• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Party Dancecapades (908)

YourLieinEevee

This episode aired this morning in the US.

It was really fun to watch again. Serena's screaming made me laugh, and I'm not really a fan of her. Team Rocket were fabulous. James was so done. Aria was beautiful. Miranda Priestly, I mean Palermo...

Sylveon's dub voice sounded different, or was that still the same?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This was an actually legit funny episode. Serena constantly and internally screaming her head off at the universe laughing at her crush, Ash being a dope at dancing, James finding everything dull and his dull expressions (even at the battle card), Chespin STRANGELY absent, and Miette paying dearly for trying to tease Serena with Ash.

The only few nitpicks I have are...

1) James is so out of character. Before, he used to just enjoy these parties and even dress up as a girl. Why is he with a "this is gonna suck" mentality now?

2) Clemont could have used more focus for comedy, but he ends up pushed away one quarter away into the episode.

3) That victory fell really flat. Slurpuff and Inkay, for no reason, just hug each other in horror with enough time to dodge and become knocked out by Fairy Wind of all things. (Then again, I've noticed the move is SERIOUSLY overpowered in the anime so much a Mega Mawile can mop the floor with another ME).

Last edited:

Pokegirl0102

I had just started to noticed that Eevee was all along pokeracist seeemlingly only getting along with other normal type pokemon :p, i am so glad this episode didnt turn out to be another showcase episode, it seems like we already have had plenty of of those this season.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
I really liked this episode. Serena's VA performing her scream actually got me to burst out laughing. I like that Eevee evolved into Sylveon, but that Fairy Wind seemed overwhelmingly powerful. I wish they'd get it to use a powerful move if they plan to knock out both at once like Dazzling Gleam. Oh well. I was expecting Chespin to pop out so we could see its reaction to the evolution but I guess that's saved for another episode.
10/10

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Found it both cute and funny how Serena acted this eppy being all jealous.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Dub only watchers benefit from having a title that isn't that suggestive (see my post on the last page regarding the Japanese title). :)

I still maintain this was a funny episode, really loved James' "kill... me..." attitude. :p Over course Sylveon, yo. Took me a while to realise they had "Stand Tall" as the BGM during the post-evolution battle segment, sounded rather quiet.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
They replaced the Relic Song from the episode. That change wasn't necessary as the dub already played that song in BW anyway.

Vipsoccermaster

Even though I watched this a couple of times already in Japanese, it was great seeing it again, this time with English dubbing, allowing to understand what they are actually saying. The episode overall was great, I even got some laughs too from James and Serena, especially their reactions. I guess Ash can be a better dancer now that Aria danced with him.

Eevee and and Sylveon were both great here, too. I guess Aria really likes Serena now - it really seems like she definitely wants to compete against Serena in the Master Class. She doesn't seem to mind about any other performer, but you could tell she expresses worry whenever she sees Serena feeling a bit down, thinking that she might not get to her standards. But this is the anime, so we all know how it's gonna turn out, right? Looking forward to future Serena-focused episodes.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena was hilarious in this episode and I loved seeing Serena battle with her Eevee evolving into Sylveon. I also love all the Serena and Aria shipping hints in this episode .
10/10

This was a rather mediocre episode despite Serena's Eevee evolving.

Pikachu52

This episode was but for the evolution, amourshipping fanservice. Serena want's Ash for a date, Serena's rival takes Ash instead and Serena literally cries about not being able to dance with Ash. Pretty much a recycling of Serena's personality in here introductory episodes. That being said the way it was presented probably confirms the pairing won't become cannon - the hints were more aimed at making Serena's crush a running gag rather than genuine feelings. There was certainly no reciprocation on Ash's part. There's also a few bad gendered jokes regarding Ash and Clemont's ability to dance, but given Ash hasn't danced much in his life and Clemont is clumsy they're more forms of characterization than they are trying to imply it's wrong or bad for boys to be interested in dancing. That being said I actually really really enjoyed this episode. One of the best in the series so far.

The dance party was unique and the scenes were put together quite well. Pikachu being dragged around by Slurpuff was cute and funny. Pulse Pikachu was adorable in that bow tie (they should dress up Pikachu more often). The different Pokémon all dancing together were similarly nice to see - though I would consider Furret and Eevee running around in circles to be dancing. Not sure how a human shaped fox and a set of keys make good dance partners but Delphox and Klefki pulled it off - very well.

I commented when this episode first came out in Japanese that I wasn't sure why they chose Sylveon for Eevee's evolution. It makes sense given it's the new Eeveelution for gen 6, but it's sure taken a long time for someone from the main cast to acquire one. Personally I think Ash should have had Sylveon. Better than Greninja.

My dislikes about the episode are twofold. Firstly Pikachu should have been Ash's date and Ash should have danced with him (I'm a Pikashipper). Secondly, Pikachu took way too much damage in that battle. Pikachu has taken on and defeated a Latios. He should not be taking that much damage from a combination of Miette's Slurpuff and James's, That's right James's, Inkay. Pikachu battles Inkay in almost every second or so episode and Team Rocket usually end up being soundly defeated. Once Pikachu even defeated Inkay with his eyes closed. Where on earth did Inkay suddenly get the power to deal so much damage from one tackle. Pikachu is capable of beating both those Pokémon single handed (or should I say singled pawed)... But if he'd done that they'd be no trigger for Eevee to evolve. And Evolution scenes are if anything, usually always dramatic. Pokémon can't just randomly evolve apparently - even thought that's exactly how friendship evolution works.

8/10

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Not bad. I was going to say it was Eevees coming out party and a chance for her to meet some new pokemon but I did not predict that she would evolve. Serena still likes Ash, I wonder if there will be a confession before the seasons end?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
IMO the dub did some damage to the moment where it seemed that Ash and Serena were going to dance. The music felt flat and mediocre and Serena's little happy noises were cuter in the original. You gotta love her shrieks though! XD And thanks to Aria, Ash wasn't a s****y dancer forever :D

DatsRight

My dislikes about the episode are twofold. Firstly Pikachu should have been Ash's date and Ash should have danced with him (I'm a Pikashipper). Secondly, Pikachu took way too much damage in that battle. Pikachu has taken on and defeated a Latios. He should not be taking that much damage from a combination of Miette's Slurpuff and James's, That's right James's, Inkay. Pikachu battles Inkay in almost every second or so episode and Team Rocket usually end up being soundly defeated. Once Pikachu even defeated Inkay with his eyes closed. Where on earth did Inkay suddenly get the power to deal so much damage from one tackle. Pikachu is capable of beating both those Pokémon single handed (or should I say singled pawed)... But if he'd done that they'd be no trigger for Eevee to evolve. And Evolution scenes are if anything, usually always dramatic. Pokémon can't just randomly evolve apparently - even thought that's exactly how friendship evolution works.

You forget Team Rocket's power boost whenever they fight under fair terms, even if it still didn't stand a chance against the heroes' miraculous evolution burst. :p

Truthfully few of TR's attacks seem weak, just rather easy to interrupt or outmanoeuvre since the heroes' are usually a faster more agile roster (even Meowth can lay serious damage when the heroes don't dodge or beat him to the punch). Fights between Pikachu and Inkay actually tend to vary a lot based on this circumstance, even if Pikachu ultimately wins all the time. Inkay's used Foul Play to throw him around like a punk more than once and in another case had him temporarily out of action due to confusing him with Psybeam. Even in the aforementioned case, Inkay easily took care of Officer Jenny's Manectric beforehand, and despite Pikachu dodging all his attacks blinded, he wasn't able to lay much actual offence onto Inkay outside backfiring Wobbuffet onto him. Same counts for Gourgeist, Bunnelby's thrashed her more than once, but one time he got held down by Leech Seed and he was down with just one Shadow Ball.

In this case, since Slurpuff trapped both Pokemon, Inkay could lay damage and Pikachu and Eevee were too weakened to dodge the rest of his barrage until the latter evolved and Inkay once again started getting easily evaded by the more nimble Pokemon.

Can I just say, would it REALLY hurt the dubbers to use DoriDori just ONCE? Even just an instrumental? I've seen fan edits that do it fine. The generic replacements ruin so many of Serena's scenes.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Can I just say, would it REALLY hurt the dubbers to use DoriDori just ONCE? Even just an instrumental? I've seen fan edits that do it fine. The generic replacements ruin so many of Serena's scenes.

The dub division is so bad that Lisa Ortiz of all people is the voice director, to give you an example why they can't afford those super pricey Japanese themes.

DatsRight

The dub division is so bad that Lisa Ortiz of all people is the voice director, to give you an example why they can't afford those super pricey Japanese themes.

The thing is, the dub still uses Japanese music, just a very minimal amount. Bonnie even hummed the Puni-chan song, as did the Pokemon sing Roaring All Stars in the dub suggesting copyright isn't a huge problem. It feels more like they don't wanna stifle their in house composer's creativity than a case of budget and copyright issues.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The thing is, the dub still uses Japanese music, just a very minimal amount. Bonnie even hummed the Puni-chan song, as did the Pokemon sing Roaring All Stars in the dub suggesting copyright isn't a huge problem. It feels more like they don't wanna stifle their in house composer's creativity than a case of budget and copyright issues.

Except it is the latter. The Pokemon dub is no different than any other super early Saturday morning anime for children. Since it's based on a popular franchise, it's the sole reason why it exists despite not using every Japanese theme there is.

Pikachu52

Truthfully few of TR's attacks seem weak, just rather easy to interrupt or outmanoeuvre since the heroes' are usually a faster more agile roster (even Meowth can lay serious damage when the heroes don't dodge or beat him to the punch).

Meowth only really laid serious damage once - an episode in DP where he used the move "Fury swipes of love" to take out Ash's Infernape and Staraptor. And that was because he was infatuated by a Glameow. Other than that he rarely battles and on most of the occasions he does he ends up loosing easily e.g. against Tyson's Meowth. Since part of the skill of battling is to be able to interrupt or outmanoeuvre an opponent I'd argue the ability of Ash and friends to consistently do that demonstrates a major strength difference between them.

Fights between Pikachu and Inkay actually tend to vary a lot based on this circumstance, even if Pikachu ultimately wins all the time. Inkay's used Foul Play to throw him around like a punk more than once and in another case had him temporarily out of action due to confusing him with Psybeam. Even in the aforementioned case, Inkay easily took care of Officer Jenny's Manectric beforehand, and despite Pikachu dodging all his attacks blinded, he wasn't able to lay much actual offence onto Inkay outside backfiring Wobbuffet onto him. Same counts for Gourgeist, Bunnelby's thrashed her more than once, but one time he got held down by Leech Seed and he was down with just one Shadow Ball.

Certainly Team Rocket are not being portrayed as being as incompetent as they were in generations prior to 5, so it's not unrealistic Inkay beat Mantric. The point I raised was that Inkay has nothing on Pikachu even if it can beat other Pokémon. Inkay may have a couple of times gained a slight upper hand when battling against either Pikachu or one of Ash's other Pokémon, often due to Team Rocket using underhanded tactics but in all situations their plans and strategy usually fail mainly due to the fact that Ash's Pokémon are stronger.

In this case, since Slurpuff trapped both Pokemon, Inkay could lay damage and Pikachu and Eevee were too weakened to dodge the rest of his barrage until the latter evolved and Inkay once again started getting easily evaded by the more nimble Pokemon.

Tackle is still a relatively weak move even if it's been used decisively in the anime before. If it were psybeam the amount of damage taken might have been more understandable but one tackle on Pikachu brining the battle to the point of it being hopeless for Ash and Serena but for Eevee evolving. That's a big stretch to the point of being plot amour to get Eevee to evolve dramatically.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Finally got around to watching this episode. I must say that I went into it fully expecting to hate it. I do not like Amour Shipping in the slightest. I was quite surprised that I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The key to making it work was turning it into a comedy. I really was expecting some sort of serious story about Serena's feelings towards Ash, instead I got one of the best comedic episodes seen in a Kalos episode. Everything about that episode was hilarious.

Not to say it was perfect though, as another accursed Fairy-Type was born. Curse you Sylveon!

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Tackle is still a relatively weak move even if it's been used decisively in the anime before.
My biggest disappointment in this episode was Fairy Wind (just like tackle on Inkay)and it's ability to knock out two opponents. I mean come on, we already saw Penelope use Fairy Wind on Froakie and it still got up. That just proves how weak it is. I can see Inkay falling to it due to it being super effective but Slurpuff? Not credible at all. This would have been a perfect time to showcase Dazzling Gleam,a move most people have trouble with in VGC this year, but instead we get a reprise of Fairy Wind :/
(That Sylveon being inspired by a kite isn't too farfetch'd with this trend)