• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Party Dancecapades (908)

PortugueseLynx

I feel bad for the shippers but more for the animators for dealing with their harrassment. Real mature.
This is a case of UNREQUITED love! One-sided. Won't ever work. Honestly I wonder, what EXACTLY you shippers want anyway? Do you want to see that badly Serena being heartbroken? Ash doesn't notice her obvious crush and she doesn't notice she is wasting her time. He doesn't feel anything for her, Serena is just as much as a friend as the others girls before her.
Plus this is a kid show. It promotes franchise not your ships. Really for your own sake, shippers, face it. Why did the animators started this? Cuz it sells that's why. And they are trolling to get your attention, valid propaganda, the oldest trick in the book.

And despite it was obvious shippers keep falling for it. And get mad anyway despite knowing it was coming.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I feel bad for the shippers but more for the animators for dealing with their harrassment. Real mature.
This is a case of UNREQUITED love! One-sided. Won't ever work. Honestly I wonder, what EXACTLY you shippers want anyway? Do you want to see that badly Serena being heartbroken? Ash doesn't notice her obvious crush and she doesn't notice she is wasting her time. He doesn't feel anything for her, Serena is just as much as a friend as the others girls before her.
Plus this is a kid show. It promotes franchise not your ships. Really for your own sake, shippers, face it. Why did the animators started this? Cuz it sells that's why. And they are trolling to get your attention, valid propaganda, the oldest trick in the book.

And despite it was obvious shippers keep falling for it. And get mad anyway despite knowing it was coming.

Because they thought there was more to come after the saw the previews.

Such reactions happened many times before, so what ever.

Also don't restart another bait.

chicorita3

Why are you still talking about other people's reaction towards this episode? Why don't you start talking about what you think about the episode and stop ranting about other people's view on it.

Last edited:

PortugueseLynx

Why are you still talking about other people's reaction towards this episode? Why don't you start talking about what you think about the episode and stop ranting about other people's view on it.

After hearing shippers harrassed the writers, the rant won't over until the lesson is taken seriously. Rather focus in fixing the situation than something as trivial as my opinion.
But i'm done anyway, childish tantrums over nonexistent romance in a kid show is a waste of time anyway

Last edited:

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
The whole sylveon wrapping its feeler bows around the trainer's hand thing always creeped me out and seeing it in action has not changed that. I'd like it 1000 times more if it looked exactly the same minus the flesh bows.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The whole sylveon wrapping its feeler bows around the trainer's hand thing always creeped me out and seeing it in action has not changed that. I'd like it 1000 times more if it looked exactly the same minus the flesh bows.

Yeah that is meant to be usual with Sylveon. I didn't find anything strange with Sylveon doing this to Serena, after she evolved from Eevee and in the end, based on Sylveon's Pokédex entry from Y and AS:

It wraps its ribbonlike feelers around the arm of its beloved Trainer and walks with him or her.

chicorita3

After hearing shippers harrassed the writers, the rant won't over until the lesson is taken seriously. Rather focus in fixing the situation than something as trivial as my opinion.
But i'm done anyway, childish tantrums over nonexistent romance in a kid show is a waste of time anyway

I think you just contradicted yourself.

Anyways I like the episode as a whole, it was very beautiful and I wanted to cry when eevee evolved it was so way too cute:') and I hoping that all the previews wouldn't spoil all Serena's hilarious faces, but they did :/ for me, that was the most disappointing part of it all.

Just thought of a few things. With all the focus that Eevee has been getting, Sylveon will surely be a powerhouse for Serena. And I think this episode really shows that Serena earned it. After she learned that you have to enter the dance party with a Pokemon, she thought about her Pokemon first and chose to enter with Eevee to help overcome its shyness. Even though she would have LOVED to enter with Ash, she still put Eevee before herself. Although she was disappointed, she still smiled as she knew that it was for Eevee's good. Then during the rotation dance, even though that is her big chance of dancing with Ash, the first thing she thought about was if Eevee will be comfortable without Bunnelby. Again it just shows how much Serena cares for Eevee, and I think that is the reason that Eevee evolved into Sylveon.

So I feel that in a way the writers are using Amourshipping to show how much Serena cares for her Pokemon. And somehow it makes me like Serena's character much more. I guess that is also why I really felt like crying when I saw Eevee evolving. It was a beautiful moment.

With the way that Elle has been shown in this series, especially her saying "I will not lose" in this episode, I really think Serena will actually compete with Elle in the master class. Now all I can say is, I will root for Serena all the way and earnestly hope that she will win it with Sylveon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Hee hee, I personally don't like Sylveon's feeler ribbons much, however I did like how out sprouted from Eevee right before she evolved. It was a nice touch.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I found this a ok episode at best. Not the best or worst Serena episode. The stuff I did enjoy was the Braixen/Pancham fight and how Serena's face became more annoyed the longer they fought. Honestly Braixen and Pancham have one of my favorite Pokemon dynamics in XY. It's not even about Parena/Serecham there, these two Pokemon just work well together. So it's a shipping tease and of course where there is shipping there is Miette. My opinion on her character remains largely the same. She's basically just here to keep Amourshipping a thing with her trolling. It was done better here then her last couple appearances. I did appreciate the Serena and Clemont interactions. Because these two just don't interact enough. Their Pokemon are best friends, with Pancham/Chespin and Eevee/Bunnelby. You would think the trainers would be a little closer. But it was amusing seeing them dance. And Ash dancing with Miette was pretty funny. One day Ash will learn to dance and shock the world with his dance moves. One day.

Clemont is a nervous wreck the whole episode and that just added to it. Clemont danced with Serena first, over Ash. I'm somewhat shocked. That was the other funny bit. I know most shippers are fuming at it but I got a good laugh from Serena's expressions. From steaming at the thought of dancing with Ash, to her jealous rage at Miette, to her heartbreak when the dancing was over. Expression wise Serena was golden in this episode. Of course the real star was Eevee. I love that Serena's main focus was on if Eevee was having a good time even when not dancing with Bunnelby. Great Trainer and Pokemon love their.

The Pokemon battle was pretty forgettable minus one thing. Eevee's evolution. Probably one of the coolest evolution's ever and I thought Sylveon holding Serena's hand with it's ribbon thing was sweet. Plus Serena won a battle. Yay! It was against a troll and a jobber but a wins a win. Aria and Delphox made appearances and I love how during the battle she only cared about Serena and Eevee. Aria did not care about Miette and James. She knows the main eventers from the jobbers. Overall a cute episode with some funny moments and a cool Sylveon evolution.

Gillachu

Banned
Decent episode other than Eevee's convenient evolution during the battle. I laughed at the facial expressions here, especially James's.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I've thought about this having read people's opinions on the episode, I feel like if the episode title was either "Ash and Serena! The Tag Battle at the Dance Party!!" or "Serena and Eevee! Getting One at a Dance Party!!" there would've been far less disappointment/confusion. The first one would be if they were so insistent on having Ash in the title, the second fits more with what really happened and at least gives some clearer understanding of what "getting one" could've been, especially given the New Years Special showing the start of the evolution and all.

Of course, it's also dependent on marketing with previews. But these two titles at least remove the possibility for AS connotations that the actual one had.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I cannot lie, I still detest Sylveon with its huge, blue soulless eyes.. but not as much as I detest the little ship thing they're trying to push between Serena and Ash..

So really this episode wasn't for me, but I guess something evolved and Bunnelby got a bit more time out and about, so I can't complain too much!

Janovy

Banned
I cannot lie, I still detest Sylveon with its huge, blue soulless eyes.. but not as much as I detest the little ship thing they're trying to push between Serena and Ash..
How exactly as they pushing the ship though? By Ash and Serena not dancing? By Serena simply blushing? By the episode being more about Eevee than Ash and Serena?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
How exactly as they pushing the ship though? By Ash and Serena not dancing? By Serena simply blushing? By the episode being more about Eevee than Ash and Serena?

Just the whole crush thing in general. I don't get the appeal of a ten year old's love story, but hey maybe that's because I watch the anime for dem pogeymanz!

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Just the whole crush thing in general. I don't get the appeal of a ten year old's love story, but hey maybe that's because I watch the anime for dem pogeymanz!

Well, there is nothing wrong with that. The world is good because it's varied, after all. I personally like the "crush thing" and find it quite unique, but to each his own.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

But hardly anything happened here that was related to that. I mean Eevee evolving was still the central point and the dancing stuff was like filler by comparison. ^^

Toonyoungster

The Capture Champion
So I finally got around to watching this episode. Stray thoughts up ahead...

1) Ash is totally Clemont’s wingman.

2) So the male Pokémon get bowties and the female Pokémon get tiaras. Does this confirm that Inkay is a male?

3) Serena is seriously gay for Aria.

4) Holy ****, that extended version of “XY Legendary Battle” was golden.

5) MORE HOLY ****, Meloetta’s song is playing in the background.

6) Props to Serena for taking Eevee’s comfort as her primary concern during the dance. I feel like I’m liking her character more and more.

7) I knew the amourshipping wasn’t going to amount to anything, but that was the best bait-and-switch I've seen in a long time.

8) James is so ****ing done.

9) Pikachu was kinda weak here, wasn’t he?

10) Gourgeist is basically Jessie’s twin now. That’s actually really cute.

11) Ah, so they’re doing the “Aria used to be like Serena” angle? I’m cool with this.

12) Notice how at the end, Sylveon wrapped it’s feelers around Serena’s arm? I love little details like that.

Personal Rating: 8/10