• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Party Dancecapades (908)

Ash and Serena didn’t dance.

PAIN.

At least we saw Eevee evolve

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
This episode upset 13-year old me because Clemont (who I had a crush on at the time) danced with Serena (my least favorite character). I had a whole discussion with someone on another forum about how much this aggravated me.

RafaSceptile

This episode upset 13-year old me because Clemont (who I had a crush on at the time) danced with Serena (my least favorite character). I had a whole discussion with someone on another forum about how much this aggravated me.
I think that is fine, Clemont and Serena barely had interactions during XY in comparison with the rest of the cast

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So I’ve watched this episode a few times now. Once on the XY binge, once more with my kids during their binge, and a few more times to research for a fan-fic idea based on this episode.

First, it’s a decent episode, and there were a few things I really liked. The concept of the episode is great. It ties in with Serena’s arc without being an actual performance, and it really gives us a chance to see Serena’s character and growth shine through. I also think that it highlights how Serena is different from her competitors. We see how she’s patient and calm in helping Clemont get comfortable dancing. This is nicely constrasted with how her rivals interact with Ash and the reminder of his lack of rhythm - Aria’s success using a patient approach to Miette’s struggles.

I liked how Serena put her Pokemon‘s needs in front of her own desires. The battle scene and the Serena/Eevee moment that led to its evolution were excellent. While it wasn’t the focus, I felt like the bond between Ash and Serena really showed in the battle scene as they worked well together. Serena’s conversation with Eevee about her smile giving strength is great foreshadowing for Serena’s revalation about what it means to be Kalos Queen during the Master Class. Miette also has some decent battling skill.

The TRio was also great in this episode. It’s nice to see them doing something different, and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

I might be nitpicking a little here, but there were some things that kept this episode down.

First, where‘s Shauna? She’s also a Showcase Performer. Not only is she not there for this, but there wasn’t even a throwaway line saying she wasn’t going to be there. I get why she might not show up on screen - the plot needs to be crammed into 20 minutes after accounting for commercials - but they could have at least said something.

Second, Bonnie and a few of Serena and TRio’s extra Pokemon felt out of place being at the event. The event was supposed to be for performers, a Pokemon partner, and their dates. Bonnie and the extra Mons don’t qualify here, and we don’t see anyone else with more than 1 Pokemon. I get it…they’re the main characters and they are contractually obligated to be on-screen. But still, that stuck out to me, and I feel like Bonnie was on-screen during the main plot because Clemont lost his babysitter at the last minute.

Third, the battle pairings seemed very forced. It was way too contrived for James and Miette to be paired against Ash and Serena. At least have an original character as one of the battlers.

Fourth, and this is my biggest nitpick. It felt like Ash has to be out-of-character to set up part of this plot. Prior to this episode, Ash always seemed to have some intuition of how Serena was feeling and acted based on that. For instance in XY053, he knew when Serena was feeling down and asked multiple times if she was alright. But in this episode, there was no hesitation or thought when Miette asked him to be her date. He eagerly said yes and that was it. The only way that makes sense to me is if he was trying to make Serena jealous…

Overall, I think this episode was OK, but I think there were a few things that keep it from being great.

I’m not one of those people who would go as far to death threat the writers, but I am so pissed that Ash and Serena didn’t dance and because of that reason I hate this episode. The only good thing was Eevee evolving into Sylveon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode would have been better if the battles were one on one instead of tag battles, that way Serena could have actually got a win onscreen that she accomplished on her own with her own Pokemon without any help.

I didn't really care much for the bait in this episode either.