Greninja stuff is also questionable but at least they're doing something with him and Ash finally). Ironically I was worried that with the amount of shipping the episode was advertising thatit would overshadow what was supposed to be an Eevee focused evoluton episode, but ironically the opposite ended up happening lmao, combine that with me being a non-Amourshipper and I can't really be mad at the outcome, just how they chose to hype it up when it's pretty much a near lie.
Oh well, it is what it is at the very least. At least Nymphia looked nice next to its trainer and I'm guessing with this episode its anxiety has evaporated.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
I would like to ask the writers why introduce Amourshipping if they aren't going to do anything but cheap teases for laughs? Sure, the expressions are hilarious, but it has gotten old by 100+ episodes. I'm not asking for a romance driven show, I am just requesting something more than blushes. If they wrote Serena as just another female trainer that happened to join Ash by chance, I would not care about the ship, but since they chose to make Serena have a past with Ash that resulted in romantic feelings and the fact that Serena launched her journey to join Ash, then some development or resolution should be made. But hey, I guess cheap advertising bait has its place.

At least, Serena finished a battle to quiet the naysayers and we got Sylveon and a nice Geekchicshipping moment. Decent consolation prizes.

P.S. Why was Bonnie indulging in apathy when Miette dragged Ash away? I would think that she would be taking her "sister's" side and be upset for Serena. Seemed OOC to me.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Ok, guys. What happened earlier today on Twitter is terrible and hopefully not something that will happen again, and I'm not going to point any fingers at anyone for having angry reactions to it.

However, not only is it not really on-topic, it's extremely hard to believe anything good is going to come from it getting a heated discussion here.
The entire subject has been pruned from the thread, please don't bring it up again. Thank you.

LizardonX

Banned
Fairy Wind.

So, Fairy Wind, Protect, Double Team, Swift ^^;; Yeah the move set is honestly garbage but I have to keep reminding myself Serena's a Pokemon Performer, I actually really like Nymphia a lot so seeing it go to a trainer who won't utilize it much for combat outside of TRio confrontations hurts a bit but at least it's on the main cast period, it's not like Team Rocket has it. Man, I just really hope its friendship with the bunny didn't go away after this episode. But the size difference spells doom imo for close interactions.
Well that proves Eevee had an illegal evolution.

It needed to have a fairy move prior to evolving and fairy wind cannot be learned by Eevee.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well that proves Eevee had an illegal evolution.

It needed to have a fairy move prior to evolving and fairy wind cannot be learned by Eevee.
Numeil evolved under its own Rain Dance, they really don't care anymore.

Though for the record "Speed Star" looks Fairy-ish enough and you mainly need Pokemon-Amie and we sort of got that with Eevee constantly needing to be touched and comforted or being held by others like Eureka, Horubee or Serena to induce the evolution. I think it also ate a few Poffles before as well.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED

Man I haven't been this upset for a long, long time. I know there are a million posts saying keep your expectations low. But human beings have emotions. Humans cannot always think rationally. And so despite trying to tell myself don't expect much, I still secretly and honestly hoped for progress. I mean the title says "ASH AND SERENA!" They can't just let nothing happen right?

Having watched this show for over 15 years, I know this is obvious, but still, I just completely realized that Pokemon is not a show, but an advertisement. It's only purpose is to promote the games. It will only focus on Pokemon, not human relationships. After today, I really don't know why I have watched an advertisement for over 15 years. It will never change. There will never be complicated actual good plot lines. The show will remain forever a kids show, I mean an advertisement. Despite having such huge potential for some awesome badass heartwrenching plot, Pokemon will just never take that route. F***

I agree. Why cannot we have storylines for both humans and Pokémon? A little romance will not destroy the show. Like I said, I would not mind the lack of romance if they did not introduce a main character with romantic desires for another main character. Angie and Anabel were minor characters in the grand scheme of Ash's quest, I understood the writers just casually ignoring any progress. I suppose it is the teasers that angered most fans. BW and Amourshipping have the same problem, so much potential, so little delivery.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So the "getting one.. at the dance party" was just... getting a victory in a tag battle? I'm disappointed.. "Serena getting a slyveon at the dance party" would have been a more fitting title of this episode.

Misleading titles..strikes back again

The "get" in the title was seemingly meant to refer to Nymphia, though it's the first time I've heard a Pokemon evolving being referred to as its Trainer "getting" the evolved form.

So did we get a confirmation of where the next showcase is going to be held?

An anime-only city called Frey City.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think the problem here is the way Pokemon advertised the episode, had it not shown the preview like that and had the title that way it wouldn't have gotten shippers hope up and disappointing shippers more and more.

Fair point. I was super hyped when I saw the title cuz I'm a shipper myself, but eventually I realized that things would prolly not be so shippy after all and instead be focused more on Serena & Eevee, which is what ended up happening.

siopaulo

Hilarious episode, favorite part was probably James' face during the battle screen. If anyone has a pic that would be amazing :)

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Seriously, the faces pure comedy gold in this episode, probably my favorite episode of the season, comedy gold character development and plot advancement, he'll yeah tie me in for more of this.

XXD17

Draco rex
Is it just me or is this ep a very convenient one to help with gender determination?

Dedenne is male (did we know this already?)
Inkay is male (I think we knew this already as well...)
Delphox is female
Klefki is male
Slurpuff is female

That just leaves talonflame's gender ambiguous right? (although the old ED suggests male)

On another note, that icicle crash pikachu at the ending short was awesome.

Last edited:
All right after re-watching the episode for four more times, I have to say that despite my initial fury, this is probably now my favorite episode in the entire XY series. I guess that when you go into the episode knowing what to actually expect, then it becomes much more enjoyable. There are so many funny moments and scenes that are very rarely, if ever, seen in other episodes. To see characters actually dancing in a romantic setting is really unprecedented in Pokemon. And the dreamlike scene where Serena almost dances with Ash, under Meloetta's elegant song, was just such a breathtaking moment that is so beautiful and bittersweet in retrospect. Also, Eevee's evolution was just gorgeous, and I loved seeing Sylveon wrapping its feelers around Serena's arm.

Overall, it really is a great episode I think if you had the right expectations. Though Ash and Serena's relationship did not progress much, there are still plenty of episodes left, so more is sure to come.