• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Party Dancecapades (908)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

Heading towards Snowbelle City, Serena starts practicing to get her third Princess Key. However, she soon gets an invitation to a dance party for Pokémon Showcase performers. The rules for the party are that one male has to partner up with one female so Serena asks Clemont to be her partner, with Eevee and Bunnelby as their Pokémon. However, Miette turns up, having been invited, and asks Ash to be her partner, stunning Serena. What will happen at this party?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Janovy

Banned
HAHAHA I knew they'd get interrupted. Poor Serena.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
HAHAHA I knew they'd get interrupted. Poor Serena.
That whole scene just screamed of an interruption eventually happening.

But it still made me laugh :).

Edit: Seems like the news regarding Honedge shifted the whole attention away from the episode.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I honestly thought this was a fun episode.

- We got to see Elle again, she recognized Serena, mentioned her to Yashio and she danced with Ash.
- Eevee's evolution was simply beautiful.
- Ash being clumsy at dancing was hilarious.
- Serena made plenty of funny faces which was just amusing to watch.
- SERENA ACTUALLY WON A BATTLE, NO INTERRUPTION OR ANYTHING.
- We learned that Yashio is Elle's teacher/mentor because Elle called her Yashio-sensei.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
In the meantime, what was the aftermath of the tag battle? Did Miette have any final words for Serena?
Ash and Serena won with Sylveon delivering the finishing blow to both Slurpuff and Inkay.

They announced the location of the next Showcase and Miette said her obligatory rival words, so it is possible she'll appear in the next showcase.

jjgury

This was a fun episode, it had me laughing a lot. A shame that its going to be overshadowed by the lack of a dance but it is what it is.

AshSerena

and Yashio saying she found someone who looks like Aria before and i think it is Serena...
Yashio probably the one who's gonna teach Serena to become Kalos Queen at the end of XY&Z Series...
(still disappointed that Ash and Serena did not dance at all ●︿●)

PortugueseLynx

Hummmm no no ofense whoever writers responsible to this series but why exactly a 10 seconds metamorphisis is the solution for stage frightness and shyness? It would be more interesting to sylveon deal with it slightly better and not completely overcome it like never happened. No matter how much i love evolutionthis just feels cheesy and rushed for proper character development. Oh wait its the pkmn anime we are talking about.

jettblakk

Head Hancho
Two thumbs up, really liked the episode, ha me laughing most of the time. The evolution scene was handled real well and I need a gif of that Eevee/ferret "dance" way too adorable. It does stink cause the lack of the dance is probably what the episode will be remembered for, I mean the title is kinda misleading as was the previews but the shoujo sparkles should've given something away. This episode had two functions: 1. Get eevee's evolution over and make Nymphia look strong and 2. Set up yashio's appearance at Serena's next showcase next month from the new year's preview video. It got both done efficiently and with some time to spare, I think AmourShipping is cute and all but that's not this anime's focus. While I won't write off the chance of something romantic happening in the series, I think it was foolish to think it would occur in a random dance hall/tag battle episode mid-journey. If your gonna get something that breaks the status quo in this anime, I think you could only expect that from a linchpin episode, a major arc/season finale, or most likely the pokemon co. is gonna make you fork up some cash to see it in the movies, cause I doubt they'd give away something like that for free. While I understand the shipper community is probably disappointed, this is one of the better episode of the series I've seen in quite a while.

Xuxuba

Hummmm no no ofense whoever writers responsible to this series but why exactly a 10 seconds metamorphisis is the solution for stage frightness and shyness? It would be more interesting to sylveon deal with it slightly better and not completely overcome it like never happened. No matter how much i love evolutionthis just feels cheesy and rushed for proper character development. Oh wait its the pkmn anime we are talking about.

Not really. Her development was gradual.
In the episode she joined Serena's team, she learned how to trust Serena, Pancham and Braixen.
In the episode she had a double battle, Eevee introduced herself to other pokemons and then later she became more confident in battle and she danced in front of the others, something she really didn't want to do before.
In the performance episode, she lost her fear of crowds with the help of Serena telling her to calm down and come back to her.
In the previous showcase, she performed for the first time in front of a audience, losing part of her shyness and learning how to get up and keep performing despite falling in front of everyone.

Lisia

That evolution is so damn BEAUTIFUL. They had one of Sylveon's ribbons popped out and hold Serena to stand up then complete the evolution itself. So unique. And Sylveon is cute af. God. I kinda knew that Honedge preview will overshadow this episode, sigh.

Supersonicbro

Not really. Her development was gradual.
In the episode she joined Serena's team, she learned how to trust Serena, Pancham and Braixen.
In the episode she had a double battle, Eevee introduced herself to other pokemons and then later she became more confident in battle and she danced in front of the others, something she really didn't want to do before.
In the performance episode, she lost her fear of crowds with the help of Serena telling her to calm down and come back to her.
In the previous showcase, she performed for the first time in front of a audience, losing part of her shyness and learning how to get up and keep performing despite falling in front of everyone.

And in this episode she danced with other random pokemon.
If she ran off again or something this episode then I'd understand. They put focus on eevee having fun for a reason.

And about the ash and serena thing. I wouldn't call myself a shipper for them, but i do think that there's a chance something can happen between those two...but in a dedicated episode where ash realizes how blind he was. I didn't expect anything from this episode because it would be out of character. They true time ash and serena get closer in that regard, the episode will be ALL about it. Not just within one scene because 9 times out of 10, what happened in this episode and the "date" episode will happen again.

But judging from the photos this was a good episode nevertheless.

Lisia

I wonder what did Clemont tell Serena about Sylveon's evolution. I like the way they make Sylveon holding Serena with its ribbon just like they described in the dex. So cute.

Last edited:

Supersonicbro

Oh i do have one nitpick after actually watching the episode....did slurpuff only get hit once?"i liked how the battle didn't pause completely when eevee and serena had their moment but besides that it was weird that slurpuff got knocked out with one hit...from a fairy type move.

PortugueseLynx

And in this episode she danced with other random pokemon.
If she ran off again or something this episode then I'd understand. They put focus on eevee having fun for a reason.

And about the ash and serena thing. I wouldn't call myself a shipper for them, but i do think that there's a chance something can happen between those two...but in a dedicated episode where ash realizes how blind he was. I didn't expect anything from this episode because it would be out of character. They true time ash and serena get closer in that regard, the episode will be ALL about it. Not just within one scene because 9 times out of 10, what happened in this episode and the "date" episode will happen again.

But judging from the photos this was a good episode nevertheless.

If Ash is aromatic doesn't mean he is blind. He is just not interested in that stuff, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Plus he's just a kid,he got plenty of time for that. Even if he doesn't ever want to marry anyone, what's the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Supersonicbro

If Ash is aromatic doesn't mean he is blind. He is just not interested in that stuff, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Plus he's just a kid,he got plenty of time for that. Even if he doesn't ever want to marry anyone, what's the problem?

Well him noticing and him sharing interest can be two different things. Yes he could go the whole season without noticing or bringing up serena's crush because he's not interested.
But what I'm hoping for is at least him acknowledging it to show he has noticed but just isn't interested. That would be more realistic than him falling for her.

Last edited by a moderator: